News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Muster! with less than 24 hour notice!

Started by Bama, March 26, 2010, 05:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama

OK, we all were busy paying taxes when they had the Virtual Muster Night 2. But tomorrow (3-27-10) will be a Non-Virtual Muster Brunch (NVMB).  ::)

Anyone who is interested in helping Appleseed grow the program in Alabama is welcome to come. It is extremely short notice, however most of the orange/red hats that I have managed to get on the phone have agreed to be there. A couple of us have been working on new venues and such and it appears that Providence has once again smiled on Alabama with blessings. I percieve a need to get everyone on the same page with the opportunties we have and the best ways to coordinate efforts to effect the greatest outcomes.

Let's see how many Alabamians will muster with less than 24 hours notice!  :o

In honor of Fred we will be mustering at the Golden Corral in Pelham, just off the Oak Mtn State Park exit (Birmingham I-65 area). 10:00am Alabama time!

Bama out

To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)

Fred

Quote from: Bama on March 26, 2010, 05:06:46 PM
In honor of Fred we will be mustering at the Golden Corral in Pelham, just off the Oak Mtn State Park exit (Birmingham I-65 area). 10:00am Alabama time!

:)

The rest of the post - progress in AL - is good news!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Bama

Those who reported for duty at the NVMB:

4merusmc1803
tlawley
brandon1
mmgun
kalash
Flea
Flea, Jr
Bama

Doesn't seem like much, but that's over half our current AL cadre! Thanks ya'll!

Several checked in but could not make it and were considered Absent, With Leave.

Thanks to all AL volunteers. Many topics were dicussed, with some plans formed. Included were past histories, relationships and possible futures with existing venues; the details concerning four (pending) new Alabama venues; Instructor Development; a brainstorming session on how to get LEOs on the line at Columbiana; and much time on how to fill the lines at all AL AS (promotional efforts and mediums), etc.

We have exciting possibilities, so let's get busy till'n and sow'n.

Huah!    8)

Bama out

To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)

Brandon1

It was a enjoyable time well except for Bama ~~:) on us. Just kidding. Working for the prize is our goal and praying for rain next Thursday. 8)
Roaming the world on a klr.