News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

We DO have a new range

Started by douglas34474, March 25, 2010, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter_02

PH, if there's room for one more, I live right down the street. Oh yea, I do like good food  :cool2:    Jim
PS. I know what IBC is. What's KD?

echodog

PHenry

Hunter,
This is an instructor-only "event" intended to improve our ability to shoot to known distance and thereby to teach it on Sunday at events. It is NOT an Appleseeds sanctioned event, but an informal gathering of the FL cadre with a serious purpose (A Rifleman never goes to the range without a firm purpose!).

The last one we did was a smashing success and we hope to do more of them in future. Are you an IIT yet? If not, get your score of 210 or greater on the AQT, attend two events and step up to a fine orange hat and I'll teach you the skills, that if practiced, will allow you to take out sporting clays at 500 yards with iron sights (it got done at last event!).

Come on in - the water's fine!

PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

willorith

BrownBess, do you hear that?  Mr. Henry is talking about you, son.
We are but human.

libertytree

Howdy yaw'll,

I'm a newb that just finished my 1st Appleseed up in Myakka, well, kinda finished...SteveB and Thaifighter will recognize me as the guy with the bum back that had to sit out on Sunday.

Anyhow, I see you're talking about a range in the Ft Myers area that may be hosting meets in the future, any info you can share about its location, name etc? I am also in a position to help promote it here in the Cape Coral area (just west of Ft Myers). So any links to fliers, materials and I'll print and post them at all my access points.

I'm also going to start a thread about any local Appleseeders in the Cape Coral area that might like to get together and drill with each other for the AQT, if you know someone that fits that description please contact me. Also, in this vein, are their any resources available for me to acquire the times, sequences and commands for the AQT drill? Failure is NOT an option at my next meet.

Thanks,

Libertytree

PHenry

lt,
Right now the only venue in Ft. Meyers is on private property, but we can likely hold an event there - just need enough interest. There is also a venue available to us in Clewiston and another in the Glades - again, just need some interest and I will look into it.

Getting the word out is the single greatest challenge holding the program back from saving the country right now - any help you can give would be most appreciated. Contact ItsanSKS and he can set you up with fliers that can be printed out and how best to go about distributing them. The "low tech" way is always good as well - one American at a time!

Many thanks and hope to see you on the trail one day,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

libertytree

No need for any appreciation PHenry, I'm just doing what I always do in the cause for America. I already know quite a few folks that know what they're about, sota speak and I just want to help in any way possible. This is just another layer of the foundation that I've already been busy laying.

Thanks for your reply, I'll contact SKS and proceed from there.

Libertytree

ThaiFighter

Greetings Lib (T), and welcome.  Hope you are back up to speed. (no pun intended)  :)

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

libertytree

Thanks TF,

You can call me LT for short, lib just ain't right in my case : )

I'm still a little hobbled but most of the pain has subsided, thanks for asking though.

And thanks for your guidance and friendliness this weekend, I appreciate it bro.