News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WI tag line

Started by Old Glory!, March 25, 2010, 02:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fepowered

Quote from: kilogulf59 on May 13, 2010, 01:50:22 PM

Snow or Shine We Make More Riflemen...Behing The Cheddar Curtain... ;D

;D

We had some discussion a few weeks back regarding a tag line and there didn't seem to be any consensus.  I got busy planning for and then going to Jamaica for a week.   Jamaica Rocks!  just by the way... 8)
OG had suggested to just go ahead with one, so I did.  If there is a strong calling for a different one, we can change it. O0
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Mogget

Well, I'm kinda partial to Let's Roll.

On the other hand, the juxtaposition of "snow" and "shine" is kinda clever because it captures our situation as a northern tier state.  It may be that part of the challenge is that the line that follows doesn't really have a distinctive meter or rhyme.  To that end:

"Snow or Shine, We're On The Line"

Mogs

fepowered

Quote from: Mogget on May 14, 2010, 07:27:09 AM
Well, I'm kinda partial to Let's Roll.

On the other hand, the juxtaposition of "snow" and "shine" is kinda clever because it captures our situation as a northern tier state.  It may be that part of the challenge is that the line that follows doesn't really have a distinctive meter or rhyme.  To that end:

"Snow or Shine, We're On The Line"

Mogs

That does flow nice and puts a nice point home.  I was combining the broad spectrum of weather aspect of WI and making a statement that regarding the numbers of Riflemen coming out of our shoots compared to the other states. 
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

Shooterer

I'm sorry, I don't understand why we need a tag line? Who are we trying to impress new shooters or other Appleseeders?

I guess my feelings come from watching my wife who works for a large medical facility spend months and countless hours at meetings (with 5-9 others) just to come up with a "Mission Statement" that no one ever reads. (30% of you have walked in to one of their buildings, can you tell me what it said?)

"Less talking and more rocking" = step away from your computer and go shooting with a friend.

Jim

Edit: I do like Mog's "on the line' line  O0
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

Mogget

Hi Shooterer,

You have a point, however, I don't think we have to choose between "rocking" and finding a tag line.  I think we can do both if we choose to.

Mogs

dragonfly

Quote from: fepowered on May 13, 2010, 11:39:25 AM
Quote from: dragonfly on May 13, 2010, 11:13:51 AM
I get the feeling no body really cares anymore, next topic.
Wrong side of the bed today? :cool2:

No, just trying to get a rise @)

D-fly instigating  :cool2:
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

fepowered

Quote from: Shooterer on May 14, 2010, 11:11:42 AM
I'm sorry, I don't understand why we need a tag line?

Try to get a SB loan without a business plan.... :cool2:

If you look around, you will not see any of us sitting around "wasting time" trying to think up a tag line.   This is just a little thing. 
Like Fred says...  "Relax... O0"
Quote from: Fred on March 25, 2010, 12:11:22 PM
Take a look at the list of state boards to see what some other SCs have done to add a little "boost" to their board - to sorta add a little extra 'invite' to 'check it out'.

Think of a line of doors along a street in the Red Light district of Ansterdam, and how you want to put a little something 'extra' out to entice people to come thru your door... :) (It's just some humor, let's all relax... :) )

fepowered

LadyVetch

After being off the forum for a while, I noticed Wisconsin's new tag line which I had been eagerly anticipating.

My first thought was "it's offensive". 

My last AS was in Florida (Myakka Cityk, April 17-18) where I met great Appleseed people - (DrJohn, RickB, Wiley to name a few) just as committed to the Appleseed mission as anyone I have met in Wisconsin.

Is this not a NATIONWIDE program?  That tagline smacks of EGO which I hear so much about and how we should check it.  That goes for us as a state too.  We are not in a competition with other states!  We are in this together as only together, united can we have any hope of impacting our country.

I like Mogs version. It sounds better, and it better reflects the AS mission.

Snow or Shine, We're on the line!

I would hope it would be changed.

LadyVetch
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

fepowered

Quote from: LadyVetch on May 15, 2010, 12:57:57 PM
My first thought was "it's offensive".  
Is this not a NATIONWIDE program?  That tagline smacks of EGO which I hear so much about and how we should check it.  That goes for us as a state too.  We are not in a competition with other states!  We are in this together as only together, united can we have any hope of impacting our country.

Did you notice the new tag line for Illinois?.....   "Building a strong Appleseed state - and leaving California behind in the dust!"

A little light internal competition can be a morale boost...   Have you noticed the playful banter between IL and WI in the forum?  Nothing wrong with having fun.....  :)  I don't think anyone is getting an inflated ego over this...    

The more relevant question is which looks better to the newbies browsing the forum.   If "on the line" is better window dressing, than we 'ought to make that change...  We have at least 2 votes to make the change and no feedback not to, so I will get it done... O0