News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Hampshire Appleseeders, Check In Here!

Started by Ninsho, March 24, 2010, 09:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninsho

I just saw we didn't have a thread like this yet for NH like a few of our neighbors have...

So I thought I would start one, fellow Granite Staters, please check in here!

How many appleseeders do we have here in the Live Free or Die state?!?

villemur

I'm going to be attending my first Appleseed in Pelham on April 17-18.  I'm bringing a couple of guys with me.  We're looking forward to it!

Tom in Manchester.

jrose

I'll be doing my first Applessed on 4/17 and 4/18 in Peterborough.  Should be interesting.  It's been years since I shot any significant amount, and I'm going to try it after having had extensive eye surgury and being treated for a brain tumor.  My expectations for my own performance are not real high, but it should be fun.

Tommy Gun

Another Tom in Manchester,

Looking for my first event in the summer during my vacation in August.   Bennington VT. looks good.  Been meaning to do this for a long time.

Twiggman

You can defend yourself with a pistol.
You can defend your home with a shotgun,
but you'll need a RIFLE to defend your liberty.

villemur

I just did the Appleseed at Pelham this past weekend (April 17-18) - it was fantastic.  I'd like to offer a big thanks to the instructors and IIT's who volunteer so much time to put these shoots on.  And Nick and Kate, your telling of the 'Three Strikes' was excellent - it really kept everyones' attention.  I'm hanging my "Bloody Butchery" poster up today in my office - I figure it's especially appropriate since today is Patriot's Day.

My advice to anyone who wants to attend an Appleseed:  1) get a USGI M1 web sling for your rifle - it really helps.  2) get your rifle to the range beforehand and get acquainted with it - get it sighted in, and put enough rounds through it to really know how it works.  3) bring plenty of ammo - take about twice as much as you think you'll need (can you ever have too much ammo?)

Even if you can't get a sling and practice with your rife beforehand, go the the Appleseed anyway, it's great training.

Tom

qrashandburn

I attended the Holderness Appleseed shoot on April 17-18.  I learned a lot to say the least.  I had read about NPOA, but until I experienced properly setting up my shooting platform, it made all the difference.  You can take all of your muscles except your trigger finger out of the equation, making for consistent repeatable shots.  My advice is to have a decent shooting mat, piece of carpet or the like, especially if you're going to be setting up on concrete like we did.  Knee pads and elbow pads are essential if you're a bigger person and/or have problems with your joints.  All in all, this is excellent training for cheap money, (unless you're shooting .308!  ;) ).

Sean in Stratham

smithy

Grafton NH  :)
Come to my mini AS every Sunday 11am @ Jerry's :---
When society serves individual there is freedom......
When individual serves society there is slavery....                                                        Ayn Rand
When 70 million gun owners in America will know how to shoot strait, the only target they will ever need to hit will be a paper target

jrose

Well, we have one in Allenstown.  Attended the 4/17-4/18 shoot in Peterborough.

The Old Guide

Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

Downrange

Downrange, checking in from the Deering/Hillsborough area. New IIT. Still trying to figure out if there is a PM button

The Old Guide

Click on the little envelope on the lower left corner of a post to send an E-mail to the poster.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

jrose

Are there any Appleseeds planned, or in the planning stage for the period after 6/24?  There's nothing on the calendar for NH after that one.

Ninsho

There are a few planned at Pelham F&G later this year, just need approval from the BoD.  Given they are approved they'll be posted sometime mid June.

The Old Guide

12 days to mid-June. Looking forward to it.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Postman

Vernon Center, New York here. I was raised in Webster, NH and get back there often. I will be shooting on Sunday, Aug 1 at Enfield   :~  :---. Hope to get my younger brother involved, he is in Contoocook.

Peace, Out  \ /

The Postman
"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. "
Ronald Reagan, October 27, 1964

Firewall99

Quote from: smithy on April 27, 2010, 01:04:53 AM
Grafton NH  :)
Come to my mini AS every Sunday 11am @ Jerry's :---

Mini Appleseeds are a good way to nail down those pesky equipment problems before a real Appleseed.  This one in Grafton is still running almost every Sunday at 11 AM.

See attachment below for the directions.  It's on Hardy Hill Rd off of 4A, right at the southern Grafton town line.

We are running this mini all winter, so gear up and come join the fun!
"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

Prep40!

Evening.  I just wanted to check in and introduce myself and figured I should do so here.  I'm from Maine, but my first Applseed event was in Dalton back in the spring.  Andy was the shoot boss and I had a blast, and learned a ton of valuable historical information and shooting fundamentals that I have been training with, and becoming a better overall marksman.    I'm planning on attending the next event in Dalton at the end of September, what a great facility and friendly hosts.  Promise that I'll register before hitting the road this time.  Thanks for having me.   
"The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."

Martlet

Recently relocated to NH.  Looking forward to seeing the events calendar fill up and get back into the mix.