News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Radio time promoting AS for April 17 & 19

Started by douglas34474, March 24, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglas34474

I know Fred said it's been tried before without any luck, but I'm hard headed.  %)

I just dropped $100 for 20, 15 second Public Service announcements on WSKY 97.3 FM, our local conservative talk radio station. These will be aired the week of the events to draw maximum attention to Appleseed. Hoping to get some air time during Rush's show if possible.

IMHO, the flier thing just doesn't have enough impact on drawing a crowd. Promotions are a big problem and without good promotions, even a good thing will die on the vine.

If anyone has ideas what what we want to say, chime in and let me know. It has to short, sweet and to the point. Name recognition is, I would think, the main target. If we can get them interested and going to the web page it's a good start.

Also, being out of work for 16 months, I really don't have the $100 to spare. If anyone cares to chip in it would be great, but even without some help, I going ahead with this.  :sos:

caseyblane

"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

douglas34474

Their out of Gainesville on 97.3 FM. They air Neal Boortz, Rush Limbaugh and Mike Savage.

As we are having our first AS in Gainesville, and in May our first in Ocala, Marion County I'm trying to get some name recognition.

I get on the air when I can on the local call in shows and we had a table at the Tea Party the the Gainesville Target Range hosted. ItsanSKS and PHenry manned that show. Every time I put fliers out they disappear, but with the economy the way it is, traveling 2 hours and getting a room is a little pricey. People are starting to hear about us. I'm hoping the with a local event we can get a good turn out.

I see your pre-regs for St. Augustine are looking real good. O0