News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 3-4 Bates City shoot

Started by HectorFuego, March 24, 2010, 12:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorFuego

Greg and Chris,

Yesterday I signed up for the Bates City shoot.  Do you know if the ladies from Pioneer Gun Club will be selling lunches again this time?

Looks like I will only be able to muster up 1 new recruit this time.  His name is Tyler, and he just turned 16.  He will be using his new Marlin 795.  I took him shooting a few weeks ago, and he did real well, considering he had virtually no experience up to that point.  You will like him.  He's a good kid and has a great attitude about shooting.

Going to try to get the Springfield to the range this weekend to re-zero it.  You may recall the stock to receiver bolts had worked loose last time and the groups were all over the place.  I've tightened and Lock-tited the bolts but haven't had a chance to shoot it since then.  My goal is still to break 210 on the AQT with that rifle.  Intense dry-practice with it is in order, before the shoot.

Look forward to seeing you there, and please, NO RAIN!

Howard, a.k.a. HectorFuego
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

Greg in MO

Howard,

I have an email into Jack regarding lunch.  We will see what he says. 

I too am hoping for decent weather.  The 34 degree rain all last weekend at Osage was not very pleasent.

See you in a couple weeks.

Greg 

kamicosmos

I'll be there with a few friends, at least one new to Appleseed.  This will be the second one for the rest of us.

mikaldulee

Greg in MO

We're up to 28 preregs.  Hopefully they all show up!

Greg

HectorFuego

Greg,

Did Jack ever get back to you on the lunches? 

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.