News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Come on, Charlotte and Western NC

Started by txpirate, March 22, 2010, 04:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txpirate

Alright guys, the eastern half of the state is exploding with attendance and two new regular shoot locations. There's no reason that western half of the state shouldn't be booming, too. We've got several active instructors in the Charlotte area, now. We've got to get a shoot going in Charlotte or west of here.

1. Now the Charlotte area rifle/pistol clubs have been hearing about Appleseed but haven't jumped on the amazing opportunity. If you're a member at a gun club, make sure you are a buzzing bee in the right people's ears about hosting an Appleseed. Better yet, take them with you to the next Appleseed event you go to (4/19). Remember that we can hold one-day Appleseeds (mini's) and even 10 meter Appleseeds.

2. There's lots of open space to the west of Charlotte. If you know anyone that has some land, plant the idea of hosting an Appleseed. Take them to the next Appleseed event you go to (4/19).

3. Next time you are drooling over the glass counter at your neighborhood gun store, start up a conversation about Appleseed. Heck, you might be buying the making of a new LTR, so tell them about it. See if you can leave some materials on the bulletin board. Take whoever you can to the next Appleseed event you go to (4/19).

4. Complete your low-tech Appleseed promotions. Make a list of your friends/family/coworkers/neighbors etc. and take them to the next Appleseed event you go to (4/19). By this time, you may need to charter a bus to fit everyone that is going with you to the next Appleseed event. Do it.

5. HeavyCAV is hosting the first Appleseed BBQ this Saturday. Our own State Coordinator is the keynote speaker, and rumor has it that Fred himself may be in attendance. Their will be many liberty-loving, like-minded individuals from the Campaign for Liberty there, and I, for one, look forward to making some new friends.

There's lot to be done. Let's kick this pig.

virg461

I would be interested in helping out with an Appleseed event in Western/NW NC.  I am in the Elkin area.  I attended my first Appleseed in Ramseur the weekend of the 17th of April.  Had a great time, and shot rifleman.  Let me know if I can help.

Fred

Quote from: virg461 on May 15, 2010, 09:03:11 AM
Let me know if I can help.

OK, virg, I am letting you know that you can help in this program.

Now, how about locating us a range/spot of land to do an AS in your neck of the woods, so you don't have to drive all the way to Ramseur next time?

And then, after we get it set up, let's get the word out, locally, and get some people to turn out.

Once you've done all that, LMK - as I have some other ways you can help the program. :)

And thanks for posting your willingness to help.

This program cannot make it without Americans pitching in to 'make it happen.' O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

virg461

Funny you should ask, I happen to own a 'spot of land'....I own about 50 acres, and I do my shooting in a field along our creek bottom.  The field is over 300 yards long, maybe 50 yards wide.  Once end butts up against a steep hillside.  Might be a good place to do some 25 yard .22 instruction.  The only downside is that it's a bit hard to get to.  I drive my old suburban down there, but some folks might not like the roughness of the drive.....

txpirate

Grayson

I would be very happy to see an Appleseed come up closer to home.  But I'm also kinda excited that I get to do my first one (if all goes according to plan) on the home range... :cool2:

Mr.Fancypants

Just wanted to make my presence known. Not that I want to be notorious, just made aware of  :P

Anyhow, plan on attending my first AS on July 31 in Ramseur. I live in Boone full time with my wife. I have tried spreading the word about the AS to my friends/family, and plan on bringing at least 3 other people with me, one from Burlington, another from Hickory, and one from Durham.

I plan on having a good time, and learning a thing or two.

k

Grayson

You've been more successful than me at "recruiting," Mr. FP... :-[  Though I hear there may be an Appleseed in Kingsport TN this fall - a great deal closer to home for both of us!

'Kay, "navigation" isn't one of my strong suits, so someone correct me if I'm wrong here.  It actually looks pretty darn simple:  Get on I-40, cruise on down to the Mocksville exit, get on 64, stay on that till I get on 22 then follow the directions to the range.  Right?

Dice

Looks like Charlotte is getting it's first Appleseed at the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club on October 30th and 31st.

I attended my first Appleseed at Ramseur on October 2nd and 3rd and I think I will sign up for the one in Charlotte to support the  one my area and plus go back for that Rifleman's patch too!

Flyer here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17334.0;attach=34542

Forum Discussion here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17334.0</td><td>

Dice

NeilR

Dice, I'm the member-sponsor of this event for the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club, and I'll be there as an IIT.  It's a nice facility, you'll enjoy it.  I'm looking forward to seeing you and others there!

Neil R.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Dice

Quote from: neilr on October 27, 2010, 08:46:27 AM
Dice, I'm the member-sponsor of this event for the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club, and I'll be there as an IIT.  It's a nice facility, you'll enjoy it.  I'm looking forward to seeing you and others there!

Neil R.

Thank you for getting an AS in my area.

Dice

Rumor has it a new IIT will be there....

More like...

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Just joking....he'll do fine.