News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru CA March 20-21, 2010

Started by Dano, March 21, 2010, 11:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano

Piru Appleseed March 20-21, 2010

Shoot Boss: Dano
Instructors: Sespe, Marpat Whittemore and Marpat Pippi

Saturday 11 shooters
Sunday 9 Shooters

It was another fine day at the Piru Appleseed Range. With a total Saturday of 11 shooters some were returning but most of them were first timers. Sunday we had 9 shooters show up shoot.
The weather and conditions were near perfect Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
     We had three Riflemen minted on Sunday , Chris with a 222, Bill with a 221 and Tom, with a 215. John and Brian were knocking on the door with score in the 180 range on Sunday.
     Tony Chow a returning Rifleman was there to help coach Dimitri and Adam. Adam was awarded the Luther Blanchard patch. And Tony I have your hat if you PM me I can mail it to you.
    It was a great Appleseed with one more Riflemen minted in the state of California, and several more not far away.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Dano

I forgot to mention Tom step up and took an Orange Hat!

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

sespe

Wow, what an outstanding AS!  The walk-ons both days were incredible.  Sunday Morning we had impressive numbers on the redcoat, and didn't Bill get rifleman on the very first AQT of the day?  

A great bunch of shooters, some beautiful weather, and I almost made it through the entire weekend unscathed.  Right up until I hit that 'bovine land mine' after the last redcoat.  Oh well, shoes can be washed off.  I think the grins on the riflemen's faces will last much longer...

Working ball and dummy:

Prepare to sit:

Sit!

The Marpats at work:

Our newest Orange Hat:

I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

sespe

And I will forever remember the Great Attack of the Suicidal Zombie Ninja Kamikaze Ground Squirrel during rapid prone....
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

HollywoodMarine

I see that my services were not need after all  O0 But it does look like it was my lose. But Sacramento was great fun
A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

jacques

Nice shoot guys. I felt really bad not being there. But it all worked out great I see.  O0
Two Words-Meriams Corner

SavageShootr

Great report! Thanks Dano.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new Riflemen. A hearty welcome to Tom on taking the hat. Thanks for stepping up.

Most times that I see Tony at Angeles, I ask if he is ready to take the hat. Maybe one of these days.... In the meantime, he is still promoting Appleseed.

Jacques, you were where you were needed.  O0
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Dano

Hollywood and Jacques were definetly missed, but they were where they needed to be!

V

Dano and sespe,

Thank you guys for letting us steal your instructors at the last minute. But it looks like you didn't need them. And thanks for looking after my mate Chris and getting him to rifleman on his second AS. Didn't get a hat on him then ;) Don't worry, I'll keep working on him down the pub and he's bound to come back with a 308  ;)

The English are coming!

Phil

sespe

Phil,

I talked to Chris and told him my story.  I didn't take the hat at my AS.  I went home and thought about it, discussed it with the boss, and thought about it some more.  I really wanted to do it right, not just go in half-cocked. 

About a week later, I contacted Savage Shooter and the rest you know.  So keep working on Chris.  After watching him twice, I'd be honored to work next to him on the trail.

Besides, the more British accents telling us OUR history (that we've forgotten), the better...

jacques

I remember Chris from the last Piru shoot. Good guy. You are going to have to buy him a drink V.
Two Words-Meriams Corner