News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Manheim PA March 20-21, 2010

Started by lprgcfrank, March 22, 2010, 05:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

What glorious weather for an Appleseed!  low 70's, bright sun and a nice breeze!

We had 4 shooters on Saturday and 3 on Sunday.

This was a great shoot for getting IIT's some time on the line and passing their progress checks.

Big H is now an RWVA Instructor!  He will be the Shoot Boss at the Chambersburg shoot on April 18-19!

Ares West and Another D.O.M are now IIT4's
Machine Mac is now an IIT3
Diesel is now and IIT1
and Charliew Stepped up to become an IIT!

Charlie is from MA and walked on Sunday and shot a 215 to be our only Rifleman of the shoot.

Rifles on the line were AR 15's - with and without .22lr conversion kits, Ruger 10-22's, Marlin, the new SIG 522's, Mosin Nagant and a Druganov.

Everyone's skills improved and learned more about our heritage.

We all learned a lot when we went to the Known Distance range as the Range manager wanted us to only use the 200 yard range yesterday.  the folks shooting .22's learned a lot about IMC and MOA and how to adjust their rifles from 25M to 200yd!

Photo's below.  One in honor of Dinky Dao - Father and son IIT's on the line shooting Redcoats with 7.62x 54R - A Mosin Nagant and a Druganov.

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

sgtrock

This was an Outstanding shoot,

Congratulations to BigH on the Red Hat well deserved, very confident that the AS Trail will be richer with your presence,

The history presentations by Ares West, and Another D.O.M. were absolutley awsome, from the heart, Outstanding job guys

Congratulations to Charliew, from Mass, on accepting the Orange Hat, Now the work begins, for when he received it, he asked now what do I have to do, we got a chuckle out of that, and said, now it's time to go to work, welcome to the Appleseed Instructor Corps!!  

Scott was a self proclaimed, New To Shooting type of guy, I knew then he would do well, For that is thee, Come with a Willingness to Learn Attitude, and he did, He listened to everything and applied the instruction like a Pro,, I'm sure he will achieved the score on his next Appleseed, nice job Scott hope to see ya again.

Phillip was a trooper, did really well with an AR

Joe and Helen did an outstanding job, would have like to have had them back on sunday, they have the right stuff, we'll see them on the AS Trail again.

Would like to Thank Frank, Ares West and BigH for having us at Manheim and meeting Machine Mac and son Diesel from NJ.

Hope to work with you all soon

sgtrock

Another D.O.M.

As with every Appleseed I've attended, I had a fabulous Appleseed weekend in Manheim.

As sgtrock and myself  drove south from NY into PA and approached the range, we noticed that the fields were already becoming green and there were buds on the trees.  This is a big change from upstate NY, where we have not yet bid farewell to Old Man Winter for this year (we have at least three more weeks of 'snow watch' season before we can finally breath a sigh of relief).

I have to admit that I was somewhat in awe of the state we had traveled into.  Every house, every barn, every outbuilding was in nearly perfect repair, a far stretch from the norm I'm used to in my travels throughout New York.  It seems that, contrary to the typical hype from Albany, lower taxes actually improve the general standard of living. and this seems to make folks much happier as a fringe benefit.

Imagine that!

An open-carry state, with few restrictions of any kind on firearms.  The way this country was designed by it's founders to be.  It reinforces just how much has been stolen from me by my 'representatives' in Albany, many of whom had abandoned the significance of the oath they swore to our Constitution before they had even uttered the words.

But I digress...

This was a fantastic crew I worked with, every one top-notch (as has been every Appleseed instructor I've worked with).  I learned and grew, as I do at every Appleseed I attend; and I completed yet another page in my personal journal along The Appleseed Trail.

Many thanks to lprgcfrank (who runs a fantastic show for the PA Appleseed program - efficient & professional, a clean, tight ship); Big H (I think he absorbs everything in his immediate environment and can recite it back to you within minutes - a professional in every sense); Ares Wast (The Rifleman.  Period.  Nothing more I can say about the man can improve upon that); sgtrock (I'm biased here since I've worked with Stoner so much.  At the very least, he drove, making this trip possible for me; and at best he is a true friend); Machine Mac, Diesel & Chewie (I'm lumping the family together, as, of course, it should be:  MM & Diesel, you are poised to make a huge contribution to the program and to your fellow NJ citizens in the years to come, and it looks liek you cannot wait to begin; and Chewie, who became my almost-best-friend after sharing Vienna Sausages for Sunday lunch).  Congratulations to all on their advancement along The Trail!

The shooters on both days were some of the most 'well regulated' folks I've worked with. I applaud each and every one of you for your commitment and dedication!

And a very special thanks to charliew, not only for tracking us down all the way from MA, but also for Taking The Hat.  This means a great deal to the rest of us, believe me!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Big H

What a great week-end. The blue skies, the welcoming host range, the shooters who got off the couch to persist in learning marksmanship and heritage, the passionate instructors from several states- I'm going to run out of superlatives...
A highlight for me was the 200 yard full distance instruction. The lessons at 27 yards do apply at 200!  O0

scottlring

What a great weekend!!! It was my pleasure meeting all of you. The Appleseed Project is more than I expected. The level of training and professionalism from the instructors is top notch. The presentations on our heritage were informative, interresting, and heart felt. It's great to see people who really enjoy passing along the skills and knowledge they have to others. The weather was great too.

I want to thank you all again for your help and all the coaching during the shoot.

When I first signed up to attend, I thought this was just going to be shooting class. I am very pleasantly surprised to find that not only is Project Appleseed about improving marksmanship, but it's also about restoring the concept of personal responsibility to the individual and reminding people that they must be active in making sure our country remains free by keeping up with what is going on politically and most of all, getting off their butts and voting.

Good job guys!!!!  I am looking forward to attending another Appleseed event.