News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Do you know of a range that would be perfect for AS? -- Virtual Muster 2&3

Started by MeanStreaker, March 16, 2010, 09:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

All we need is a safe backstop and Appleseed provides everything else.

We're really looking for places where we can get out to 500 yards, or fit 50+ people on the line........... or, both!   @)
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

GoldFish

Really?  That's it?  Guess I never stopped to think about it.  We could have one in our backyard then!
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

MeanStreaker

Hehe, goldfish, you're killing me.

Have your Dad call me pronto!!!!!!

Hehe.

For those that don't know.  Appleseed provides a multi-million dollar Insurance policy, all targets, all Instructors and Line Safety Officers, everything to put on a safe and successful shoot.  All we need is donation of time with a safe backstop and the ability to set up a 25 m firing line.  Please PM or email me if you know of any suitable ranges!

Remember that we won't consider ourselves close to successful until we have a monthly Appleseed shoot in every county! 

10 down.  78 to go!   O0  We'll be there in three years or less. 
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

GoldFish

Our backyard is not a full fledged backstop, but a hill that gradually slopes, allowing us to shoot  :---(IN OUR BACKYARD  ;D) out to about 65-75 yards.  
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

WY_Not

Southern Cuyahoga Sportsman's Association? They are a couple of miles west of Medina. (http://www.scsasportsmen.com/)

They are are more hunting than black rifle but they do have NRA High Power matches once a month. Range goes out to 200yrds.

WY_Not
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

MeanStreaker

Great.  Thanks for the lead.  How close is this to you WY_Not? 
--Thomas Paine

WY_Not

About 20 minutes away.

Is my current home range. This is my third year of membership there but have only been to one of the monthly meetings; the one when I signed up. :-[  Pretty much go to shoot and do a few work parties each year. I sooooo miss being able to go to the "back 40" at my parents and just shooting when I wanted.  :---

Joseph
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

para45acp

Big Darby Creek shooting range West of C-bus, and Pickaway County Sportsmans Club East of Circlevill both come to mind... :~
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

MeanStreaker

para, you need to check the AS schedule more often.  :)  I met with the owners of Big Darby Creek and they graciously agreed to host us on June 5-6.

I have contacted the Pickaway Sportsman's Club a couple times with no luck thus far.  But I'll keep trying.
--Thomas Paine

Hoover

That's probably my fault.  We were talking about these ranges and I had failed to associate the range name w/ the location.  We talked about the "West Jefferson" range and Big Darby as if they were two separate ranges.  Note to self--know all locations *and* their range names.

MeanStreaker

Hehe, no biggie guys.  Once we achieve our goal in four years (or less!) of having a monthly Appleseed in ever county in Ohio, I think it will be difficult to keep all 88 straight.    O0
--Thomas Paine

MeanStreaker

--Thomas Paine

para45acp

Small private range in Licking County that will accommodate 15 shooters or more at approximately 300yds...could work as a "mini" location.
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Coaster

Hi!

I'm the webmaster for Pickaway County Sportsmen. I haven't made it to an AS yet but it's on my list of things to do this spring.

Once I've been to a shoot I'll be able to make a better pitch to our board of directors to get approval for a shoot. Our ranges are scheduled pretty tight on the weekends so working a 2 day event in is tricky. Months that have 5 weekends would be the best possibility for the first time.

You can consider me your main point of contact for the club.   webmaster@pcsirange.com or my home phone is 614 328-8250
Coaster

MeanStreaker

Thank you Sir!  I had sent an email to the Pickaway County Sportsmens Club around the end of January. 

It's very nice to meet you and I will certainly be in touch!

Thanks!
--Thomas Paine

Ratchett

Quote from: Coaster on April 28, 2010, 09:54:00 PM
Hi!

I'm the webmaster for Pickaway County Sportsmen. I haven't made it to an AS yet but it's on my list of things to do this spring.

Once I've been to a shoot I'll be able to make a better pitch to our board of directors to get approval for a shoot. Our ranges are scheduled pretty tight on the weekends so working a 2 day event in is tricky. Months that have 5 weekends would be the best possibility for the first time.

You can consider me your main point of contact for the club.   webmaster@pcsirange.com or my home phone is 614 328-8250

Coaster,

Not to be pushy or anything  ::) , but we are having an AS in Athens May 22 & 23. Would be a great weekend if you can make it fit and shortens that spring to do list. It isn' t a far drive from Circleville at all, plenty of camping space, hot showers, decent food, and a darn good campfire after hours. Rumor has it we might even have a visit from Fred, RWVA and AS founder :D  Just inviting O0

Hope to see you soon  ^-^

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Coaster

I looked at that one and thought I'd go. Then I flipped over to my calendar and that happens to be our ranges yearly YouthFest.

We offer kids the chance to come out and shoot .22s, air rifles, muzzleloaders, shotguns, go fishing, throw tomahawks, archery, ride horses, and have lunch all for free. While I'm not committed to any thing I usually help as a floater and play photographer.

I'll be in Charlotte for the NRA convention the weekend of the 15th. So it looks like by elimination of weekends I'm back to Gibsonberg on the 29th or into June.

I'm going to really twist my bosses arm to get him to bring his daughter down for it. Out of everything she's shot she really likes rifles, and says optics are like cheating :)
Coaster

Ratchett

Quote from: Coaster on April 28, 2010, 11:28:43 PM
I looked at that one and thought I'd go. Then I flipped over to my calendar and that happens to be our ranges yearly YouthFest.
IMHO-- any time you can offer youth the chance to experience all that, it takes precedence O0

I'll be in Charlotte for the NRA convention the weekend of the 15th. So it looks like by elimination of weekends I'm back to Gibsonberg on the 29th or into June.

I'm going to really twist my bosses arm to get him to bring his daughter down for it. Out of everything she's shot she really likes rifles, and says optics are like cheating :) I agree with her, unfortunately my eyes are trying to take another route >:(

Hopefully we will meet on the trail. G-burg will be a swell place too---They are great people!!

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Coaster

I just wanted to thank MeanStreaker for stopping by and speaking at our directors meeting last night. All the comments I got afterwards were pretty positive. I also put a short thank you on our website: http://www.pcsirange.com
Coaster

MeanStreaker

Quote from: Coaster on May 07, 2010, 04:27:36 PM
I just wanted to thank MeanStreaker for stopping by and speaking at our directors meeting last night. All the comments I got afterwards were pretty positive. I also put a short thank you on our website: http://www.pcsirange.com

It was a pleasure to meet you and talk with the other Directors at Pickaway.  Thanks very much for making it happen.

The couple hour trip made a very nice motorcycle ride as well. :)

Talk to you soon,
--Mike
--Thomas Paine