News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Do you know anyone around New Phila or Gibsonburg? -- Virtual Muster 2

Started by MeanStreaker, March 16, 2010, 09:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Pre-regs are climbing steadily, but not fast enough!!!

These are our two ranges where known distance happens.  Therefore, they're the jewels of Ohio Appleseed.  Do you know anyone in the area that you can convince to come to a shoot?  Know anyone you can rope into helping promote locally?  Please let us know if you do.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

rcmddillon

I'm working on a few friends. I'll redouble my efforts. I figured every position on the line would be taken by now. As to promotions, i'll do whatever I can. This is my third post so I'm still getting my legs under me. Are there pre made promo materials? Are there preferred promo approaches or should I plaster every local bulletin board?

MeanStreaker

That's great dillon!  Thanks very much for your offer to help.  Either myself or our Ohio Promotions Boss, "Hoover" (aka Gregg) will contact you to get something going.  You can go to this thread and download Ohio-specific fliers that are easily printed.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11717.0

May I ask if you live in and around New Phila?  I grew up there.  Graduated as a Fighting Quaker in 1998 and now live in SW Ohio.  My family is still in NP.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

MeanStreaker

I know there are a few gun shops around New Phila and Dover.  Do they still hold gun shows at the old Rinks location?  I think hanging up fliers there, every sporting good store, grocery store (like Buehler's), everywhere, would be a big help.
--Thomas Paine

rcmddillon

MeanStreaker

Thank you!

Word of mouth and one person speaking to another is our best promotion tool.

So you know, we already have very good pre-registration numbers (especially for a first shoot in a new location), but it's a very large range and we can still fit more.
--Thomas Paine

Hoover

QuoteAre there pre made promo materials?

Yes!  If you are referring to ones in electronic format, then look here.

Otherwise, if you could better use pre-printed materials, then please PM me w/ your physical (mail) address and I'll stuff a box full and get it to you.

Edheler

I plan to go to the New Philadelphia shoot but have not registered yet. I don't think I can be counted on as local since I live in Pennsylvania 60 miles almost directly east as the crow flies or 80 miles as the car drives. :) I get to drive there the "hard way" by taking 22 and 250 the whole way.

MeanStreaker

Hey Ed, I know that route well.  My grandparents lived in Scio, OH near Tappan lake in those parts.  And I made the trip along 22 many times to Pittsburgh and back.
--Thomas Paine

Edheler

Quote from: MeanStreaker on March 16, 2010, 10:35:31 PMHey Ed, I know that route well.  My grandparents lived in Scio, OH near Tappan lake in those parts.  And I made the trip along 22 many times to Pittsburgh and back.

This will be the first time for me to that part of Ohio. When I was younger my parents took us kids all over, but skipped most of that area. Back in the late 70's and early 80's 22 wasn't the road it is today, so I can guess I understand why they didn't want to pull the trailer that way. The station wagon had a hard enough time pulling the trailer on the interstates.

northbridgewater

MS- I'll get some fliers distributed in the vicinity west of New Phila. this week.

MeanStreaker

--Thomas Paine

LindaFromAppleCreek

I passed out a bunch of flyers as the Dalton gun show late February at the OFCC table. 20 were printed out, and only 2 were left. Several people I talked to were from Tusc. County.

There's a gun shop in Strasburg. If you'd like me to, I can try to get flyers to them.

Is there a place in Gander Mountain for flyers/posters? My husband gets to the North Canton one fairly often. That isn't that far from NP.
aka Mustang380gal