News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night (part 2) March 16, 7PM CST

Started by ItsanSKS, March 16, 2010, 08:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Fellow Floridians-

We have been called upon to muster this evening in support of Project Appleseed.

No blood shall need to be spilled, no families need be left wanting.

All that is being asked of you is to renew your pledge to support Appleseed in your home town. 

We have a lot of work that needs to be done here in FL, if we are to meet our goals for 2010. 

Attendance at our events has been marginal, at best, and I blame lack of promotions.  That is where I would like everyone to start.

EVERYONE needs to be dedicated to passing out fliers at their local gun shops.  I can supply a small amount for you to get started, along with SWAT & Dillon reprints.  Generic event fliers can be downloaded and printed for pennies.   

We need a group of people (3-4) committed to working the gun show circuit in support of Appleseed.

We need people willing to call the various talk shows and inform them of who we are, and what we're about.

We need 1-2 people willing to handle the online aspect of promotions.

And lastly, we need someone who can step up to be the "Promotions Boss" for Florida.  This person will be the one-stop-shop for information regarding event promotions here in FL. 

If you can volunteer your time to assist in any of the above capacities, please sound off.  There is no requirement to be an Instructor or Instructor In-Training for any of the positions listed.  You must only possess a willingness to do something to help save our country.

If you are interested, please mention something here, then PM me for the details of the position for which you have volunteered.

With your help, we can make Florida the premier Appleseed destination!

In Liberty,

ItsanSKS
Florida State Coordinator
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

caseyblane

Hello. Didn't make it last time, but here I am.

As long as we can keep getting Appleseeds in NE FL, I'll keep trying to do better to promote them. I'd like to try some of the local radio shows.

I look forward to seeing how the facebook ad campaign has worked. What else do you have in mind for online promotions?

I'm still interested in getting a FL e-newsletter going. Right now that means doing it and getting the eventbrite registration emails from Riflewoman.
Casey

"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

caseyblane

Facebook Ad campaign:
$51.37 spent
182,637 ad displays
122 clicks on ad
8 individuals "attending" that came through the ad.
(I don't know how many have actually pre-registered.)
22 individuals "maybe" attending that I know came through the ad.

Appalacious

If it costs 5 bucks a person (assuming 10 people and 50 bucks) to get them to an appleseed, put me down for 20.
J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

EEL

phenry, itsansks, and all.......Illinois tips it's hat to y'all!! O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

SendIt

Glad to be present for duty.

I'm waiting for reply from my supervisor that I have the time off to help PHenry in Hernando next month on my IIT trail.

Hopefully it will be a family affair again.  Mrs. Cleaver is trying to break a previous commitment to lend her hand also.

I'm in Oklahoma right now halfway through a one month stay but am spreading the Appleseed message.

SendIt.   Huzzzzaaaah!
"You have plenty of rights in this country, provided you don't get caught exercising them." Terry Mitchell

ItsanSKS

Quote from: caseyblaneWhat else do you have in mind for online promotions?
Some of the 'online' stuff, you are already doing, Casey.  What I am trying to do is enlist some aid for you.  We need people to help with items such as maintaining a Facebook and Twitter presence, as well as posting our schedule of events on other forums such as WarRifles.com, Arfcom, glocktalk, etc.  I try to help as much as I can on the forums that I am a member of, but I truly have no more time for other online endeavors. 

I'd also love to get a monthly (or bi-monthly) newsletter going, and would be willing to contribute both $$$ and time to get this going.  I am not net savvy enough to get this ball rolling, but will be glad to put my shoulder to the cart to keep it going. 

Quote from: SendItI'm waiting for reply from my supervisor that I have the time off to help PHenry in Hernando next month on my IIT trail.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated, as by Phenry and Myself are currently understaffed for our April events.  Please give my regards to Mrs. Cleaver!

Quote from: caseyblane(I don't know how many have actually pre-registered.)
While I do not know of a method of determining where they heard about AS from, you can see the final numbers of those who have pre-registered here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10584.0

Current Pre-registration numbers for April 17,18:

Hernando: 3
St. Augustine: 22
Manatee: 5
Gainesville: 11

I would hazard a guess that the substantive differences in pre-registration numbers are due mainly to your advertising via facebook.  I know of no way to validate this claim, but it 'seems' right.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

caseyblane

Whoa! The pre-registration numbers were updated. It now shows 41 for St. Augustine!

ItsanSKS

Casey, 

I think it is safe to say that whatever you have been doing up in St. Aug. works.

I would be greatly interested in helping you do the same thing for the other events here in FL.  Please start a new thread here in the FL section regarding what steps you've taken, and what new ideas you'd like to try.

jollymeister

Quote from: caseyblane on March 18, 2010, 12:56:44 AM
Whoa! The pre-registration numbers were updated. It now shows 41 for St. Augustine!

Just might have to have a PA to call the Line  &)
This is great ...Lovin every minute of it  :---

Salute