News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster II

Started by The ][rishman, March 16, 2010, 05:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ][rishman

Hey, Kansas.  Check in here.  I will have to work this evening.  I will try to check in from work if I can get away.  Post questions or even toss in some ideas to get the state of Kansas growing.

The ][rishman
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

ErikAnderson

How about honorary Kansan's!? O0

The ][rishman

You sir, are close enough for me!
III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

gpbbiker

Shouldn't that be " ornery Kansans " ???  :)
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

Greg in MO

RC checking in...  So how do we get some shoots in Western KS?

Greg

The ][rishman

John, good to see you here.

Greg, that is a good question.  Pat and Cindy were having some trouble finding a place in western KS.  Is there anyone here who might have a western KS connection?

Friends, Gun shops, 4-H, Rodeo...

III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

4bfox

Sorry I didn't make it earlier, just got off work. I have a close friend who knows some guys in western KS, I've been working on him to get something going out there, nothing yet. We'll keep plugging along though.

Ben
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

Checking in,  got online a little late tonight.    Maybe if I could convince my brother in law to come out to an event, I could ask him about some land.  The hard part is getting him out there.  With all the farming and ranching work, he's usually out in the field every weekend.   

gpbbiker

It's just a suggestion but you might give Lee Hawes of Hawes Ranch Outfitters in Dodge City a call. (cool music on the website!!)
A> He hunts buffalo on his property, so he is used to shooters, especially shooters interested in long range
B> He has a deep appreciation for history, albeit a different period in America but at least he is likely to have a receptive ear
C> His is a commercial operation, increased exposure and traffic to your location at minimum expense might be sellable!
D> He is well connected, if he isn't interested, maybe he knows someone who might be!

Just a thought!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

4bfox

Those are the kind of thoughts we NEED. Thanks for the input!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10