News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

300 Shooters On The Line In Illinois!

Started by Garand69, March 16, 2010, 04:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

9/11 Shoot is Back On Track!!!
Are You Ready To Be Part Of Appleseed History?

As some of you may know, Illinois had been planning a Record Appleseed Shoot for 2010 at the World Shooting & Recreation Complex in Sparta, IL. Unfortunately, after a lot of work by Castle Mountain and EEL designing event patches, t-shirts, and flyers, the date fell through due to a scheduling glitch.

Well the effort has not died. The only way to fail at something is to stop trying, and EEL has never stopped trying!

He has approached ASC in Waterman IL and has asked them to be the range for this record-making event, and they have agreed!!

If you are unfamiliar with ASC, here is a link to their website...

http://www.aurorasc.org/

If you want a real good look at the facility, I encourage you to attend their upcoming Open House on March 27th, beginning @ 10am.

This thread will be the place to get all the info regarding this shoot!

It will have flyer information, Instructor information, Pre-Reg information, etc etc. So if you are interested in attending as a shooter, or participating in the event, please bookmark this thread!

Because of the size of this shoot, It will be run via committee. The members of that committee are as such.

Chairman - EEL
Instructor Selection - The Guy
Promotional Design - Castle Mountain

Of course, each of these positions may need your assistance, so if you are interested in helping out, please chime in the thread below.

We are currently 6 months out, and for a shoot this size, we do not have time to mess around!

The shoot was just submitted today to be added to the 2010 schedule, so if you do not see it, don't panic.

Stay Tuned for more information and Volunteer Requests regarding this shoot, and of course, GET THE WORD OUT!!!

Thanks

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

techres

This is great news!  IN has been looking for someone to break our record and we would love nothing more than to come over and help you knock it out of the park.

Seriously, we are watching and getting ready for the border raid.   O0

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Garand69

Quote from: techres on March 16, 2010, 07:17:44 PM
This is great news!  IN has been looking for someone to break our record and we would love nothing more than to come over and help you knock it out of the park.

Seriously, we are watching and getting ready for the border raid.   O0

Techres

Appleseedin' Hoosiers are always welcome here in IL!!!

Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

MamaBear

PM sent to The Guy to consider yours truly and MisterAnderson for instructors  O0  I will most assuredly be wearing red by then (doing my PC in April)- and it never hurts to have ladies on the line, am I right fellas?  :cool2:

MB
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

AFTERMATH

Quoteand it never hurts to have ladies on the line, am I right fellas?
This is a trap...  Right? I thought so. @)

PM Inbound!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Trisha

Man I wish I could go to this one...it isn't too far of a drive, but I don't feel like taking the chance of having my baby right there on the line...lol. I do hope it is successful! Just wondering is there a special flyer for promotion for this big event? If so post it here please or tell me where to go to find one cuz I would love to get it put up in the Madison area, hopefully it'll get people interested enough to drive a couple of hours to get there! 

Deacon

I am really looking forward to this event!

If you get a "300" flyer put together, I would like to get it in the hands of our Shootbosses for the April 17/18th shoots.  This gives the shooters something to think about and put on thier social calender. 

I think Castle Mountain is supposed to be in charge of this &)........I need a flyer my man! :bow: 

Promotions for this event are going to be the key!

Promotions need to start NOW and need to be in the entire midwest in order for this to be successful.  This will be a TEAM effort! ^:)^

Count me in guys for anything that I can help with.

Castle Mountain

I have received written word that a large border raiding party of TEXAS RANGERS will quite possibly
be heading North to Waterman to work, shoot and participate in this great event. You gotta know Texas
loves in the words of Ed Sullivan a really BIG SHEW! :))
So we need to welcome these
bothers in arms to join this great shindig and certainly to keep them posted. Pop promised
not to sneak any of Scouts large Texas rattlesnakes from his range in Devilla, into this event because I told him he
would most likely see one flying among other flags. 

We are gung ho for this event, yes sireee! ..:..

Need feedback on this flier G69 & Lt. Col. EEL O0

Say maybe we could invite Ted Nuggent to this event, He might provide some band entertainment to go along being the true Patriot he is?
Would certainly be a publicity event for Appleseed and I am sure he would love to do it.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

dragonfly

Quote from: Trisha on March 18, 2010, 11:19:40 PM
Man I wish I could go to this one...it isn't too far of a drive, but I don't feel like taking the chance of having my baby right there on the line...lol. I do hope it is successful! Just wondering is there a special flyer for promotion for this big event? If so post it here please or tell me where to go to find one cuz I would love to get it put up in the Madison area, hopefully it'll get people interested enough to drive a couple of hours to get there! 

Issac Clayton Bries born Sept. 11 2010 Parents and Grand parents instructing Appleseed at ASC Waterman Il. Right after ahhshoot gives an emotional 2nd strike. Now that would be a press release. :bow: O0

D-fly @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

The Guy

First, I would like to say that I appreciate the efforts of Eel, Castle Mountain and the rest who have worked tirelessly on getting this put together.

I would like to encourage all SBs, RHIs, and IITs to push this event at all future shoots.  Fliers should be availible for down load soon, and with some help from our friend Bulkhead, hopefully will be included in mass w/shoot boxes in the near future.

I would like to say that records are made to be broken, and I expect this one, when successful, to be busted ASAP!  Your help will be critical in this, and future efforts.

Thinking about "prizes" or something to recognize biggest "out of suck",.....er, "state" participant group (I expect WI to win this, but hey, there are 48 other states out there, so..... hint hint CA!)

I will be encouraging all our MI to plan on being there, along with Fred himself.  I will need their quality help to ensure a successful shoot.

I hope as many of you who can be there will.  I expect a big turn out, and this close to Chicago, we, as a program, will really have a chance to shine.

Space is limited, although vast, and I expect it to fill sooner rather than latter, so be sure to pump your Appleseeders to pre-reg early.  Walkons will be taken as a first come first serve nature, but when we are out of room, we are out of room.

Depending on how this goes, I expect previous Riflemen and high scorers to shoot AD (actual distance) all weekend, and I expect seperate lines for new Appleseeders and previous Appleseeders that will be paced according to skill level.

Don't miss this exciting oppritunity for both the program and the state(s)!

Keep the Faith,

Guy

EEL

Getting your shooters to sign up eary and often (sorry, thinking about voting in Chgo) **)  is CRITICAL !!!!!!

The shoot is capped at 300.  That's it.  No more.  Nada. Zip.  The 1st 300 are in  O0  The rest  :'(  I will post our basic flier here tomorrow, 3/20.  I'm mailing out fliers to all SB in neighboring states for 4-17.  After that, like Guy says, it would be great if they came in the shoot box.

See this thread for the flier.

Thanks,
EEL

oldgrunt

I'll Be there.....Might not be with a hat on  ++).I'm not going to say why the Vacation is in that part of the country ^-^.So count me in for 4 of them Slots..

Any other Oklahoma's going let me know .I kinda grew up there "Deactur" ..lol
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

TheEditor

John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

POP

OG,
I'm signed up as well, but, to instruct.
Trying to enlist everyone from Texas to show up also.
See you there.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Gopher Boy

I've signed up the family per the wife's instructions and I've thrown my hat in the ring to instruct.

Might be a good time to start talking about taking over a local camp ground.

thoughts?

G.B.

EEL

There is a State park within 5 miles, Shabbona State Park.   I'll be talking to them about taking over an area of same.

EEL

EEL

OK folks.  Attached is the basic flier to start handing out at your shoots.  Please encourage your shooters to sign up early.  We need to pump up this shoot.  Midwest?  ++)  Does this flier say Midwest?  Heck, we'll take all commers, yes, even those from Cali   **)

Post these anywhere y'all see fit.  Gun shops, Sporting Goods Stores, Gun shows, etc.  

Thanks for helping Illinois and the Appleseed Project out with this historic event.

EEL

Edit 3/23 1930 hrs:
Change wording "men, women, wives, husbands, etc"  Clarifies who is free.

EEL

SavageShootr

FYI there are six shooters signed up for this event at this time. All for both days.

SS

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Garand69

Yes folks, SavageShootr is correct.... only six 10! :(

But let's think about something.....

We have over 30 fine folks who have signed on in Illinois as either Instructors or IIT's

We have over 60 fine folks who have taken the time to register as an Illinoisian on this board

We have over 600 fine folks who have attended an Appleseed in IL

These are just Illinois Numbers! I'm not counting our neighbors or even the fine folks further across the country interested in attending.

EEL loves his numbers, so lets throw some out.....

5 1/2 months/24 wks/171days to sell 294 spots on the line......  53 pre-regs per month, or, 1 3/4 pre-regs per day

That would mean the 30 members of our instructor pool would need to sign up 1 3/4 shooters per week to make this happen.

If all 60 or so Illinois Board members got to work selling this shoot, we would be talking less than 1 pre-reg per volunteer per month!

If all 600 or so Illinois Appleseed Attendees helped sell out the shoot.... they would only need to sign up a 1/2 a shooter in the first month and we would already be sold out!!!

All we need to do is to commit to signing up 5 shooters each, and this will be sold out so fast it will make Fred's head spin! 300 doesn't seem like that much when you put it that way.

So what do you say folks, are we going to try? or are we going to wait and see? This is a one time deal, only 300 event patches, only 300 special event t-shirts, and only one chance to see 300 shooters on the line being taught by the finest Appleseed Instructors, hand-picked by The Guy, from across this Great Nation!!

oh oh, hold on a second... What's that?.. 4 more?... Well that figures, now I'll have to redo the math!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

POP

Yes, CM, Texas does loves a "Really Big Shew."  The Waterman 9/11 will be the "Really Biggest Shew" I have instructed, and, I fully expect you "Noisians" to show us Texians how NOISY it can get.   ^-^
Another Rumor you may not have heard is that Scout will be there, and because you Noisians have only seen Rattlesnakes in pictures on Flags, he is bringing a pickup load of "them critters" for Shew and Tell.
I have EEl's flyers printed out and am encouraging Texas shooters and Louisiana shooters to make the trip. 
Great to know all you folks and I am looking forward to being part of this event.
POP
:--- :--- :--- :--- ^:)^

Quote from: Castle Mountain on March 19, 2010, 12:12:56 AM
I have received written word that a large border raiding party of TEXAS RANGERS will quite possibly
be heading North to Waterman to work, shoot and participate in this great event. You gotta know Texas
loves in the words of Ed Sullivan a really BIG SHEW! :))
So we need to welcome these
bothers in arms to join this great shindig and certainly to keep them posted. Pop promised
not to sneak any of Scouts large Texas rattlesnakes from his range in Devilla, into this event because I told him he
would most likely see one flying among other flags. 

We are gung ho for this event, yes sireee! ..:..

Need feedback on this flier G69 & Lt. Col. EEL O0

Say maybe we could invite Ted Nuggent to this event, He might provide some band entertainment to go along being the true Patriot he is?
Would certainly be a publicity event for Appleseed and I am sure he would love to do it.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

John Boch

We'll be sure to mention this at Guns Save Life meetings and we'll also pitch it in our pistol classes later this spring.

Regrettably, we're also going to be holding a handgun class that same weekend, or I'm sure we'd be up there ourselves.

I'll also print some up to put on the GSL gunshow table.

And then, of course, there's GunNews Magazine, circulation 10k/month.

You'll have your 300 shooters.

John

EEL

I spoke with the Board of ASC this past week.  Everything is a GO for 9-11-10.  We will be able to put 300 shooters ON 1 LINENo relays, no separate bays, no split courses of fire.

1 line of 300 Americans shooting Redcoats, squares, AQTs, tanks, etc.  Picture it now 300 shooters, X 13 rounds each, fired in 1 volley. Almost 4,000 rounds from 1 line in a matter of seconds ! ! !
Be a part of it.  Help make history.  Get signed up through eventbrite.  Don't wait till the last minute.  When it's full.......it's full   :'(

EEL

Pappy

Hello Group; This may be the time to cancel other plans and take the time, MAKE THE time to be part of this History making event We will need ALL hands on deck for this.  THE LARGEST SHOOT OF THE YEAR.. WHERE??? RIGHT HERE IN SUNNY ILLINOIS :cool2:. THERE IS STILL ROOM FOR you.. but you need to sign up now- RIGHT NOW!!!! So you will have a chance to do your part in the largest shoot in Illinois Appleseed History. and you were going to do what?
Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Old Glory!

Nice of yous guys to arrange this special 300 event so we can all come down to SUNNY IL   8) 

I'll be calling all my Illinois cousins out for this one.  Appleseed: an outstanding activity for a family reunion.   ..:..

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Castle Mountain

Good grief  ....!!!!!    4000 rounds from one line. Shoot, I am saving  up for a set of Peltors, to protect my ears. Of course I might be better
able then to hear that joyful sound in stereo eh? **)  Looking forward to the great historical day. Congratulation EEL & G69 for making this happen.

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: EEL on March 29, 2010, 07:08:32 PM
I spoke with the Board of ASC this past week.  Everything is a GO for 9-11-10.  We will be able to put 300 shooters ON 1 LINENo relays, no separate bays, no split courses of fire.

1 line of 300 Americans shooting Redcoats, squares, AQTs, tanks, etc.  Picture it now 300 shooters, X 13 rounds each, fired in 1 volley. Almost 4,000 rounds from 1 line in a matter of seconds ! ! !
Be a part of it.  Help make history.  Get signed up through eventbrite.  Don't wait till the last minute.  When it's full.......it's full   :'(

EEL
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

AFTERMATH

I'm not sure which would be better...
Instructing or shooting?
:--- :--- :---
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

EEL

Aftermath,
Reckon you can do both.......if you bring a couple two-three friends along  >:D

If you find your way this far south, you can bet your life you'll shoot.  I guarantee it.

EEL

AFTERMATH

Quote from: EEL on March 31, 2010, 12:55:15 AM
Aftermath,
Reckon you can do both.......if you bring a couple two-three friends along  >:D

If you find your way this far south, you can bet your life you'll shoot.  I guarantee it.

EEL
I reckon by that time it'd be hard to find a couple two-tree friends; who won't already be Appleseedin' somewheres. :-[

I see how many hitch-hikers I can fit in the trunk. ;)

Alex

dragonfly

I see how you all work now, schedule it during our Sept. 11 and 12 Suamico WI Patriot weekend shoot.  !@#)I now know how The Guy feels now.  :'( I oughta &) Than gotta find time to drive out to Montana @&)

I'm now torn between North and South. :wb: :-\

D-fly  @) Keeping the faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.