News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

arfcom + WV opportunity

Started by Old Dog, March 15, 2010, 05:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dog

Guys, there's a thread on arfcom about WV Appleseeds and several people are showing an interest.  There's some positive responses from some people I'm sure are here, too, but there are more people here I've seen at arfcom in the past that could be adding to the advice and recommendations to come to WV Appleseeds.

Here's a link to the thread  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=397518&page=1&#4199990

Thanks for the help.  One guy is suggesting how neat it would be to get several "arfcommers" there to a Stinson AS.  Another noted that he practically lives next door to Stinson but had never heard of Appleseed till just recently (funny how much time you spend getting the word out and yet some folks don't hear it - now don't even take that statement as criticism because it's not meant that way.  Its just like that everywhere.  At work I watch folks looking for procedures on the computer during a safety or quality audit and they will page right down past the procedure they are looking for and never see it unless you stop them and ask, "wasn't that it right there?").  It just says that there's always folks out there who haven't been exposed yet, we just have to find out how to reach them.

have fun.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

The Machine

Thanks OD! I know arfcom is one of your regular "lairs", and you managed to sniff out 2 of our MIA WV volunteers...one being an IIT no less. These guys can duck-and-dodge, but they can't escape the AS "eye".  >:D

That guy who lives next door near Wallback must never read SGN; 'Two Lane Living' (a free regional lifestyle paper); the 'Hur Herald' (a local internet newspaper with a huge audience); or frequent any of the local stores which have flyers. This just confirms what I have suspected all along; "word of mouth" is THE best advertising...even in cyberspace. I'll invite these guys to tomorrow night's virtual muster.  ;)
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

vanrichten

Yeah, I have been inactive for darn near a year.  Stupid work  :wb:

I am however signed up for this weekend and hope to be more active.  I am trying to talk a friend of mine into coming this weekend as well.  He is worried about "only having a 22 with no scope and no sling" and I told him to bring whatever he has.  Most people will have "only" a 22 and iron sights are what is taught anyway!  Hopefully he can borrow a sling if not out right buy one.
An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West

The Machine

Welcome back to the "fold" brother! I knew we'd flush you out sooner or later.  O0

I see you haven't lost the "touch"...good advice to that buddy of yours. I like your post on the other thread about joining our clean up crew. I visited the PCGC range last year; it's real sweet. We are trying to slip some 'seeds into there schedule this year. BGC has a 500 yd. range that we plan on taking advantage of.  ;)

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

Old Dog

Missing Appleseeders?  Not missing, just not where you were looking. >:D

Now I can't come back to Stinson without getting ambushed. ;D

The mind is a funny thing.  They are probably seeing the flyers, the notices, etc. but their mind isn't in the right mode to "receive" and understand.  I see it at work all the time.  People on a mission walk right by something I notice because I'm just walking through with a less focused mind.

Sometimes, when you're focused on a distant goal, you fail to see something obvious as you pass by.  This happens to most of us.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

B9

NY has been able to sell out the Calverton shoot location with just members of one internet forum. www.longislandfirearms.com
Members active both there and here have made that location the place to be. LIF is even hosting Sat lunch for all.
Maybe you can do the same with arfcom.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

The Machine

QuoteThe mind is a funny thing.
I'm glad you made that observation too! Age seems to be a contributing factor as well. ;D 

QuoteNY has been able to sell out the Calverton shoot location with just members of one internet forum. www.longislandfirearms.com
Members active both there and here have made that location the place to be. LIF is even hosting Sat lunch for all.
Maybe you can do the same with arfcom.
Very good suggestion!  O0  I used to post regular WV updates on arfcom which didn't translate to bodies on the firing line, so I drifted to other venues. Maybe it's time to start working that forum again. We'll look for a volunteer for that particular position at tonight's Muster. ;)