News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 17,18 shoots (sign up)

Started by Appalacious, March 13, 2010, 11:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appalacious

I find it interesting that there are NO shoots in GA on that weekend.  I'm not really complaining, just surprised. 

In any event, there will be TONS of shoots that weekend elsewhere.  Friedenmeister has already signed up in AL.  I suggest we all look at which shoots are close by where we can help out.  I'll be in Manchester, TN and would welcome some help.  I'm the only red hat so far and there's just 1 IIT.  This is a covered firing line range on a military base (Arnold AFB).  There is camping on base *I think* but I'll probably be staying with the in-laws in murfreesboro.  TazDevil has been there, so he might have the scoop on camping.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Spanner

April 17-18 Maynardville, TN (Knoxville) needs help.

AAR Maynardville, TN Nov. 7-8
if you want to scope it out.

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

franklinfarmer

I'm signed up for Manheim, PA, and I'm happy to see that they now have a shootboss (and me).  Since they seemed to be having a good number of shooters sign up, I'm expecting it could get hectic there.
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Appalacious

Quote from: Spanner on March 14, 2010, 11:51:48 AM

April 17-18 Maynardville, TN (Knoxville) needs help.

AAR Maynardville, TN Nov. 7-8
if you want to scope it out.

Wow, ok don't everybody go sign up for Maynardville just because it looks like the purdiest place EVER to have an Appleseed.  Spread the wealth to other places, too.

Appalacious

Thank you to the Jolly Bros., FranklinFarmer, and Dr. John for signing up.  I STILL need some peeps up in TN if any of you ATL IITs are up for it.