News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tri-State Flyer (WV-PA-OH) Spring 2010

Started by Spanner, March 13, 2010, 05:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanner

Attached are WORD and PDF single-sheet fliers for the I-79 corridor.  See that big hole in the middle of the map, with no pins? 

Personally, I only have a B&W laser printer; even though there is color in the flier, I'll be printing Hi-res B&W on brightly colored paper.

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Butt Stock

Why are the Gibsonburg dates not on this flier?

Spanner

Quote from: Butt Stock on March 13, 2010, 05:58:05 PM
Why are the Gibsonburg dates not on this flier?

Sometimes, less is more.

In the case of Gibsonburg, a LOT more!   **)

The flier is region specific:  Eastern OH, Western PA, and Northern WV. 

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

EZ3

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

The Machine

QuoteSee that big hole in the middle of the map, with no pins? 
I was immediately drawn to that anomaly.  &)  Any ideas on how we can patch that ugly "hole"?

Nice job, BTW!  O0

These would look good in the info racks at rest stops along the I-79 corridor, in addition to "Welcome Centers", "Chambers of Commerce", tourist info kiosks...
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

Edheler

Quote from: The Machine on March 15, 2010, 02:39:46 AM
I was immediately drawn to that anomaly.  &)  Any ideas on how we can patch that ugly "hole"?

There are a few of us trying to fill the hole in SW PA. My club has now twice rejected holding an Appleseed, for whatever reason they think that the RWVA is a radical organization. At this point I am not sure how to correct their opinion other than getting more exposure in the area so they hear from more members. I plan on printing up some of the flyers and leaving them at area gun shops to at least get the word out beyond my personal advocacy.

The Machine

QuoteMy club has now twice rejected holding an Appleseed, for whatever reason they think that the RWVA is a radical organization.
No surprise there Edheler; we ARE "radical"! We go against the grain of what the typical doofus americanus cherishes and lives for--laziness; apathy; ignorance. That couch and TV is tough competition for us!  ;D

So yes, we are a "radical organization" in the sense that we are taking back this nation by attacking the root of our problem. Stay the course and keep trying my friend. Success might be slow but it will come. There's always the DAR option, which happens to be one of my favorites.  O0

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

EZ3

Quote from: Edheler on March 16, 2010, 07:50:15 PM
Quote from: The Machine on March 15, 2010, 02:39:46 AM

There are a few of us trying to fill the hole in SW PA. My club has now twice rejected holding an Appleseed, for whatever reason they think that the RWVA is a radical organization. At this point I am not sure how to correct their opinion other than getting more exposure in the area so they hear from more members. I plan on printing up some of the flyers and leaving them at area gun shops to at least get the word out beyond my personal advocacy.

Maybe invite one or two key people to a local Appleseed.  If they go back to your club with a favorable report, it may swing some votes.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

The Machine

We are also compiling some Letters of Recommendation from clubs that have been hosting Appleseeds for awhile and these should be available soon. I would suggest getting a hold of the PA State Coordinator and running this by him/her. He/she will have access to resources that can be passed along to you for use at that club.

I would also show your club members the accolades we received from the Battalion Commander at the Ft. Stewart program that we ran...by request! Show them that AAR! ( http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10060.0 ) The Army would hardly call on a "radical fringe group" to come in and train the troops before deployment.  ;)

Oh, don't forget to tell them about the Army's latest request; bring Appleseed to White Sands Missile Range: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12337.0

Keep this in mind...most people will think of many more reasons (excuses) to NOT involve themselves with AS. Once they attend an event, then most people do a complete 180. EZ3 makes a good suggestion.  8)