News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ARCHIVE LINK Now Available - Appleseed on "Shootin' from the Hip" Radio

Started by MeanStreaker, March 12, 2010, 03:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Edit to Add: The archive link for you to listen is found here:  

http://www.sim-trainer.com/radio/SFTH100313-128.mp3

BTW, I come in at 15:53 minutes into the show.
----------------------------------------------------------

I just learned I will be a guest on the Shootin' From the Hip radio program airing Saturday, March 13 from 2:00-3:00 PM EST.  Not sure exactly when I'll be on the air, but I'll be in the studio talking about Appleseed and our goals.

If you're in the Dayton listening area, tune in to WHIO, 95.7 FM or 1290 AM.  

Otherwise, you can listen to the live internet stream by going here:

http://newstalkradiowhio.com/

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

posterboy

Make sure you tell people to come to Gibsonburg ! lol you know I would.. .....Just kidding.....

Great news !

congrats

B9

Couldn't be a better smooth talking SOB for the task.  ;)
I will be sure to tune in via the internet.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

MeanStreaker

Quote from: B9 on March 12, 2010, 06:20:37 PM
smooth talking SOB for the task.  ;)

Hehe, I've been wondering what to put on my Appleseed business cards. :)
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

slim

I just got mine from Vistaprint.

Bradley "Slim" Settle
"I put the project in Project Appleseed."

Edited - I'll be at the Bill Goodman's show on Saturday followed by dinner at a local chicken wings and beer joint that a certain guy named Billy really likes. Wanna join us after your radio show? Also, since I'll be in there, I won't be able to listen to a live stream, is there a way we can set up a link here for a podcast or whatever it's called?

MeanStreaker

You can become a fan of the radio show on their Facebook page

After the show, feel free to drop them a note or an email that you appreciated hearing about Appleseed!
--Thomas Paine

B9

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

posterboy

MeanStreaker

The archive link is available if you want to listen to my interview from last Saturday here:

BTW, I come in about 20 minutes into the show.
--Thomas Paine

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

MeanStreaker

--Thomas Paine

Old Glory!

Wow!  ^:)^  

Fantastic overview with a lot of meat!  Simple and precise.  

May I suggest that you add that link to your signature line so we can always find it easily. ;)
MS starts at 15:53

Ohio takes the lead! ..:..
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

slim

Quote from: Old Glory! on March 20, 2010, 01:06:46 AMOhio takes the lead! ..:..

Now I really like that. Not in a sense of we're now ahead of everyone else, but in an "Isaac Davis took the lead" kind of way. And I've heard MeanStreaker say it more than once, "my wife is 29."

HUZZAH!

Old Glory!

Radio interviews, newsletters, promotions boss, sold out shoots.  An Isaac Davis-wise lead. 8)

Interviews with firearm friendly media has the potential to advance Appleseed, which is a prudent lead to follow.   O0 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion