News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio Debuts Online Newsletter - "On the Trail"

Started by Hoover, March 09, 2010, 11:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoover

The Ohio team has just released the first issue of a monthly, electronic newsletter--titled "On the Trail".  It's devoted to all of the great Appleseed happenings going on in Ohio with some coverage of regional and national events.  We know that many people have crossed our trail and that many more will do so just this year. We want a way to keep new events and informative articles in front of them so that they understand where we've been and where we are headed.  The target audience, then, is much broader than those of you that may frequent here regularly and we hope to reach out to folks that may otherwise not be as informed.

We plan to offer recurring sections that include:

• The Path Ahead - usually a feature story or article that serves as a beacon for our efforts
  • At Home on a Range - giving you enough details about a host range to make your first visit feel like home
  • Trailside Report - summarizing after action reports and other exciting appleseed events
  • Know the Hat - offering a glimpse into the personal side of a different instructor each month
  • National Newsfront - regional and national happenings

We encourage anyone that has interest to sign-up to the newsletter by visiting our subscription page at http://news.appleseedohio.org.  Some of you may already find one landing in your inbox.  If you find that it no longer holds your interest, you can always opt out.  But, better yet--please let us know what information you'd like to see that will best meet your needs.  And, all of you non-Ohioans are more than welcome to sign-up too.

Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone that contributed in some way to getting things rolling.  MeanStreaker did a lot of the heavy lifting and was a major contributor to the articles in this first issue.  Hopefully, his work will serve as incentive for more ideas to come in from the rest of you.  Posterboy helped with layout and design ideas as well.  And, I'd be remiss in not mentioning the Texas team--who generated their own newsletter just a bit sooner and thereby helped provide the extra motivation for our getting one out the door.  No doubt that there are others that also helped in other ways.  And, for everyone else--we're looking forward to your suggestions and continued interest.

Hoover

For those of you that like to "kick the tires" before making large commitments, you can always take a look at the newsletter archives before signing up.  Naturally, with only one edition out, the archives are a tad terse for now.  We're convinced that you'll want the convenience of having it show up automatically in your inbox; but, read it via whatever means works best for you.

When you do decide to sign-up, please be sure to follow all of the instructions that are automatically emailed to you.  In order to prevent accidental "SPAMing", we require that you validate your email address by following a link that is emailed to you.  If you don't do this, then you won't receive the newsletter.

Scout

ABsolutely Fantastic!!! You guys are doing it. Make sure I have the newsletter sign up URL so I can put it out on all the radio shows. If you guys do not have twitter, make sure you set up an account for Ohio. RWVAOhio or something and then follow Appleseedradio so I can forward all your releases and direct Ohioans to the account and newsletter.

Great job guys, don't stop keep pushing!
Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

MeanStreaker

Quote from: Scout on March 10, 2010, 12:19:36 PM
Make sure I have the newsletter sign up URL so I can put it out on all the radio shows.

That's great Scout.  Thanks!  The newsletter sign up is here:  http://news.appleseedohio.org  and I'll be sure to remind you just before or during the Radio show.  

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

RedNekEngr

"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

GoldFish

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

desertrat144

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

cluck

We signed up for the newsletter. Sounds like a great way to keep us informed of all you are doing.
Citizen by birth; Patriot by choice!

MeanStreaker

--Thomas Paine

MeanStreaker

The Second Edition of "On the Trail" is about to be sent out.  Sign up now so you can instantly receive the first edition and be ready to go for the second.

All past editions are archived and available for viewing HERE.
--Thomas Paine

Butt Stock

Very good job  8)
We are doing very well this year so far lets keep it up and show American people what they are about.

Evenstar

Am I allowed to post here to say that this is very cool? I wonder if we could do something similar here in Idaho...  ::)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Hoover

The third edition (June) was sent out late last night.  For the observant, I apologize for skipping over the month of May.  I'm going to try to get back on schedule and maintain a monthly release.

If you're not already signed up (you can always opt out; so, there's really no excuse to procrastinate), then get subscribed here.  All past editions are archived and available for viewing HERE.

I want to especially thank those that have contributed to this and prior editions.  It makes for more interesting content when we have different authors.  So, this btt is also an appeal to others that may be willing to contribute with either feature or small articles.

I am also asking for suggestions and ideas on either general themes and/or specific articles.  One idea already suggested was to include short history stories.  I hope to incorporate that in the next (July) issue.  Feel free to either make your suggestions here or PM me directly.  Don't censor your ideas over concerns that I might ask you to write the article (well, I still might--but, you can also say no)--just get them to me.  And, just because we've already covered an area, theme or host range doesn't mean that we won't revisit the same again in the future.

Enjoy!

Hoover

slim

Got mine and saw a couple of Ohio's "ROCK STARS!" from the DOF. Great job, guys!

For those of you who have friends and family on the web and are doing the "blindman describing the rainbow" when it comes to Appleseed, this is a great way to bring it to life for them. Forward it on. (Or sign them up! They won't mind!)

KAH

Just read the latest version of "On The Trail".  Great feature stories on many of our friends from Athens, and it truly paints an accurate picture of the family values that have been cultivated around the the important themes of the Apple Seed events there.  I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to participate in several events at the AF&G and have gained from each one of the experiences.

kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD