News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Facebook

Started by Appalacious, March 08, 2010, 10:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appalacious

Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Dinky Dao

Ok, Appalacious, I'll add you in.

...and thanks, as it's just hard for me to locate appleseeders, as I can't always remember folks' real names!

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

MamaBear

Quote from: Dinky Dao on March 08, 2010, 11:57:04 PM
Ok, Appalacious, I'll add you in.

...and thanks, as it's just hard for me to locate appleseeders, as I can't always remember folks' real names!

Dinky

Yep, me too- come to think of it, Dinky, I don't know YOUR real name! LOL!  ;D
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

ErikAnderson

I do :)   Appalacious, added.  O0

Dinky Dao

Quote from: MamaBear on March 09, 2010, 12:21:18 AM

(laughing@mambear)

It's Dinky...

Dinky Dao.

It says so right on my Facebook page.

You didn't know that?   **) **) **)
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Dinky Dao on March 09, 2010, 12:44:33 AM
Quote from: MamaBear on March 09, 2010, 12:21:18 AM

(laughing@mambear)

It's Dinky...

Dinky Dao.

You didn't know that?   **) **) **)

You never heard?  Fred had her change her legally change her name.
Yep, once you've done as many Appleseeds as Dinky; you'd might as well change your name officially.
Otherwise, you start signing your checks and official documents with your forum name....

Aftermath Alexander R. Thompson
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Butt Stock

I think I know what your name is.......... Dinky :) hahaha
I think I know what slim's is too.............. slim :) hahaha

Appalacious

Thanks guys  ;D,  now if I can just get some GA folks....

sanderman79

I'm already your friend. Dave is one of my friends also.

Deadeye

I haz a internet. I friend you on FaceTube. :))

Dinky Dao

GoldFish

QuoteIt's Dinky...

Dinky Dao.

You didn't know that?  

I love it!  I've known Dinky for about a year now and have NEVER called by anything but her "real name," Dinky!  It's just the natural thing to call her.  

---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Col Barrett

Sorry Appalacious, I don't do Facebook. Maybe I should start, it is another form of Networking for Appleseed!

Appalacious

Yeah, i took forever to get on facebook.  But I've found it pretty useful for networking, etc.  Not just for appleseed, but for political stuff too.
J

caseyblane

I like to think Paul Revere would have been on Facebook, considering his breadth of networking. Here is a link to the April 17/18 event in Saint Augustine I have been promoting on and off with a facebook ad. So far for $50 I have gotten 122 clicks on the ad with 15 people who say they are coming:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=430199475175&ref=ts
Casey
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

jollymeister

Casey I think your efforts are wonderful ^:)^ keep ridin high in the saddle. :---

Appalacious

Quote from: caseyblane on March 10, 2010, 11:15:56 PM
I like to think Paul Revere would have been on Facebook, considering his breadth of networking. Here is a link to the April 17/18 event in Saint Augustine I have been promoting on and off with a facebook ad. So far for $50 I have gotten 122 clicks on the ad with 15 people who say they are coming:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=430199475175&ref=ts
Casey

do you pay per click?  or just one fee?

also, send link to info page for if i want to buy one, too.

Thanks man.  btw, got the patch yet?

caseyblane

No patch yet. April 17/18 will be my second event. When you create a facebook event you can select to promote the event with an ad at any time. You bid on what you want to pay per click and set the max you want to spend daily. I bid .70 per click and set the daily limit at $2.10. You can pause the ad at any time. You select keywords and cities you want the ad to run in. I picked several cities in the area with a 50 mile radius and tried various keywords. It has got pretty good response, we'll see how many register and show up.
Good luck,
Casey

Appalacious

I think thats a great idea.  I'll have to do that for my next shoot.  So it goes out to everybody, right?  not just your friends?

caseyblane

Yep, everyone within the geographical range and with the keywords you select in their profile. As you add/remove the keywords you can see the possible reached number fluctuating. I cycled through different keywords like: conservative, libertarian, republican liberty caucus, NRA, liberty, tea party. The more key words the more possible people you'll reach. Let me know if you find any you have good success with.