News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pittsburg shoot March 6-7

Started by 4bfox, March 08, 2010, 11:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4bfox

Fantastic weather! 60 something, almost 70 on Saturday, overcast until late afternoon on Sunday, but very nice for March in Kansas!

Had a great crowd show up, I don't have solid figures, 25ish (hopefully ][he Irishman keeps better notes than I do), and 7 shooters earned Rifleman patches! Wow...what is that...25% or better? Outstanding! One lucky shooter shot a 210, there is a pic showing him after his ceremonial dowsing...

I think Lomshek has some better pics, especially of the 3rd, 4th and 5th Riflemen, which I missed. Hopefully he'll post those for us. Speaking of which...special THANKS to the Lomsheks for putting us up and even feeding us breakfast....doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks to Ben1775 and MisterAnderson for coming down to help us out.....a stellar performance. Looking forward to more great shoots this year!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

4bfox

OK, so I was off a little....27 shooters on Saturday, 28 on Sunday.....still made 25% Riflemen. Not bad.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ErikAnderson

What a great group of shooters! Great Attitudes and excellent improvement over the weekend. There's at least another 7 that are knocking on the door of that coveted Rifleman patch!! BTW, I've never seen someone willingly submit themselves to the dousing as Nathan did.  Nathan struggled for a bit but his persistence paid off!  Congratulations to all our new Rifleman! O0

A huge thank you to Lomshek and his lovely bride (Rebecca, correct?)  They housed the staff AND cooked us breakfast to boot! You certainly do meet the nicest people at Appleseeds.  Thank you Lomshek's!

ben1775

This was an awesome group of shooters who know very much what they are about. I had a great time at this shoot and was happy to see everybody come out. Thank you all.

And I would definitely like to echo the thanks given to the Lomsheks. Wow, what great hospitality. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hope to see you all on the trail soon,
Ben

ksuguy

Looks good. Wish I could have been there.  I'll be out at Eureka in April though!

gpbbiker

I wanted to give all of you who ran the Pittsburg shoot a hearty THANK-YOU!
Nathan and I both had a great time and man! did we ever learn a lot. I am going to try and make the Eureka shoot in April. I hope to qualify on my .308.

It was a real joy to hang out with folks who not only shoot well, but who understand WHY they should learn to shoot well!

And we will need to talk about how I go about getting to wear one of those orange hats!!

Thanks Again!!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

The ][rishman

This was one of those weekends that inspire me and reminds me why I am involved with Appleseed.  Let me emphasize INSPIRED!

Thank you to Captain Johnson (adamselene)for making this happen. 

Thank you to the Lomsheks for working to put this together, and providing food and shelter for the instructors.

Thank you to Ben1775 and MisterAnderson for the instruction and camaraderie. 

Thank you to 4bfox for the company to and from Pittsburg.

To all the shooters on the line; your persistence compels me to be not just a better instructor, but a better person as a whole.
I am inspired, once again, to strive for excellence.

Quote from: gpbbiker on March 09, 2010, 05:46:39 PM
I wanted to give all of you who ran the Pittsburg shoot a hearty THANK-YOU!
Nathan and I both had a great time and man! did we ever learn a lot. I am going to try and make the Eureka shoot in April. I hope to qualify on my .308.

It was a real joy to hang out with folks who not only shoot well, but who understand WHY they should learn to shoot well!

And we will need to talk about how I go about getting to wear one of those orange hats!!

Thanks Again!!

John,  I hope to see you and Nathan both at the April shoot.  To don the Orange Hat, you need to attend one more Appleseed as a student.  Thank you for your interest in this.  Please send me a PM if you have any questions.  I will do all I can to get you to a Red Hat.

And that goes for anyone else.

Sincerely,

The ][rishman
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

henschman

I'm glad it went well, and that you were able to find plenty of instructors.

Aren't Roger and George great?  I'm sure glad Appleseed got invited back to the Bone Creek Gun Club, and that it was so well-received by the members.  Good to see instructors climbing up the ranks in that area, too... the Pittsburg crew will be running their own shoots in no time, I predict.  I would have liked to come, but I was needed closer to home for the OKC shoot.  I'll probably be at your shoot this fall, though.  Gotta get those cadets ready for competition!

There's something about those Pittsburg shooters... both shoots so far at that location produced abnormally high numbers of Riflemen!  8 were made at the shoot last November that I shoot bossed, which had similar numbers, and now another 7?  Must be something in the water.  Maybe some of that North Bridge water we sprinkled around at the last shoot washed into the water supply or something.  lol.   

So did you guys do any shooting on the 200 yard range?  That was a good time at the last shoot.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

The ][rishman

Someone left a magazine with my stuff on Sunday at Bone Creek.  If this is yours PM me and we can get it back to you.   
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

AdamSelene

Thank you to all the Instructors who came out and supported this Appleseed.  Due to a last minute illness in the family I had to run up to St. Louis and could not attend, but it sounds like things went great. Big kudos to Lomshek who stepped into the Breach with 24 hours notice and made it happen. Additionally AceOfSpades gets a hats off who is learning to teach riflecraft as well as learning to be a warrior leader in the United States Army.

I know that the cadets who attended enjoyed themselves.  My wife attended as well and despite almost refusing to deal with rifles at one point two years ago, has really come around to it, firing a personal best 159 on the AQT at this shoot!

Again, thank you to all the instructors, I will see some of you in Eureka in April!

-AdamSelene
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

4bfox

Adam....

That's surprising about your wife.....she handled that rifle like she had been doing it all her life! I was impressed....

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Ad Utrumque

Many thanks to all of the instructors!
The match has been struck. I hope to see many of you in the near future.
Ryan