News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed March 6 Review (Waterman, IL: Mar 6-7, 2010)

Started by runpaulone, March 07, 2010, 03:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEL

Mud?  You guys had mud?  We shoulda worked out a trade.  Some mud in exchange for a range full of dust from WSMR!   **)

Glad to see some Americans were able to persevere and work through the harsh elements.  Our forefathers couldn't pick the weather when the Regulars came rolling into Lexington & Concord.  Encouraging to see folks out there in spite of what Mother Nature trows at them.   O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Garand69

Working on the Target Line Friday

Pappy setting up shop Saturday morning for registrations

I don't know EEL, I don't see much mud in those pics, I think they may be exaggerating circumstances a bit  **)

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

libertylover

Wow,

My first Appleseed, and my first post.

Many thanks, to securepeace for encouraging me and my son to go, and to The Guy, who gave great instruction, inspiration, and let me use his rifle when the one I  was using turned out to not fit my body well.

The training was superb, I learned more about marksmanship in 1.5 days than my entire life.
My first redcoat target was wobbly in the scope, and the pattern was dispersed to match.
On the second day, I put 6 shots into the bottom row of 400 yard simulated targets at the 25 meter distance, surprising my self.

But I was not prepared for the weather, and my toes were numb by 4PM on Saturday, and by 11Am on Sunday.  The rain, mud and cold tested us.
After those 400 yard targets on Sunday morning, I was shivering so badly, performance went down hill quickly.

Great lessons !
Use the loop sling
Front elbow under the barrel
Squeeze slowly and smoothly at the respiratory pause
Use the natural point of aim

The ball and dummy practice with the individual attention as a great technique for short loop feedback, and correcting the mistakes.

Thanks to all.
We will have to do this again in warmer dryer conditions.

Garand69

Thanks for chiming in Libertylover O0

The weather certainly did not help your scores at Waterman, but think how much easier it will be in nicer weather!!
You have plenty of opportunity to attend Appleseed's in IL, not to mention the border raiding possibilities with our neighbors! Hope you and your family get a chance to attend several this year.

Don't forget to check out the Illinois Board while your here, lot of good things going on in 2010!

2 Rifleman Oldbolts & Richman Congrats to both!

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz