News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

First Time Shooting the "Red Coat" target

Started by Kenobi_fan, March 04, 2010, 05:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenobi_fan

Getting ready for the Bonfield event on April 17-18.  Just shot my first red coat this morning.  Thanks to the guys who were handing them out at the Bloomington Gun & Knife Show last weekend.  Hopefully I can hit all red by the end of the event.  Getting excited! :---

CortJestir

Very nice, padwan (I noticed the username...)

And nice rifle, I have a Stag myself - made right here in CT where I'm from.  :D

Have a great time in Bonfield.

CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Kenobi_fan

Thanks, love my stag.  May the Force be with you. 8)

Gumballhead

Not bad for your first time!  I'm waiting for my "first time" again with the AR i don't have yet...hopefully by April!

See you @ Bonfield  :---

Garand69

Excellent work Gun show Promo @ Bloomington!!

And of course excellent work on that Redcoat Kenobi O0

You will have a lot of fun down at the fine ISRA Facilities, look like a good instrcutor corp is forming up for there as well, you will not be disappointed O0

P.S. Seeing as how you are doing some homework prior to the shoot, I'll give you a little tip for that Redcoat Target, but you have to promise not to tell another soul.... Promise?..... OK, start with the "Headshot" and work your way up backwards. Now remember the deal, and whatever you do don't tell Fred &)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Sprocket

Nice work - that will calm down into tight little groups quickly

100 yd - respiratory pause

200 yd - resp pause & trigger control

300 yd - better

400 yd - NPOA

headshot - NPOA

Kenobi_fan

Thanks for the info guys.  I'll shoot another one in the next few days and post again.

GoldFish

QuoteI'm waiting for my "first time" again with the AR i don't have yet...hopefully by April!
That's how I feel.  Can't wait to shoot with the AR I don't have yet either.  ^-^

Kenobi, you must be strong in the Force to shoot a redcoat like that on your first try!  How are you with a lightsaber instead of a blaster?  ;D :~

---GF

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Gumballhead

Quote from: GoldFish on March 05, 2010, 12:20:27 PM
QuoteI'm waiting for my "first time" again with the AR i don't have yet...hopefully by April!
That's how I feel.  Can't wait to shoot with the AR I don't have yet either.  ^-^

Kenobi, you must be strong in the Force to shoot a redcoat like that on your first try!  How are you with a lightsaber instead of a blaster?  ;D :~

---GF

Yeah - it's brutal...ordered my upper/weaps kit about 3 weeks ago.  Checking weekend, maybe shipping next week.  in the mean time, collecting "the rest"  ammo, reloading supplies, etc.  sure builds the excitement!

GoldFish

Brutal is the PERFECT word.  I have the ammo, mags, etc. but no AR.  UUUUHHGGGG!  >:( 
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Kenobi_fan

I know how you guys are feeling.  I waited for mine well over 2 years.

Boba Fett

Well Done. I see the force is with you.  :cool2:
See you at Bonfield in April.

BF

Castle Mountain

Kenobi_fan,

We are all delighted for you and that you took time to stop by our Bloomington Gun Show
Appleseed booth. You have made us all proud of you for what you have attempted.
The program works and I expect you will be prouder yet once you have earned your RIFLEMAN'S badge,
having successfully shot expert on the US Army Qualification test. I have a strong feeling
you are going to do well, learn a great deal and come away even prouder of who you are
as an American with a sense of commitment to your forefathers as one of their posterity.

Congratulations on the effort and thanks from all of us for sharing your enthusiasm.
You have made us all feel happy for our efforts that weekend.  ..:..

You are going to enjoy Bonfield big time!  Nice range, nice facilities and great camping. O0 O0 O0

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Kenobi_fan

Thanks guys.  Tightened up my groups a little bit, still sucked on the headshot and the 400.