News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

March 19-21 Indy 1500

Started by hawkhavn, March 03, 2010, 11:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Folks,

We already have the table reserved and now the folks that will man it need to step forward.  Please reply here with times/days you are available.  I will be doing set up early Friday afternoon.  We can get you into the 1500 for free.
Come out, practice that 7th step you have been polishing all winter. (You have been practicing right?)

BTW, the Flower and Patio show is also going on so the 'other half' can stay busy at the fairgrounds as well.

Hours 2-8 Friday, 8-6 Saturday and 9-4 Sunday

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

yellowhousejake

I can be there Saturday, all day.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

hawkhavn

Ok, we have Bill of Rights on Friday afternoon and Yellowhousejake on Saturday.  Who else wants to step up, get  a free pass to teh state's largest gun show and practice your 7th step?  Especially Saturday and Sunday, those are long days if only one Appleseeder is there and Jake and I probably won't be able to talk on Monday.  :)

Come on, it doesn't hurt, you'll be dry and warm, we will have new flyers this time out thanks to Techres.

Hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Deuce

I volunteered last night at muster...didn't hear from anyone today though???

I'm available on Sunday for whenever you need me.

You must call me at 812-821-0022 so I know where/what to do.... Otherwise I will be 80 miles away on sunday....you have to call me!

thanks,

joe

hawkhavn

PM'd and details worked out!
Sunday is now covered.

Now, we still have a slot open for Saturday to work with Yellowhousejake...

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

hawkhavn

Mudcat, Bill of Rights and I had a productive day at the Indy 1500 gun show.  Crowd was steady all day, new flyer designs went over well.  Met a lot of folks who had heard of AS and quite a few past attendees.

Yellowhousejake will have his hands full tomorrow, if someone can join him it would be a big help.

Looking forward to Sunday with Deuce.

Hawkhavn

p.s.  Also hit Bradis' on the way in and left a stack of SWAT reprints and 2010 regional schedules.

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

yellowhousejake

Quote from: hawkhavn on March 20, 2010, 12:52:32 AM
p.s.  Also hit Bradis' on the way in and left a stack of SWAT reprints and 2010 regional schedules.

I didn't make it to "Bradis for Lunch" last week when I worked in Indy, so I had not put anything up yet.

Thank you!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

A good day. I left a tally for Hawk.

I "spoke" with at least 30 different folks/groups at length. Sometimes there was one person, sometimes there were four or five.  I also wrote down the towns they were visiting from (or close enough).

I had at least three people from INGO came looking for us and were happy to find us. They all had many questions I answered as best I could.

I advised against buying the worn rusty GI slings I was told cost $24, and sent them to the Appleseed store instead.

Several people seemed interested but would not walk up to the table. I told them I was supposed to charge for the pamphlets, but if they didn't tell I would give them out free. A quick smile, and they started asking questions.

I spoke with four people who wanted to bring their kids. I gave the standard age limit of "able to safely handle their rifle" and told them that the final decision would be up to the event Shoot Boss if they could participate or would be given sand bags and allowed to work on their safe gun handling and six steps in prone all weekend. They seemed satisfied with my answer.

The seller behind us was a historian, who once we got to talking, knew a great deal about the history of military marksmanship. After a long conversation he took my email and said he would be glad to send me some verified stories of marksmanship "winning the day". If you read last months American Rifleman story about the Guns of the battle of the bulge you know what I mean. I did not get his email address. Hawk if you think about it, please ask him for his email.

YHJ

YHJ

hawkhavn

YHJ,

Thank you!  This is seventh stepping at it's finest, tomorrow we'll hit it again and see how many folks we can get off of the couch!

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

techres

Keep it up guys, keep it up!

My hats off for all your hard work.

O0
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

slim

I fondly remember sitting (more like standing and talking all day long!) at the 1500 back in '08. That was one of my first "working" engagements in Appleseed. What a great show and what a great way to interact with some fine Americans!

I only just now stumbled onto this thread otherwise I would've been up there with you guys again. When my wife wakes up, I'll see if she'd like to make the trip up to Indy for the "flower and patio show."  ;)

See you guys soon!

hawkhavn

Well, we have wrapped up another 1500.  My personal thanks to YHJ, Mudcat, BoR and Deuce for their help this weekend.  YHJ went solo yesterday and I understand from talking to him and other exhibitors today that it was wall to wall people yesterday and very warm in the building.

Great job all, I think we may have picked up a new range in far east central Indiana which will be a big help.
Also made loads of great contacts today.

Handed out about 300 regional flyers, a bunch of the ladies only shoot flyers (big hit!) and talked with a lot of folks from Illinois and Ohio over the weekend.
It's great to be able to say to folks when they mention they are in form out of town, of we have x number of shoots in your state and here are the towns...

Let's see if we get the expected pre-reg spike now!

Ed
aka Hawkhavn

p.s.  Slim we sure would have loved to have seen you there.  Did hear from another west coast instructor who was in town but couldn't quite make a get together work.  :(

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein