News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

~BLOOMINGTON ILLINOIS GUN SHOW 2010 & TAN SHOOTING JACKETS ~

Started by Castle Mountain, March 03, 2010, 11:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

Heart felt thanks to one and all for your most valuable and personal contribution to this past weeks Bloomington Gun Show.
Indeed it was a success.  FYI enclosed here is a large pic file of the weekend event. Sorry to say our good buddy OUT OF AMMO
pictures may have been ruined possibly by anti gun folks at a local film processor. Thanks to Emmy for this one pic we have which
give an overview of our table. A window behind the new banner provided a unique lighting effect. I wish we had pics of everyone.

The director of the show came over to me Sunday and asked how it went. I thanked him profusely for extending this opportunity
to us and explained the significance of how our efforts help drive the gun industry sales for firearms, ammunition, accessories
and how such shows help to provide necessary instruction to rifle owners and what a marvelous business cycle Appleseed helps
generate in promoting shooting sports. He agreed. I told him we look forward to seeing him at Belville, Il in May. I am also told FYI that
there will be a civil war reenactment event there also and a bigger show . FYI this Bloomington show , some purported had an
attendance range of approx 3000-3500 spread out over the two days. The whole parking facility around the SALE BARN was
congested with cars backed up and parked as far away as four blocks, including parking on the lawns of nearby service stations.
There were some deals to be had. I know Out of Ammo hit a home run with a new steel receiver for his Ruger. I picked up
a case of ammo for myself as i was out. Thanks to Pappy's advice, I got good stuff.

Got to hold a Brown Bess rifle , thanks to the table across from us. He provided many Hollywood movie producers needed civil war
and revolutionary war fire arms.  He had a copy of the pistol from Mel Gibson's movie 'Patriot' a similar copy of what Pitcairn had.
It was for sale and had a modern steel barrel and was a functioning pistol with a brass grip useful as a lethal club. Sure  was tempted
to buy it ($150.00) it was gorgeous.  It would make a splendid conversation piece and ornament on the mantel of our fireplace! ::)
The Brown Bess shocked me being so light (maybe 4 Lbs weight). I realized that with an 18 inch bayonet
it was but a spear that could shoot a bullet or be even used as a javelin.  All this while I thought the Brown Bess was some heavy or cumberson
rifle. Not true. The barrel had wobbles and divits and was far from technology of today but nevertheless lethal. Quite fascinating and really
brought history home to me. I had Patriot Gal hold it also and she was equally surprised as I was. Great gentleman who has being doing
historical stuff most of his life. It was a real hight light for us in addition to meeting so many people. I campaigned may of the vendors
to come to our table and visit when they could and Sunday we reaped the opportunity to speak with many of them about Appleseed.
Patriot Gal and I have been invited to speak about Appleseed to the 'T' party events also. Met a candidate for the Illinois State Senate
(Reyolds) who was most enthused about what we are doing and what we represent and said he will be coming to a AS shoot.

It was the best gun show I have attended because of such a large cadre of you Appleseed shoot bosses, red hats and ITs. Large
numbers staffing this event made a huge difference and a definite statement of our presence. We were some tired puppies
when it was over. Certainly it equivocates to working a full Appleseed weekend shoot. No doubt about it. Thank you again one and all.
Templer it was nice to have you there but it would also be nice to get you out more :) I know you talked to several about the shoot
in Bloomington. You sure know a lot of people dude. O0
And to Jungle Jim... ( I mean George ;D) it was a pleasant surprise to have you drive up from the great state of MO. And to be
blessed with the presence of THE GUY. Cool man. Far out! O0  The Wurstmacher tribe were wonderful. I think having Cookie
and young Abagail there as AS members conveyed a strong family association perception for AS. Having not one but two great ladies
RIFLEWOMEN at our table was a huge credibility plus. Women who know very much what they are about. I think visitors found it
a real pleasure to commiserate with them. Certainly conveyed AS is for everyone and that is is not exclusively a mans domain as
many women engaged conversation. You gals were simply great!! As I knew it was going to be. Having youth a gun show table
is significant and validating for parents who are potential AS family shooters. Patriot Gal and I are convinced our central Illinois shoots
will be sold out. O0 O0 O0

zzzzzz   zzzzzzzz zzz   zz

THE TAN UMSC SHOOTING JACKETS ARE COMINGI got a telephone call from Florida from Less (the Special Opps guy) who called to assure me the jackets were shipped 11:00 Am Tuesday
by Priority. I will drive them up to Waterman just to get Boba Fett from attempting to collect   &)  an intergalactic bounty on my head before the Empire does. ^:)^

Mr. Less asked me to let them know how everyone likes them. 

Hoover and I are sharing ideas and I am supporting him with whatever he can use for graphics. It is a fabulous pleasure to work with a superb marketing
man once again . He knows his stuff. The banner and the blue banner really do compliment each other  as a set. No doubt about it.
Ohio will be using the banner also as a poster promotion which I think is a superb idea as Appleseed Branding becomes more predominant.
I will be bringing the banners for Waterman to set up also.

Cheers,

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Deacon

Great job on the gun show guys! :bow:
Deacon

Ashes

Wow, that video setup and the new poster look totally awesome! :)

Garand69

EXCELLENT Report Castle Mountain!!

I'm glad to hear such a turnout of Appleseeders at the GS,We keep this up and south of I-80 may actually be the place "to be"!!!

A fair amount of increased e-mail and phone activity, so yes, you are getting to folks! Keep it up. As for intergalactic bounties, tell them to go lay down before they get knocked down ;)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Quote from: Castle Mountain on March 03, 2010, 11:10:44 PM

I will drive them up to Waterman just to get Boba Fett from attempting to collect   &)  an intergalactic bounty on my head before the Empire does. ^:)^

I would never do such a thing CM.  ::)  I'd save the money and do it myself.  >:D

Seriously, you're efforts are much appreciated and it looks like you all did a stupendous job at the gun show.  :bow: Looking forward to seeing the fruits of you and your wife's labor at the upcoming shoots.  O0

BF