News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DFW Appleseeders- Gun Range Members

Started by doubleLL, March 03, 2010, 12:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubleLL

The purpose of this thread is to gather a list of Appleseeders who are members at DFW gun ranges.  Please reply to this thread with which DFW ranges you have membership.

A small group of us DFW Appleseeders are putting together a packet and will be talking to DFW ranges. Our goal is to have at least ONE shoot during 2010 and perhaps line up shoots for 2011. We would like to know what range you are a member of so we have an idea of local support.    O0

Thanks!
doubleLL
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

spitstickler

Garland Public Shooting Range
http://www.eaglepeakshootingrange.com/gpsr/gpsr.htm
2606 Pleasant Valley Rd, Garland, Texas
(972) 495-5330

It's like $10 or something for a lifetime membership. After that you just pay the $10 daily fee. No FMJ.
You can shoot from position at some of the stations, but not all. It's a small range and I have talked to them about hosting an event. Interested, but shutting down the range for an entire weekend is not an option for them.

Bass Pro
2501 Bass Pro Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051
(972) 724-2018

No membership - hourly range fees. 7 pistol bays and 1 rifle. You have to make an appt to shoot rifle. Must be scoped and shot from a sled. No FMJ. Rifles are shot down 100 yard concrete tube under the store. Not really shooting, but good for working up handloads. Not a viable Appleseed host, but good folks there. Let me put out brochures for Appleseed at the counter.

Quail Creek Shooting Range
www.quailcreekrange.com
I-35W at FM1171
Argyle, TX 76226
(940) 648-3356

No membership - Daily range fees. No FMJ. The 100 yard rifle range allows for seated benchrest style - NO off hand, prone, etc allowed. They say they have other ranges where these techniques can be practiced, but I've only been there once and didn't see where that was. I'll ask next time.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

doubleLL

The DFW instructor corps will be contacting the Haltom City Rifle and Pistol Club about hosting an Appleseed.  :~  :~

We would like to know if there are any Appleseeders who are members of the club and are willing to support Appleseed when we talk to the club this summer.  O0

Thanks!!

Please reply back to this thread.

Davilla 3-10

Texas Rifleman

Several people at ASC are members at Haltom. I'll keep my eyes open for one of them and pitch the idea to them.
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

jlacy_c_r

macjet

Has anyone looked at Tac Pro out in Mingus? I've never been there but will be 03 July. The allow FMJ and prone shooting and have ranges out to 1000 yards.
Davilla 3-10

dart67eb

You guys get a shoot together and I'll do my best to get Janine Turner and her daughter to come.  I'm working with her on http://www.constitutingamerica.org
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

doubleLL

Macjet- Yes we have looked into TACPRO but they charge a rental fee. The fee was too high for us at Appleseed. Starfox was a member and we go out there on occasion to practice.

Dart67eb- We have a range lined up at Big Rock Gun Club about 55 miles south east of Dallas in Van Zandt county.  The shoot will be sometime in August, watch the forum and schedule for announcements.  O0
Davilla 3-10

dart67eb

It wouldn't hurt to go to the Constituting America website and writing to her directly.  Both programs are apolitical and overlap well.  Also, you're fellow Texans and I heard that counts for something!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

M14NG

Arlington Sportsman Club (ASC) in Mansfield and Gibsons in Mesquite. Gibsons is the only range Iv found that allows prone shooting. It's $19 to join and shoot the first time, then $12 each time after that  O0
Criss