News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promo Opportunity - Ohio 2nd Amendment March

Started by MeanStreaker, February 26, 2010, 11:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

The Ohio Second Amendment March is on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at the Ohio Statehouse.  This will be a great opportunity to hand out Appleseed fliers and 7th Step while supporting a worthy movement.  This is the state-based precursor to the national Second Amendment March being held in DC on Monday, April 19.

More info: http://www.ohioccw.org/200907204575/ohio-second-amendment-march.html

I know I'll be there.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

cluck

We'll look for you there, as we're going as well.
Do you wear Appleseed something so we'll recognize you?
And what is 7th step??
Citizen by birth; Patriot by choice!

MeanStreaker

I'll most likely be in my green polo shirt with an Appleseed logo on the chest.  Unfortunately, that probably won't be very noticeable. Maybe I'll go more low-brow and just wear an Appleseed Tshirt.

I'll have an XD45 openly on my belt. Maybe that will help.   ;D

When you attend your AS event, you'll learn The Six Steps to Firing the Shot.  Throughout that weekend, you'll hear about "the seventh step" that true Riflemen take.  That step is (in a quick nutshell) to get active, get involved, and recruit others to our cause.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

GoldFish

I like the XD45 idea, MS.  That WOULD definitely get people's attention.  ;D 
I and at least some of my family will be there, wearing our plain, ol' Appleseed t-shirts.
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

MeanStreaker

You'll find the vast majority of the people there will be legally open carrying.  A right not exercised is a right lost!
--Thomas Paine

GoldFish

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

MeanStreaker

18 to legally open carry a rifle.

Just sayin.   @)
--Thomas Paine

RPD

MS,
  GF's not even 17 yet, and given my job, I probably won't be open carrying either, but we'll be there supporting the cause.

-RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

GoldFish

Quote18 to legally open carry a rifle.

Just sayin.

Hehehehe.  ;D  That's a great idea, something to hold me over until I can carry a pistol.  :~

RPD

Quote from: GoldFish on March 24, 2010, 04:45:43 PM
Quote18 to legally open carry a rifle.

Just sayin.

Hehehehe.  ;D  That's a great idea, something to hold me over until I can carry a pistol.  :~

Maybe Dinky will let you open carry Elvis, as you are in your picture!   ;)
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

para45acp

Wish I could meet all you fine folks at the 2A event in C-town...but I'll be down at Knob Creek working a table in the show area (part of the time) and having some  :--- ..:.. :~ ..:.. as well  ;D

Guess I'll just have to wait till the shoot in Athens the following weekend. Oh my, two weekends in a row of fun filled firearms fondling, is that legal  :D

I know a lot of people that will be in that March...make us proud, and be heard all the way to DC  ;)

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

slim

Carrying an Appleseed sign or banner would give you the "pen is mightier" carry status.  :cool2:

And RPD, wouldn't a nice picture on the front page of the newspaper in Athens featuring you open carrying send the right message  &) to those who come in contact with you professionally?  I totally understand where you're coming from though, so maybe you could "pen" the message with GF. And... not to steal MeanStreaker's thunder, but if you guys want to do some Appleseeding that weekend, we'll be down in Crittenden, KY, doing a whole lot more than carrying those rifles!

I wish I could make it up there for this event. I too would like to fly the AS flag and hold a banner or sign up high, pass out info - "stand and be recognized." 7th Step takes on many forms. I know of at least two guys who'll be in Columbus on Saturday and then joining us in KY on Sunday. Want me to pencil you guys in as well?

RPD

Slim,
  I think if you talk to those who do come in contact with me professionally, they'd all tell you that I send the "right" message.  Maybe too much "right," but at least they know I'm consistent.
  We'd love to do more Appleseeding, but feel that we need to support our RKBA in the home-state this weekend.
  We are looking forward to April 17-18 in Athens for our first FULL AS of the year.  The mini in Nelsonville was quite a treat.  Sounds a bit like you guys had in Lancaster.  The mud was something else.  Of course, DF had his amazing shelters.  I need to take measurements and put some of those together for when he is elsewhere.
  Enjoy KY.  I don't know if the Lindsey family is going to be there, but if so, tell Skip et al that Rob and his clan say, "Hi!"

Mike,
  Are there banners that we could carry, other than our t-shirts?  We have some of Josey Wales' tri-fold that we could pass out.  I'm giving literature out around here trying to recruit new ASers. 

Take care,
Rob
-Sir Edmund Burke

MeanStreaker

Hey Rob, absolutely as an answer for the banners.  PM incoming.
--Thomas Paine

Ratchett

Rob and MS,

I have one of each banner, the new one Castle Mountain just had made and the one V made a couple years ago, available for the 10th.

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

slim

Quote from: RPD on April 01, 2010, 02:16:11 PM
Slim,
  I think if you talk to those who do come in contact with me professionally, they'd all tell you that I send the "right" message.  Maybe too much "right," but at least they know I'm consistent.
Oh I have no doubt!

I'm glad our meetings have been AS-related and not professional - you guys  &) scare the crap outta me.  :sos: In all seriousness, it's very nice to have some consistency in your profession, especially when it's as right as right can be!

Quote from: RPD on April 01, 2010, 02:16:11 PMEnjoy KY.  I don't know if the Lindsey family is going to be there, but if so, tell Skip et al that Rob and his clan say, "Hi!"
Will do. I don't know if they're going to be there or not... but I do know a family's website that's about to get visited!

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting the Lindseys yet, take the Athens families and then add a few MORE kids. Check out their website - http://www.lindseyfamily.com 

Hope this is Okay to post???? If not I'm sorry and please delete.

I met these two great father and son from Athens,Ohio that are apple seed folks.

The rifleman patch stood out and I recognized it which proceeded into a conversation with  them about apple seed.

Nice guys and hope to meet you again hopefully at a Apple Seed in Athens. Thanks for your time.

Rodney (888)

Ratchett

Thanks for your post. I am glad to hear that you are coming out to an Appleseed and look forward to meeting you in Athens. Anything we can do to help out, please feel free contact any one of us and we will do our best to make it happen.

GF and RPD--Thanks for all you do, you sure do make that sign look great! O0

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

I don't know if others would like to come to this event to and express about Apple seed or not but here is another opportunity in Sharing just that. And would be very much welcomed. Hope to see others from here there.

Quote           Reply   
Third Annual Open Carry Walk in Urbana, Ohio!

What: Open Carry Walk.

When: Two days before Patriots' Day - Saturday, April 17th, 2010. Rally time is 10:00 AM.

Where: Urbana, Ohio. Rally point is the parking lot next to the fire station located at 107 E. Market St. This fire station is adjacent to the Municipal Court building (SE corner of S. Main and Market). Here are the coordinates (copy and paste into Google maps - rally point is at the green arrow):

40.106536,-83.751343

Why: To celebrate our liberties.

Duration: 1 to 2 hours.

Walk Route: TBD.

Additional Info: This is a walk to celebrate our liberties, particularly our right to keep and bear arms. Participants are welcome to carry concealed (license required) or openly in a holster (no license required). The organizers will have handouts for curious citizens. Please feel free to also bring your own handouts. In addition, we are in the process of informing the Urbana PD and Champaign County SO of our walk.

Contact Info: Tom (937-869-8095, thomashorch@mac.com) or Michael (937-663-0783, magcraft@windstream.net).

Rules During the Walk:

1.    You will obey all laws.

2.    Unless your life is threatened, you will not remove your handgun from your holster for any reason during the walk. This means no "playing with," "handling," or "showing off" your handgun during the walk. Keep it in the holster.

3. You can also open carry a long gun as long as it isn't loaded.

4. You will be peaceful and civil at all times.

5. You will obey all lawful commands from peace officers.

6. Whether you know it or not, your actions and words will reflect negatively or positively on all gun owners, so choose them wisely during the walk.

7. Treat curious citizens with courtesy and respect. Even those that have an opposing viewpoint. While it's certainly acceptable for you to stick up for your rights, we also ask that you do it in the most civil manner possible, regardless of how the "other side" may act. In other words, leave the macho attitude & loud rhetoric at home.

Afterwards?

We'll likely get lunch at a local establishment. After lunch, participants are welcome to come over to my place for some shooting. (I live approx. 20 minutes west of Urbana on 15 acres and have a small range.)

Dinky Dao

WOW Weeeee. Look at the DYNAMIC DUO in that pic. Boy, they sure do look familiar.... >:D

Nice photo op, you guys. Looking good!

888, it feels good to know that the Rifleman patch it a "noticeable" icon.  8) Gives me just that more reassurance that we are having an impact in our efforts to get our message out.  ..:..

Most of us will be on a firing line on April 17th, as it is our Nationwide "Shots Heard Round the Nation" April 18th Revolutionary War Commemorative Shoot is this weekend. So far we have around 100 shoots taking place, from California to Maine, with over 2200 attendees currently registered. Please do let us know, 888, how your annual picnic event goes, as I'd like to hear about it. :)

...and if you have a chance, take some Appleseed fliers with you. ;)

Dinky
RWVA National Staff
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

GoldFish

Thank you 888 for the kind remarks.  I can't wait to see you in at a shoot in Athens soon.  ;)
Thanks Nurse Ratchett for loaning out the sign for a good cause; I saw quite a few people notice/read it and take pix of it as well.  ^:)^

Glad I was able to help make a difference, even if it is in such a small way!  I'm really disappointed to not be going to the National one in DC ( :'(), so you guys are going to have to rep. AS well for us that can't participate!  &)

I've never seen so many people with firearms in my life at a non-shooting event.  From little mini revolvers to M1 Garands, what a lovely sight it was! 

---GF

RPD

Quote from: 888 on April 11, 2010, 10:55:17 AM

Hope this is Okay to post???? If not I'm sorry and please delete.

I met these two great father and son from Athens,Ohio that are apple seed folks.

The rifleman patch stood out and I recognized it which proceeded into a conversation with  them about apple seed.

Nice guys and hope to meet you again hopefully at a Apple Seed in Athens. Thanks for your time.

Rodney (888)

Thank you, Rodney, for the kind remarks.
I hope your West Jeff shoot goes well  :--- and that you make it to Athens soon!
It took me a while to figure out how to download pics from my phone, so here are some more pics from the 2d Rally.
Besides Goldfish and me, there were two others in AS shirts and several more (888 included), who were interested in AS.  One gentleman wants to have an AS in Union County.
It was great to see people open carrying long and short arms.
The speakers were good and one was surprising.  Our Ohio Atty General, Richard Cordray, assisted the organizers to be able to have weapons on Statehouse grounds and filed a brief (on behalf of the Gov?) in the Chicago case before the USSupreme Court as to whether the Constitution trumps local laws.  I was pleasantly surprised by Mr. Cordray's talk.
2 candidates for State Auditor (David Yost and Seth Morgan (?) ) also spoke and both are firearm friendly, as was a candidate for Secretary of State, John Husted.

Overall a great time.
Thank YOU, Nurse Ratchett for allowing David and me to publicize AS with that excellent banner.
I'll add more pics in another post.

-RPD

Picture 1 - GF has his Rifleman's patch predominantly displayed on his shooting vest.
Picture 2 - 888 graciously took a pic of GF and Dad.
Pic 3  - another ASer with other Great Americans.
-Sir Edmund Burke

MeanStreaker

Great pics!  Thanks for representing AS so well!

There were a lot of last minute behind the scenes actions that took place, even with threat of a lawsuit, when Columbus tried to shut this down a couple days before the event.  OFCC worked hard with AG Cordray and got everything squared away in the nick of time.  
--Thomas Paine

Ratchett

Great job to all involved to make the event happen! Also to all those who represented gun owners from Ohio at the event. United in one voice will continue to make it happen, stay the course.