News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Carlsbad, NM Feb 20-21 AAR

Started by Devnull, February 26, 2010, 02:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devnull

What a great group of shooters! While the numbers were low (8 on Saturday and 7 on Sunday) they sure did work hard.

We made two freshly minted riflemen. Congradulations to Juli (Strawberry Roan) and Tyler! This was Juli's third Appleseed and she also decided to 7th step and join the brotherhood of the orange hat! Woohoo! Tyler was a Sunday only shooter and we look forward to getting you to another appleseed and putting an orange hat on your head too there sir!

On the line we had SamD, NMMI9100, duc-dog and oladcock. Thank you all for taking time out of your busy schedules to come and let our fellow countrymen know what it means to be a true American.

I'll get some pictures up here tomorrow along with some more stats.

Were all looking forward to the next shoot down in Carlsbad. It truely was a pleasure to work with you all!

Chris/Devnull
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

It was a fun shoot,
Tyler was the one in a million who would win that $100 bet.
Shot his rifleman score with about 15 min instruction from OL.
No sling, just flop down and shoot!

Sam

oladcock

My pleasure Devnull. You did a great job and would share a campfire with you anywhere any time.

SamD, If we could get Tyler to shoot a real gun, just imagine how good he could be! :) I understand he's a top ranked scatter gun shooter as well....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Jimi

Kris, you did a fantastic job,  O0, what else would I expect from the finest instructors in the field of true Marksmanship. I could not be more proud of Juli for making the grade, I got close, but no cigar this time. But, watch out the next round in ROW. I plan to take no prisoners  ^:)^ You folks are the greatest, and I plan on some day perfecting old skills to the point that I may bow  :bow: to you all as a junior member of the elite group of Appleseed shooters who can proudly call themselves "Instructors.
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

Jimi

OK, sorry, Chris, please dont beat me to hard for the slip.  ~~:)
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

Strawberry Roan

Great shoot Chris!  I know it's a lot of responsibility to oversee a shoot like this, so good on ya for a great job!  I find it amazing how many positive emotions there are to experience.  The best part is that I felt them all when I achieved my Rifleman patch!  I'm looking forward to paying forward the outstanding instruction, encouragement and American spirit I received at each of the Appleseeds I attended.  I'm starting out with lots of spirit, just gotta work on the instruction part :D