News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladies only shoot in TN

Started by Big Papa, February 23, 2010, 11:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa

Something just for the ladies!
Lobelville, TN  -  March 20 & 21, 2010
There is a range limit of 25.
As of 2/23/2010, there were only 16 slots open.
Come on ladies. Lets fill it up!
Let the guys be responsible for the kids for a weekend.
Guys, you would do this for your lady wouldn't you?  O0
Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

desertrat144

BP

Great idea- Ladies only!!  Maybe this will be repeated in other states.

Good luck with this!

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

SavageShootr

Only 14 spots available as of later evening Feb. 23, 2010
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Big Papa

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

BlueFeather

I mean no disrespect, but I am wondering if you defeat some of the purpose by having male instructors.  Just a thought.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

Trisha

I think it is great to have another women's AS, especially with 21 women already signed up! When you set it up and promoted it, do the women know that there will be male instructors there?

Big Papa

The host requested that we have male instructors as well as female instructors. Currently there are three of each. To my knowledge, there is only one active female redhat in TN.

Trisha

Alright sounds good. I just wanted to ask about it because I know there are some women who sign up for an all women's AS, would expect there to be only women. Thanks for getting back to me,  :)

Also with there only being one active female RH in TN, I know there would be women from other states that wouldn't mind traveling to be an instructor at one. When we had an all women's AS in Iowa last year, there wasn't a single female instructor in Iowa so female instructors came from all different states, WI, MN, OH, MO even NY instructors came out for it, so what I am getting at is if female instructors are needed for lets say future events, we are out here! Good luck and have fun!!!  ;D

EEL

Hey Big Papa, maybe y'all can be the "man servants" like in IA.  **)   **)

Seriously, I'm sure Big Papa will make sure the female instructors are forefront and leading the instruction.  I also gotta believe he tried everything he could to get the range to go along with it.  We've all had to work at a range where you have to just shrug your shoulders and say "Ok".

Improvise, adapt and overcome.  Big Papa will pull it off with style  O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Big Papa

It's all looking good!
The range is in the field behind the home of the host and hostess. We've had two other regular shoots there before and another one scheduled in April. I recruited Dinky and Nurse Ratchett to come down, so we will have 3 female instructors and maybe one more female IIT (I'm working on it!) I know the host never expected all women instructors, and I don't expect any issues from anyone else. Most of the shooters are local and recruited by the hostess. It's an interesting and neat community. We stop shooting on Sunday for 2 fifteen minute periods while the Mennonite Church (just down the road) is assembling and dismissing. Maybe a first for Appleseed?

EEL - I was a "Man Servant" a long time before Appleseed! **) I Just (sort of) do what I'm told! Just Ask Big Mama! >:D

dart67eb

Quote from: BlueFeather on March 13, 2010, 07:38:09 PM
I mean no disrespect, but I am wondering if you defeat some of the purpose by having male instructors.  Just a thought.

You should see Big Papa in a dress!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Big Papa

And I thought I had burned all those pictures! ;D

Trisha

I think it is good for there to be men at an All women's AS. I am looking forward to hearing about how it goes for you all!

dart67eb

Quote from: Big Papa on March 15, 2010, 12:31:02 PM
And I thought I had burned all those pictures! ;D

C'mon, you know if you wore THAT dress, there would be no respiratory pause!

dart67eb

Trisha, I'm from Jersey and even I know it's pronounced y'all! 

I'm just pulling legs tonight.  I was set back on opening a new range, but 'I ain't dead yet!'

Quote from: Trisha on March 15, 2010, 10:38:08 PM
I think it is good for there to be men at an All women's AS. I am looking forward to hearing about how it goes for you all!

AFTERMATH

Quote from: dart67eb on March 15, 2010, 11:02:48 PM
Trisha, I'm from Jersey and even I know it's pronounced y'all! 

I'm just pulling legs tonight.  I was set back on opening a new range, but 'I ain't dead yet!'

Quote from: Trisha on March 15, 2010, 10:38:08 PM

Actually, at least in MN and WI.... It is 'you all'...   #)
Good luck down there Big Pappa!(I don't necessarily need to see 'the pics'... :o)
And whatever you do, don't let EEL down there!  I've heard what he does to ladies at Appleseeds. ;D ;D ;D
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Big Papa

QuoteActually, at least in MN and WI.... It is 'you all'...
Why use two words when you can use one and a half. >:D

I'll take EEL down here anytime. These Southern ladies can handle him! Just a warning. He may not come back North. **)

Appalacious

Condescension is a GOOD thing.

sarah stewart

My name is Sarah Stewart. My husband, Bubba, and I are the hosts for the Ladies Only Appleseed coming up this weekend. We are proud to be a part of the Appleseed team. We are both newly signed IIT's.
   After having attended our first Appleseed in Puryear last summer, we hosted two shortly after that. Being moved by the interest we recieved and some special needs that were expressed, we asked Big Pappa about a ladies class. This was for the express purpose of having opportunity we felt we wouldn't get otherwise with some mothers and daughters. In fact, it sort of grew into a campaign the more we talked about it. (You all know how that goes!) So we ended up with a safety course for ladies only as a primer called Personal Safety for the Rest of Us with a gentleman out of Mphs, TN. The core of his program was mental training: not looking like a victim, situational awareness, having a plan, etc. It was a great success as we served 45 women from our community. They were thrilled with the information, and walked away not only dramaticly safer but better mothers, and literally better citizens b/c, as we all know better prepared individuals makes for a safer and more wholesome place for all of us to live.
   We have had great appreciation from the ladies so far and we haven't even had their Appleseed yet, so we are all looking so forward to this weekend and we cannot thank Appleseed enough for their generosity and cooperation in allowing us to put on this special event.
   Big Pappa and Big Mama, you know how we feel about you.   
Thankful to be alive and grateful for our family, Sarah Stewart

desertrat144

Quote from: sarah stewart on March 19, 2010, 09:12:02 AM
   So we ended up with a safety course for ladies only as a primer called Personal Safety for the Rest of Us with a gentleman out of Mphs, TN. The core of his program was mental training: not looking like a victim, situational awareness, having a plan, etc. It was a great success as we served 45 women from our community. They were thrilled with the information, and walked away not only dramaticly safer but better mothers, and literally better citizens b/c, as we all know better prepared individuals makes for a safer and more wholesome place for all of us to live.
Congrats to you for waking up other folks- there are way too many that live & love (to their detriment) Condition White.

QuoteWe have had great appreciation from the ladies so far and we haven't even had their Appleseed yet, so we are all looking so forward to this weekend and we cannot thank Appleseed enough for their generosity and cooperation in allowing us to put on this special event.   
Hope it all went well for you.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

JanetA

My name is Janet. My daughter, sister and I attended the Ladies only shoot in Lobleville, TN March 20 & 21st.

It was great! Thanks Sarah & Bubba for all you did to host this event. And thank you Big Mama, Big Papa & Jeremy, Ratchett & Dinky for all your terrific instruction. I learned so much. I am much more confident and careful with a gun. Learned lots of history along the way.

I think I may be hooked....I'm trying to figure out how to get to the next Appleseed....and looking at gun accessories.

God Bless,
JanetA

JanetA

Howdy,
I had sooo mutch fun at the Ladies Only Appleseed Shoot. I also learned alot. the first day was great! the second day the weather wasn't so great. $$-0 it was really muddy but i still had fun. i ended up getting a new nickname too! "Mudd puppy"!  :P and so did "Big Pappa" his was "Mudd Pappa" :) Thank you so mutch Appleseed!!!

RachelA age 12   :~

Big Papa

Rachel - That's one of those names you have to earn!  You earned it!  You were great! I could tell your respiratory pause was right because I could see your breath!
Dry Fire!!!