News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Announcements from sunny Florida

Started by franklinfarmer, February 23, 2010, 06:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklinfarmer

The good folks down in Myakka City (PHenry, ItsanSKS, et al) wanted me
to pass a couple items on to the rest of the Georgians:

1. They are having a KD IBC.  Know what that is?  A young lady who goes
by Mrs. Cleaver was clever enough to ask, so I found out too.  It stands
for known distance, i.e., the stuff we went over in Hawkinsville which allows
shooters to take their 25 yard zero and then adjust to standard sight settings
and then to any known distance.  Except down in Florida, they are not going
to just talk about it, they are going to do it; that is, the IBC is supposed to
involve a significant amount of shooting for the instructors at (presumably)
various distances.  At least it won't all be at 25 yards.  Sounds like fun, no?

2. They are looking for RW reenactors for their April 19th shoot.  If anyone
knows where to point them, contact ItsanSKS.

It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

ThaiFighter

The range where this will be held is 600 yards and we have it all to ourselves for two full days.  The only reason we'd have to shoot 25 yards is to acquire a 25/300 zero.  We also have free sleeping accommodations available, bring your own air mattress.  As our new friend here can tell you, we are very cordial toward our neighbors from Jawja.  We break out our finest weather. :)

PM ItsanSKS to reserverate yer spot on the line.

Hope to see some of you there!    (I'm looking at you Dr John!)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

willorith

We have developed a fondness for you Dr. John. I understand that there will be some Appleseed business happening in GA on that Wk end. If you can make it to FL, we would love to have you.

We are but human.

sanderman79

It sounds good, I wish that it was another weekend. Maybe next time. I think that John is gonna be in Toccoa that weekend

Raymon

DrJohn

To all my Florida Appleseed friends,

Forgive my chiming in a bit late...Sanderman79 was correct that I was at Toccoa, Georgia that weekend.  Thanks in large part to the patient and kind help I received from the Florida crew helping me climb up the instructor ladder, I can now help y'all out a bit more than when I first started.  I'll be down at Myakka City for the April 17-18 festivities and looking forward to seeing my Florida friends again.

Happy bailing!

John "DrJohn" Sampson
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

DrJohn

Georgia Appleseeders,

Perhaps I should allow one of the Florida Appleseeders to announce this, but I am a happy adopted son of the Florida program and will chime in...there is talk of a Rifleman's Boot Camp in Florida later in the year, probably in December 2010.  That is, IF six students can be located to definitely commit (prior to this post, three have definitely committed).  I plan to attend...as many of you know, I attended the RBC in Ramseur (2-10!) and in spite of the sleet, snow, freezing temperatures and icy wind, it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.  I made friends whom I expect to know for as long as I live, people with a strong commitment to liberty and just plain fine American patriots.

The Guy has committed to come down and run the shoot.  For those of us who know and have worked with him, you know what a great opportunity this is...he lives up north and we don't get a chance to work with him as often as we would like.  An RBC is also a superb place to fine tune your marksmanship skills...there is ample time to work closely with very experienced senior instructors and polish any areas you feel need a bit of attention.  For those new to the program, it is a chance to go from relative beginner to possibly getting a Rifleman patch in one week, and donning the coveted orange hat of the instructor corps.  So folks, there it is...a great opportunity.  Let's take advantage of it!

DrJohn
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

franklinfarmer

You know...if experience is any guide, they won't have sleet, snow, and icy wind down there either.
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce