News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed at Ft. Worth High School

Started by Scout, February 23, 2010, 02:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

I have a school that I am speaking with that might agree to hold an event at their high school. They have a shooting team on campus and I am going to speak with the Colonel who runs the school about holding an event there. It is an airgun team, but all the skills and techniques would still hold true. I will give you more as it gets figured out.

This is a side benefit of a gun show contact from the last gun show in DFW. Thanks Gun Show Team!

Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

dirtyrice

Awesome. I wish more high schools and local colleges still had active shooting teams. So would this event be an airrifle event, .22 only event??

Scout

It would be a school team only, air gun event. It would be a special event and probably a one day event limited to the High School Team members.

Also included in this discussion, but of a seperate nature, is having RWVA instructors come in to the schools and teach the history to High School History classes.

This would be a 45 minute discussion of the events of April 19, 1775. Sounds like something right up our alley doesn't it? ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

spitstickler

Scout, This is awesome. If there's anything I can to to help facilitate this, let me know.

I'm still working on getting up to snuff on the 3 strikes, but I've got some DOM ready.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

starfox

Simply awesome!  Anything I or DoubleLL can do to help, don't hesitate to ask. 
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

doubleLL

Wow!  The gun show team knows we reached out to many folks, but to see some forward momentum so soon after a show is inspiring! 
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Scout

Quote from: doubleLL on February 23, 2010, 05:10:56 PM
Wow!  The gun show team knows we reached out to many folks, but to see some forward momentum so soon after a show is inspiring! 

And my thanks again to all of the Gun Show Crew Members ;) You guys planted some seeds that are going to grow into some real benefits to the program, Thanks ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com