News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Yanceyville NC Feb 20&21

Started by txpirate, February 22, 2010, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txpirate

It was a great weekend in the prettiest weather NC has had in quite a while!!

Saturday morning began with all the instructors showing up: Bulkhead, Steves4570, Karl2500, and myself. After a little morning meeting and planning, the shooters arrived. We had 8 preregistered, 2 no-shows and 2 late-registrations, for a total of 8 shooters. After introductions we quickly got to the redcoats. The redcoats demonstrated how much room for improvement we had: only 2 shooters got all three rounds into the 100yd silhouette. As the sun warmed us up throughout the beautiful morning, the frozen ground began to thaw and left us in a muddy situation. This only gave the shooters the opportunity to practice perseverance, and they sure did. After spending all morning on our bellies, we got off the ground for some lunch and the first strike. After lunch, we worked through the standing and seated positions, and shot one AQT before finishing with a redcoat. Hawk308 decided to delay the awarding of any rifleman's patches till the next day ;) - he only shot a 209 on his very first AQT ever!! All shooters saw great improvement in their marksmanship as the day progressed, and the redcoat provided evidence to that: Four 100yd shooters, One 200yrd shooter, Two 300yrd shooters, One 400yrd shooter, and Three hit the 250yd shot. That was some great shooting!! I would like to take this opportunity to commend the shooters on their attitudes - everyone was positive the whole day long. We had the opportunity to award a young patriot patch, also. Nine year-old Madeleine worked on her six steps and rifleman's cadence all day long as our designated sniper, even handling transitions and mag changes like a pro. On the lone AQT of the day, she shot into the 160's. Bravo, Madeleine!

Congratulations to Bulkhead!! If they gave away Red Hats per ton of work done, he would've earned several quite a long time ago. He completed his PC, and sucessfully demonstrated all requirements of an RWVA Instructor, and was ready to put on the Red Hat for Sunday. Huzzah!!

Unfortunately, I woke up with the crud Sunday morning. I knew it was quite communicable, as I know exactly who I got it from at work. After a phone conversation, Bulkhead took over the shoot for Sunday. He must've done quite a good job, as he ended awarding TWO rifleman's patches. If I'm not mistaken, 25% is well above the average rate of riflemen. I'll let him fill you in on Sunday....

I hope to see everyone on down the Appleseed trail. O0

steves4570

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Come To 3rd Degree For Appleseed, Because Yanceyville Is The Place To Be. ^:)^   Steve :~

Karl2500

First I just want to thank all that attended this shoot I had a great time,  
We had two young shooters on the line Madeleine and Brad. All I can say is WOW! If these kids are our future, I say bring it on! Both were so mature, enthusiastic. they persevered through the mud,  and are great shooters. As mentioned Madeleine got 160 on her first AQT and Brad is a Rifleman at 13 years old!
The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
~Theodore Roosevelt

Fred

Bulkhead in a Red Hat? Pics?

..:..      ..:..      ..:..

:bow:      :bow:       :bow:

PS: Congrats to all the new riflemen - and those who persisted thru the mud... O0 O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Karl2500

Bulkhead in red!
The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
~Theodore Roosevelt

Karl2500

~Theodore Roosevelt

bulkhead

Everyone missed TxPirate on Sunday.  Though we appreciate him staying home and not sharing his cold.  Hope you're doing better Matt.  Sunday was kind of a historical day at Yanceyville - no rain.  I heard someone mention that it was the first sunny weekend since November!!

Sunday started with the third strike followed by safety reviews and squares to get everone warmed up.  We reviewed each position, firing the shot, NPOA, shot one QAQT before lunch and followed with the AQT's the rest of the afternoon.  Shooters attitudes were the best.

Steve and Carl called the line, did safety, positions, and RSO.  Great NC team we've got started.  Matt set it up on Saturday and we just followed through. 

The shooters, crew, and Yanceyville mud made this shoot one to remember.

bulkhead

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

Hawk_308

Thanks for the great instruction and fellowship yall. Looking forward to doing it again hopfully bringing more ppl next time.  8)

Hosting the pics wasnt a problem , jeeping Im used to having pics and AARs hours after it happens lol I fixxed my tranny with a claw hammer once in tn and the pics were on the web before I could drive back to camp 22 miles away. #)

Stimey

20-21 March in Yanceyville and 27-28 March in Ramseur, Hawk.  Come on back!  And bring whoever will come with you!

Stimey
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.