News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Thoughts on a N. Nevada AS.

Started by desertrat144, February 20, 2010, 11:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertrat144

Just a thought here, but has the Carson City range been ruled out?  Behind the main range there is a 'pistol range' consisting of berms separating 'lanes' that would serve 10+ shooters.  Its a first come first served situation, but usually doable.  I'm not sure about camping there, worth a thought so the appropriate amount of space can be insured.

BTW, they aren't picky about brass clean up or times in & out.  O0

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Chris_H

Hi Tom,

Not a bad idea. I'm not far from Carson City, so I can check into the possibility over the next couple of weeks.

While anything farther than 30-40 minutes away may be "too far" for some (many?) Reno residents, there seems to be some difficulty finding responsive ranges that might be candidates to host AS shoots.

The Gardnerville DAR is coming online. It is about 70-80 minutes drive south of Reno, & about 30 minutes south of Carson City. That said, it'd be nice to get more 'seeds up here than only 2-3 a year.

Chris

desertrat144

Chris,

Quote...difficulty finding responsive ranges... (emphasis added)
The range must be 'run' by someone, but all the times I've been out there no one has been there that would be described as 'in charge'; it appears to be folks that have gone shootin' and have reached an understanding in making a safe shooting environment.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Joe

The Carson City range is run by Carson City Parks Dept. Ranges can be reserved. I don't know the requirements. The Carson Rifle and Pistol club shoots 100 yd highpower there the 1st Sunday Saturday of the month. I believe 2 cowboy clubs and an IDPA group shoot in the back pistol bays.

desertrat144

From the sounds of it, this may be the way to go for an AS shoot up here. 

The price seems to be 'right' and there may be a camping possibility there too.

Tom