News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Official Illinois State Coordinator Day

Started by Pappy, February 20, 2010, 07:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy

Hello G69; Happy Birthday Buddy, Hope you have a great day and many more. Thank You for all you do. JP
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

oldbolts

Western Rose

Happy Birthday, Garand69!! Hope you're having a wonderful, blessed day with many more to come!
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Castle Mountain

You need to check your e-mail.... there is a word going around that you are turning 51?  Wow! You sure hide it well. :)

Happy birthday G-69

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

EEL

G69 is having a B-Day today ????    ^:)^   ^:)^  Did Fred OK this?  Either way...Illinois said it's OK so all is well.

Have a good one Garand.

Talk on ya later.. &)

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Ashes

Boba Fett

Happy Birthday Garand!! They say eye-sight is the second thing to go with people "your age".  :cool2: Hope you can still make out this Birthday thread being 51 and all.  **) The Sheep Dog says it's probably more like 57 or 58 and EEL....   Well...   EEL just laughs.   **) **) **)  You know how he is.

It appears there are a few other people in Appleseed  #) that actually like you enough to write something nice to you on your Birthday. Nice to see I'm not the only one.  ;)

Take it easy G'Man....

Oh..... Actually.....  go ahead and take it any way you can get it! It's your special day after all. Isn't it?  ;D

BF

SkyHawk

Happy Birthday!  Only 5 more years and it's the Alarm list buddy. No time to sluff off just yet!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Dinky Dao

51?? Naw, naw, Garand is only 35 41...man you guys are brutal. He just looks old from all those years of wrasling with Sleufoot. Day in and day out worrying about becoming prey...the stress and anxiety has a tendency to take years off your life...that's where all those facial wrinkles came from...always being hunted, never a moments rest...kinda like being in the 'Nam...it's true. Ask Guy, he'll tell ya.

Don't let all those wrinkles get you down now, G-man. Just remember that when all else fails, you've got great hair. Looks like something right out of GQ magazine. Yep, James Dean would be envious. And you don't even have to use Brylcreem to get that look. Now THAT's some great hair. Personally, I think EEL and Boba are just jealous, cause that 'do makes all the ladies scream. Enjoy it while you can, because old age creeps up  on you quickly, and in two years you'll probably be bald.

Now go look in the mirror, do a quick 'Fonzie' with your comb, smile really big, and say to yourself, "I am younger than EEL...I am younger than EEL..." "I look younger that EEL, I look younger than EEL"

Hope you have a good B-day, G-man. >:D ^-^ O0

Dinky

Edited for comic effect: LOL!
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Fred

35? 51??? Say, with big numbers like these, are we talking age here, or IQ? (You guys know Garand better than I, and so will be able to answer that question... :) :) :) )

Heck, I'm so far out of things, I didn't even know The Guy served in VN. %) ++) Heck (again!), he prob knows John Kerry! >:D ..:..

Even worse, I had not a clue about the value of Garand's "'do". ;D ;D

Still, they say hidden assets are something we all have, sometimes. O0

Anyway, this being late, "Best Birthday Wishes!" will have to be an early "jump" on NEXT year!

When G-man will be 60 - or is it 66? No, wait, that's the IQ? Or is it? **) **) **)

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed, Garand! Efforts which are greatly appreciated by all.  :bow:  :bow:

Even more will be expected for the rest of this year - and next! ~~:) :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

The Guy

QuoteHeck (again!), he prob knows John Kerry!

Fred, you dirty low down son of a redcoat!

In other news, Freed and I were arguing.  We finally agreed that 60 had to be out of the question, but 59 was certianly possible.....

Happy Birthday Garand!  Love ya bro!

Guy

colycat

51,Naw...........Too much hair :o Right Elvis, err Garand.  Anyway Happy Birthday ^:)^
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Jungle George

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

Boba Fett

Hey Birthday Boy !!!!!

Chime in Brother... Let us know if you need someone to read this thread to you.  ;) ^-^ >:D

BF

Mudcat

Happy Bday G69. I had you figured for 50 at most.  ;D
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

EEL

Sheesh guys....Give the old geezer a chance to shuffle over to the keyboard  **)  The tennis balls on the bottom of his walker got all wet in the snow.  Oh, and for the record....I think the RWVA calendar has him at 41.  Now that could be wrong as it has The Guy at 235 yrs old on April 18.

But hey...I like him better at 51 anyway  ^:)^   ^:)^   **)  Yeah, let's run with that !!!!

EEL

Go Elvis, Go   ~~:)   :---
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Boba Fett

Quote from: EEL on February 21, 2010, 09:23:17 PM
The tennis balls on the bottom of his walker got all wet in the snow. 

Oh, I hate it when that happens!.   ;D

LayloPro

Oh, I hate it when that happens!.

True....leaves those little wet "splat" marks all over the kitchen floor......then -Mrs- Garand has to take the frying pan to him......no wonder he's stuck in his (t)rusty truck......it's all the water -inside-....... :))

I heard Guy found a pix of his truck in it's previous incarnation.......I'll let him share that one with y'all, but it looks pretty good for something that Sluefoot likes to bat around..... **)

G69, if you're around your keyboard anywhere around here, we do indeed wish you a Happy Birthday......No matter -how- old you actually are...... :o ^-^ :o

I just never thought Illinois would have so many Elvis types there.....it was always Vegas that had -that- sewed up.......
Geez...... ::) ???

Happy Birthday Buddy......we'll see ya in a few...... :cool2: O0

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Boba Fett

C'mon Garand... We know you've read this.

Speech! Speech!

Tell us the secret to your beautiful hair and girlish figure. How do you look so young?

Garand69

Well 1st I would like to say thanks to all the nice folks in this thread. I take a weekend off from the forum for a nice relaxing weekend and I log on today to see 2 pages of B-day wishes in my PM Box and this nice little thread here in IL. It is really nice to have so many NICE people around here.

2nd, I would like to address all the trouble makers in this thread...&)

&) Mr Papineau, what am I going to do with you. I would typically say NO SOUP TWO WEEKS! here but I consider the horse trading this weekend one heck of a b-day present so your only cut off from the soup for 2 days.

&) Castle Mountain.....51? 51?? so your the one that started 51! NO SOUP 1 WEEK!

&) Dinky Dinky Dinky.... Wrinkles! Grey hair yes, but Wrinkles!! Why I outta

&) Fred.....Keep it up Fred, I'm ready to release the whole Fredrica the Helpful Series, so you better watch yourself **)

&) EEL my brudder from a nudder mudder.... Tennis Balls!!! Walker !!! Just wait my freind just wait ~~:)

&) LayloPro... err I mean Kenny Rodgers, You startin' trouble again brother &) :cool2:

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Quote from: Garand69 on February 22, 2010, 01:05:37 PM

Well 1st I would like to say thanks to all the nice folks in this thread. I take a weekend off from the forum for a nice relaxing weekend and I log on today to see 2 pages of B-day wishes in my PM Box and this nice little thread here in IL. It is really nice to have so many NICE people around here.

2nd, I would like to address all the trouble makers in this thread...&)

&) Mr Papineau, what am I going to do with you. I would typically say NO SOUP TWO WEEKS! here but I consider the horse trading this weekend one heck of a b-day present so your only cut off from the soup for 2 days.

&) Castle Mountain.....51? 51?? so your the one that started 51! NO SOUP 1 WEEK!

&) Dinky Dinky Dinky.... Wrinkles! Grey hair yes, but Wrinkles!! Why I outta

&) Fred.....Keep it up Fred, I'm ready to release the whole Fredrica the Helpful Series, so you better watch yourself **)

&) EEL my brudder from a nudder mudder.... Tennis Balls!!! Walker !!! Just wait my freind just wait ~~:)

&) LayloPro... err I mean Kenny Rodgers, You startin' trouble again brother &) :cool2:

That just hurts Garand. Not a single "Boba Fett" in that list. You know you redi-mix drivers aren't the only ones with feelings. Us Division 3 Coordinators gots em too.  :'(

Boba (The Forgotten) Fett