News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

EDITED: It's Official! Las Cruces Shoot is on.

Started by TaosGlock, February 20, 2010, 01:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

For April 10-11.  
We did a presentation to the local gun club, Patriot's Lead. BF, me and staplegund were present. Bev Courtney, the founder has shot with us before and talks us up.
There was also a local DA running for District Judge in the upcoming election. He was really impressed with the program. He can't get away for 2 days due to the campaign, but asked if he could come for a few hours. We suggested Sat as to hear the history and maybe get him to at least shoot a RedCoat. Maybe bring his staff to...

Now that this club is getting going, this date was built around them. I'm hoping this is the break thru we need to get those lines filled.

That next weekend we will be in Raton.
Still working on Silver City....
TG
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

TaosGlock

Yes, the date is set! Just got the county forms back.
I will get the paperwork to the appropriate AS folks.
Mark your calendars for April 10-11.
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

SamD

Fred

Always nice to see some activity in NM...

;D      ;D      ;D      ;D

No, let's make that:

O0      O0      O0      O0

:)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

TaosGlock

TaosGlock

And I just put the paperwork in for another shoot on Nov. 13-14: A Veteran's Day Shoot....actually a couple days later.
Is tentative until finalized, but will be a gimme.

SamD

QuoteOh, and they cut the range fees in half.
That's more better yet.

Got room for a bunch of GI's? 

Sam

TaosGlock

Bring em' over....We can max out that little range. Should be cozy.

SPC_Stackhouse

Hello instructors and shooters, my name is SPC Stackhouse 2D Engineer BN at white sands missile range, we just went through a week long course with some awesome appleseed instructors. We're already planning to be at this event IF we can im sure it would be supported. I myself cant get enough of this training its incredible. Off the top of my head I already have 12 people wanting to be there. However firearms could be an issue we're not sure if we can get our issued rifles or not, if we can, we will get ammunition provided also, if we cant we're doing it out of pocket, which is okay too. In the event this cant happen i will keep the update going, Thanks for your hard work appleseed it was great. I didnt get a patch myself but there is no expiration date and i'm craving more of your knowledge so lets get it on, April 10-11. :---  $$-0

BlueFeather

Thank you Stackhouse and all your buddies for coming to the WSMR event and working so hard under difficult conditions.  We would be honored to work with you again.  PM or email me if you need rifles... we don't have 12 ARs, but we have a few we could loan out if you need them.  Sometime this week, we should be posting a public 'After Action Report', with pictures of all the fun for all to see.

Hope to see you at our next Appleseed, or anytime you want some one to go shoot with,

Gillian
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

puckett

I agree with Stack, i was a little hesitant in the beginning with all of the wind and sand. In the end when we actually started to move back to the different ranges it showed that our hard work had paid off. i also have an amazing zero on my ACOG. thank you appleseed.

oladcock

Stackhouse and Puckett, It's so good you see your posts and it was an honor getting to spend some time with you, sand and all! Speaking for myself and Strawberry Roan, we're learning more from you guys then you are from us, adapting from the civilian version. I have no doubt you guys will get your rifleman patches with the dirt out of your eyes and no armor! Practice the 6 steps and get LOTS of dryfire practice, you guys will do great and pass on what you've gained to those that couldn't/didn't attend. Press on! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Strawberry Roan

Stackhouse and Puckett,
It is sure good to hear you'll be going to this shoot.  I have NO doubt that you'll achieve your patches and then some!  Sure wish I could be there to see it!  We'll be getting ready for the Roswell shoot. I don't think there's words to express what an awesome experience it was to be able to spend this past week at "Steel Appleseed".  I learned so much and it was such a pleasure to watch you guys answer the challenges out there.   Dang, I'm so proud I could just bust!  ^:)^  You guys rock!

staplegund

I am looking forward to this event with great anticipation!  I have a good feeling that everybody will be on a roll and ready to go.    :D^:)^ :---
Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit. --Andrew Jackson

SPC_Stackhouse

Just got back from butterfield shooting range, 25 meters with a lame little .22 rifle 30 out of 30 shots in a 4 inch square lol its almost cheating...

SPC_Stackhouse

Also if anyone can mail me a promotion flyer of some sort I can post it through the Battalion here at WSMR, email is anthony.r.stackhouse@us.army.mil if i get this next week i can start posting it around. If not thats cool I tried :D

SamD

I'll get one emailed to you.
On the way!

Sam

SPC_Stackhouse

Posted flyers at major locations onpost and gave my number as a contact for info, so far no calls  :-\ and i think our numbers arent as great as hoped, maybe only a couple guys going. At any rate I will be there, is there additional info i need to know? I have a .22 rifle thats about it with 500 rounds

oladcock

"Posted flyers at major locations onpost and gave my number as a contact for info, so far no calls   and i think our numbers arent as great as hoped, maybe only a couple guys going."

Sgt...You've got off the couch and planted the seeds, some will sprout, some never will. The fertilizer will get deep enough to wake them up eventually!  O0 ....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TaosGlock

Other than your personal shooting gear, lunch and water...and a buddy or two, you should be set!
From your post above, sounds like those 4 minute squares are in big trouble, as any Redcoat that might pop up on that target line. :~
Thanks for your promo work on base, and you never know, might get more guys than you think. ;)
See you there!

Longshot

Stackhouse,

Good work and make sure that SFC Faras doesn't shirk out..   ~~:)  We want you all wearing patches and staying safe.

Wish I could be there.

Kerry
Longshot

Missouri
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

oladcock

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SPC_Stackhouse

Oddly enough I did not make it down to butterfield shooting range this weekend:( pregnant wife had to be taken to the ER but everythings okay. Bad timing, ill have to make a shoot when i get back from afghanistan. Hope it went well.

SamD

Quote:( pregnant wife had to be taken to the ER but everythings okay. Bad timing, ill have to make a shoot when i get back from afghanistan
Sounds like almost a good enough reason.
We will be look for you.
In the mean time, take care over there and come back safe.

Sam