News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mini Appleseed February 21st

Started by VAshooter, February 19, 2010, 05:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAshooter

We will have a Mini Appleseed at Black Creek on the 21st of February. We've lost a couple instructors to the Ramseur RBC but this will be a good chance for the rest of you to work on those rusty Appleseed skills.
The weather is supposed to be nice so come on out.

VAshooter

VAshooter

The Mini Appleseed went very well yesterday. Four relatively new shooters showed up and spent the afternoon shooting and learning new things. I was hoping a couple instructors would show up but with the short notice and all I was on my own, luxuriating in warm temperatures and sunshine on the Appleseed trail. I hope to see more of my students at a future Appleseed or possibly another Mini.

VAshooter

No Retreat

I was at the infamous December Appleseed.  It was my first one and while the conditions were tough,  I was hooked.  My buddy told me about these Miniseeds.  I didn't find out about this one until I was already out of town this past weekend.  I would really like to get in on the next one.  I have three recruits waiting anxiously for May at Blackcreek.  I'm sure I can get them in on these as well.  I hope to hear of some future ones real soon.  Thanks for all you guys do.

Old Dog

car troubles, sorry.  I was wanting to do some shooting.  Had the old M1 all laid out.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

VaWolf

Had to work all weekend. I will be off work on March 21st....Wolfman
NPOA isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Old Dog

Will there be a Mar. 21 Mini?  If so I'll start mentioning it on other forums.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

VAshooter

There will not be a Mini Appleseed at Black Creek in March. We have another event at the Buckingham Range that weekend.

VAshooter

T191032

I need to know if I or my cousin is correct about Shooting in the State of Virginia on Sundays.  Is there an existing law that says you can shoot After 1PM?  He thinks that may only apply to Hunting, but I seem to recall seeing it stated here that your Sunday Mini-s and weekend Appleseeds (shooting portions) start after 1 ?

I'm so far out of the loop on shooting these days, I haven't bothered to try and keep up with the 10-20 boards/forums I'm a member of.

Old Dog

The mini's are held at an established range where the rules are no shooting till 1 PM.  I don't know about the rest of the state but often (in this state and others) there is just a long established agreement between the range and the local churches not to start shooting till church is out.

T191032

Ok.  I don't know where he and his buddy shoot, just mentioned they sometimes do it before Church on Sundays.

I sent him a link to Appleseed.  He's got a purty AR he built, maybe he and his buddies can come shoot.