News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Friends of Camp Perry pistol pop up

Started by Butt Stock, February 18, 2010, 09:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butt Stock

There is a pistol pop up shoot on April 3rd 2010 at Camp Perry.

http://www.friendsofcampperry.org/Events.html

Post in here if your interested in meeting before or at the shoot.

ilium

slim

You guys are funny!

For those who don't know, ilium and Butt Stock are related... they even live together.

I won't be able to make it up there on the 3rd, but if all goes well I'll be there for the 'Seed on the 24th. Good luck with those pea shooters!

Johnny

You guys are just mean. :( I'd love to go, it's just too far. I',m in Louisiana. However, my best friend is moving to Ohio this month, so when I visit, I'll schedule ALL trips around Appleseed Shoots and Camp Perry events. My friend is going to be joining Appleseed as soon as he is settled in, so he'll need some guidance from you Ohio Appleseeder's. He will be living no more than two miles from the Miamisburg range or what ever the name of the place is near Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. He is still active duty. I skipped out way back in 91. He's a good shooter and a great person to know, just like all of you guys are.
"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

MeanStreaker

Hey Johnny, I live about 15 minutes from WPAFB.  Feel free to give your friend my email:   MeanStreakerOH@gmail.com

I'll show him where they have PBR on tap and we can try to rope him into Appleseed.  :)

Thanks,
--Mike
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Butt Stock

Quote from: slim on March 01, 2010, 02:47:29 AM
You guys are funny!

For those who don't know, ilium and Butt Stock are related... they even live together.

I won't be able to make it up there on the 3rd, but if all goes well I'll be there for the 'Seed on the 24th. Good luck with those pea shooters!

that is ok slim but yea me and ilium live to gether.

but slim they dont lnow that haha ;)
just let us know if you are going

slim

I won't be able to make it that weekend. However, I will be in the neighborhood on the 24th and 25th! You guys wanna meet up?

Butt Stock

Sure we will meet up that weekend. Where do you want to meet up at?

Ratchett

Hi Butt Stock and family!!

I won't be able to make it up for this shoot, but will be coming up in July and August for sure. Will be in touch.

Do well and happy  :---

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

ilium

Nurse Ratchett,

Sorry to hear that you won't make the Pistol Pop-up shoot. Will look forward to seeing you at the SAFS's and National Matches.

Let us know a month ahead because we should have room here for you and your family to stay here with if you want to!

Troy

ilium

Slim,

Can't pull the wool over your eyes! Sorry for doing the shameless bump. Wish you were coming to shoot.

FYI, bring more Goetta in April! :) I will pay you for it.

Troy

slim

Goetta is always in my Appleseed "go bag." (Well, not always as I don't keep my "go bag" in the refrigerator... but I make sure to throw it in there before I leave the house. Or, we'll stop at Sam's on the way, right Dry Fire?)

And you know your money's no good here... your ammo though...

I bet goetta would cook up nicely over the fire. You're going to bring your grill too, right? I'll bring sevral pounds, whatever we don't eat at the event, I'll leave with you guys.

- Just a few short weeks...

Johnny

Goetta?? What is that?? I've never heard of it.
"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

Birdman

I will be going and bringing Pastor NEO_Tim, CrOsswind, and my good friend Deputy Warden Paul.
I will look for all of you. We have be arriving probably mid-morning.

slim

http://www.goetta.com

Come on out to the 04/24 event at G'Burg and you'll get to sample some.

Good luck at the pistol shoot, folks. I didn't realize it was this weekend otherwise I would've tried to... ah, who am I kidding. I can't hit anything with a pistol. Last I heard about Camp Perry, there were a few guys who went to one of the pop up shoots and did pretty well with rack-grade rifles and surplus ball ammo. Anyone ever heard of those dudes or heard of where they learned to shoot like that?

See y'all soon!

Butt Stock

Birdman,
I will be wearing my Appleseed shirt and my Orange hat. What will you be wearing? WE can try to find each other and do some Appleseeding while we are there

slim

... and that, folks, is what we call the 7th Step!

Keep up the good work, Butt Stock. Good luck to you, ilium, and Birdman too.

Birdman

Confirming-bringing a carload of 4, 3 are rifleman.  I'm working on the 4th!
I will also have Appleseed Tee shirt and RWVA hat.  Probably will be there about 9ish.  I still have some brochures and some fresh off my printer tri-fold brochures. 
See you all there.
Birdman

ilium

Birdman,

The CMP North Store should be open on Saturday, according to the website.

Will be looking for you and company.

Drive safe.

Ratchett

OK all you pistol poppers, how did it go today? Been wishing I was there, I like Slim do not shoot so well with a pistol but it's all about having fun right :D
Hope everyone shot well to their liking!

In His Grip,
Ratchett

BTW---Buttstock, you rock man! Great article keep up the good work. Many privileges your way as you definitely have stepped up to the responsibility! Proud of all your accomplishments as you know very well what you are about!

Julia
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Butt Stock

Well we did not get to go because of problems with the pistols and the AR15 upper. yesterday and plus are did not show up.

Sorry Birdman hope you and your friends did good today.

Butt Stock

Birdman

Our car load of 4 returned home safely....about 6:30pm.  We signed up about 9:30am and shot after 3pm  :o  We probably drove the furthest, shot last, and got home later than anybody.  We got the high winds and some rain.  We were trying to share a few pistols to one of our guys who's only pistol had a cracked frame, so we alternating relays.  The weather was so bad that they put all of us together on relay 40, the last relay, but we had enough pistols to go around. We had 2 empty pistols at slide lock on the table and the wind blew it over, smashing the two pistols onto the concrete. My XD40 came out fine, my BIL's XDm9mm had a little ding on the sights. Most of us shot in the mid to upper thirties. Not bad considering the weather.
I met an original instructor from Pre-Appleseed Appleseed. Sorry I forget his name.  He approached me due to my Orange RWVA hat.  We had a good conversation.  I was also able to pass out some literature.
We visited with Appleseeder Muxtech most of the morning and afternoon. He did well, shooting a high of 39.  Only a few hit all 40. Scores should be up this week on the Friends of Camp Perry website.
Hope to see more of you there next year, but first will be the rifle pop-up Labor Day weekend and the Snowflake Rifle pop-up in November.  Now THAT is FUN!

Butt Stock

If i am right me and Troy (ilium) are gonna go to both of them. But i could be wrong i am gonna put a nother post on and there is a pop ups that one day is pistol and the next day is rifle.