News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hey Kentucky!!

Started by Mudcat, February 17, 2010, 10:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Just wondering how many people we have on here?
We have 2 shoots coming up on April 17-18 that we need to staff. Plus we need to get some shooters on the line. There hasn't been much action here for some time I know but this is a new year and we have 1 new range with possibly 1 more coming as well. With this we are going to need some new and the old instructors to spread the word of Liberty.

So who else is lurking just waiting for a chance to make some Riflemen and Patriots?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Kentuckian

<Hand raised>

Over here in Lexington.  I plan to be on the line for one of the April shoots.  It will be my first and looking forward to it.

Mudcat

Hey Kentuckian, I see you down there behind that hill. O0
I'm looking forward to this year as well. I hope to see you on the line.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Unbridled Liberty

I'd like to attend my first shoot this year with my wife and son, and maybe my daughters.  After having seen what it is about, I may want to get involved as an instructor.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mudcat

Quote from: unbridled_liberty on February 28, 2010, 09:41:50 PM
I'd like to attend my first shoot this year with my wife and son, and maybe my daughters.  After having seen what it is about, I may want to get involved as an instructor.

That sounds great! What area are you from? What ages are your kids?
Appleseed is a real family oriented program, we encourage the entire family to come. I know after my first Appleseed I brought my whole family to the very next one. I couldn't wait for them to see and hear what I had. Both of my kids are now IITs(instructors in training) my wife and even my mother enjoy coming to the shoots too. The last shoot I worked at Knob Creek a full half of the line was filled by 1 extended family, all the way down to 8 I believe.

The first thing is to get you signed up for an event though. I hope it will be soon. If you have any question this is the place to ask them.

Welcome by the way. :)

Mudcat

--George Washington

Unbridled Liberty

Thanks Mudcat.  I'm in Lexington, and my son is 14.  My daughters are 16, 19 and 21.  I'm leaning towards Crittenden in April.
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mudcat

Sounds great! I haven't seen the Crittenden facility yet, but I hear it is nice. I will be there in April, from what I have heard from the local BOTG (boots on the ground) there should be a large youth crowd at that shoot from a local scout troop. They will also be catering breakfast and lunch for a reasonable fee.

I hope to get to meet you there.
--George Washington

Unbridled Liberty

I've got a Savage Mk II with one 10 round magazine, and a Marlin 795 with one 10 round magazine.  I can pick up some extra mags before then, but I'd like to know what is the recommended minimum number of 10-round mags we should come with?
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

dond

Two is the minimum, three is preferable, and more might be useful.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

kentuckyjam

Kentuckian and unbridled_liberty, welcome!  My husband and I live outside Richmond and I grew up in Lexington.  My first Appleseed was with my husband (brdholman) and dad.  It's a great experience with family.  We are now a husband/wife IIT (instructor-in-training) team.  My husband will be at Crittenden and we'll both be at KC.  Look forward to meeting you!
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

M60FOREVER

I wish I could make it to the Loyd WMA shoot on April 10th. It is pretty close to home. I live in Union. I can't get off work for that shoot. I wen't to the Miamisburg shoot last Saturday. I had a great time. I plan to practice here at home and get ready for the Carrolton shoot. I am a slow learner so I hope the Carolton shoot instructors are as great as the Miamisburg crew. I'm sure they will be.

Mudcat

Actually the shoot boss for the April 17-18 shoot is from Ohio and you may have met him. Slim will be running the shoot that weekend and yes he will take very good care of you, I am sure. Glad to have you aboard.
--George Washington

slim

I was at M'Burg on Sunday only.

We have quite a few events coming up "around here" so even if you can't make it on 04/10, we'll see you on 04/17. I'm Shoot Boss at that one too. (I'm in Cincinnati if you ever want to meet up for a beverage or something.)

M60FOREVER

Quote from: slim on April 02, 2010, 05:08:56 AM
I was at M'Burg on Sunday only.

We have quite a few events coming up "around here" so even if you can't make it on 04/10, we'll see you on 04/17. I'm Shoot Boss at that one too. (I'm in Cincinnati if you ever want to meet up for a beverage or something.)

Myself and a friend could could only make it on sat at the M'burg shoot. We plan on going to the carrolton shoot on the 17th.

MeanStreaker

I'm sure you'll have a great event, M60.  Keep up that dryfiring and stretching!  Again, it was nice having you at Miamisburg last weekend.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Adrenaline

KYGUNOWNERS  checking in.

I'll be at the shoot just lookign over the site now to get it all figured out.  But looks like a great idea to me can't wait to get involved!

Jason

ShootsLikeAGirl

Hey there!

We live in the Mt. Vernon area. I actually went to the Appleseed shoots Knob Creek with two of my sons (we met you & Slim there) and Carrollton with one of my daughters last fall and loved it. We are all signed up to attend the shoot in Ramseur on the 17th & 18th of this month, but will be attending some in state later. I hope to make rifleman (riflewoman, actually) in NC next week. We are a family with 8 children & another on the way. We are spreading the word and bringing lots of friends. Don't count Kentucky out yet!

See ya on the range!

Mudcat

I believe I remember you and your sons. Possibly the son with the Ruger mini 14?
Enjoy the shoot in Ramseur, I am jealous I haven't been there yet. I am sure they will take very good care of you there.
I hope to see you all on the line in KY later on in the year.

We aren't counting KY out for sure. We just have to a lot of this  @@) !@#) ~~:) @@).

Keep spreading the seed and doing that seventh step. O0

Mudcat
--George Washington

ShootsLikeAGirl

That's us!

Thanks for remembering.

My son laments the memory of the Mini 14 issues. He wishes others didn't remember it, also! We learned such great things at those Appleseeds, and appreciate all the time spent teaching us.

We are really looking forward to the NC Appleseed next week. The long distance range sounds great.

We already have several other friends loosely committed to some of the Appleseeds here in KY, so you'll be seeing us. I'm sure of it!

aakelley

Hey Mudcat, just wanted to say thanks again (and for the forum to see) for the shoot yesterday in Crittenden.  I have been wanting to go to an appleseed for a little more than a year now, but just couldn't get the logistics to work to make it down south.  The training was great and the discussion was inspirational.  If you guys need any help for any future appleseeds in KY let me know and I'll do what I can.

jeep45238

Had a great couple of days in KY with some great people. 

If my memory serves me right, we had 8 Rifleman this weekend, with 20-25 students.  A great time was had by all, and my classmate learned how to shoot a rifle a week prior to her Army Reserves qualifications - and had a smile on her face pretty much all day, both days.

Looking forward to next weekend  :)
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

tick

It was a great time, thanks to all the people who put it on. Hope they can have another one at crittenden.

Mudcat

Glad you guys made it to the forum. Be sure to check in from time to time.

We are working on another shoot at Crittenden, so lets keep our fingers crossed. There is another location just down the road a bit in Carrolton too and some just north in Ohio. if you find you just cannot wait any longer.  ;D

We can use all kinds of help here aakelley, I know you have talked with Hawkhaven he is the regional director for Appleseed.

Just want to say thanks to you guys for coming out this weekend. O0 we had a blast. :---

Mudcat
--George Washington

aakelley

I will probably head down to the one in Carollton to get my second shoot in ASAP.  Just have to find/make the time.

Hawkhaven and I have traded a few PMs and he said someone would be in touch to let me know what online / promotion help might be needed.

hawkhavn

aakelley,

Mudcat will be your guide for all things Kentucky, and he may have some needs right now. Let's get through the next two weekends. Then if you don't hear from me, holler and  I'll get you hooked up with the IT/promo side of the house.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

aakelley

Sounds great.  Understand you guys are busy right now.  I will try to make the May or June event in Carolton to get my second under my belt and then see if I can help you guys instruct.  I am ready to help on the online stuff when you guys are ready.