News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Appleseed Newsletter

Started by spitstickler, February 17, 2010, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

Stay informed of upcoming events and late breaking news with the Texas Appleseed Newsletter. This will go out once a month to everyone who signs up and will be a great way of getting a quick update on happenings in the Lone Star State. Appleseeders from neighboring states are certainly welcome to sign up as well.

http://eepurl.com/ie3t
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Aromatic

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

voortrekker

I'm signed up.

I can't wait to see the first newsletter!!         O0

Thank you Spitstickler!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

ItsanSKS

Spitstickler-

Could you please post a 'how-to' for getting this started in our own state?  It looks like it would be a great idea!

Thanks,

ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

spitstickler

Quote from: ItsanSKS on February 17, 2010, 09:29:43 PM
Spitstickler-

Could you please post a 'how-to' for getting this started in our own state?  It looks like it would be a great idea!

Thanks,

ItsanSKS

Hey ItsanSKS, I just sent you an email in this regard. We're in beta test mode right now trying to get past the spam filters. As soon as we get the wrinkles out of it, we'll be happy to share what we have. But, everyone feel free to go ahead and get signed up so we'll have a good list of folks to send to once the final details are ironed out.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

POP

Spit,
I'm in.
Great Banner.   :--- :--- :--- ^:)^
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

spitstickler

I just sent out the first newsletter, so (hopefully) it should be hitting your inbox today. We currently have 19 people signed up, so we'll use this as a beta test.

1) If you didn't receive it let me know
2) If it go marked as junk/spam let me know

Thanks!

Aromatic

Just read the first newsletter.  It looks great spitstickler  O0

Scout

SPpit-I want to tell you on here, (I have sent you PMs) how impressed I am with your efforts on this. You have done a bang up job with the priint media and the eletronic media system you have started to put in place.

Thanks Kirk!! :) ;) ;D
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

POP

IMPRESSIVE Kirk.
I look forward to more of your work.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

spitstickler

Well, we've had a few days and I've sent out the newsletter to everyone who's subscribed so far. Here are a few statistics:

Number of Subscribers: 32
Successful Deliveries: 32
Unique Opens: 24
Total Opens: 106
Open Rate: 77.17%

So what this data is telling us, is that everyone subscribed should have received an email. If you haven't, check your spam/junk mail folder and see if it's in there. You might have to add news@appleseedTexas.org to your address book, or make a "rule" that will let these come into your inbox. I think that will fix the majority of problems. If not, check this out: http://www.mailchimp.com/page/ips/

Scout

So currently we are running the newsletter by subscription to the URL only correct? I can post the URL on the Radio Page and also on my blogs. If any of the rest of you guys are running blogs or sending out correspondence consider adding the URL to your correspondence.

After talking with Kirk, he tells me that will be the best way to do this and keep us out of the hot "spam" water. What we can do is just offer the folks the ability to sign up by clicking on the URL that takes them to the subscription page and then they can be in charge of deciding if they want to be on the list of subscribers.

If you are a member of any kind of Texas Forum, you can consider making the URL part of your signature etc. Do not flood any forums with it, just be polite and mention it if it is appropriate. We will have sign up sheets at events and also I will be handing out info sheets at the shoot this weekend that has information and also the sign up URL for the eletronic newsletter.

Here is the URL;

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

spitstickler

Quote from: Scout on February 25, 2010, 07:39:17 PM
So currently we are running the newsletter by subscription to the URL only correct?

Correct. I just seemed that respecting peoples ability to choose for themselves is the right thing to do. Plus, it'll be the best way to keep us from being black listed and shut down. It's totally opt in/opt out at any time. We are asking for IIT and Red hat phone numbers at signup, but they are not required. To get the newsletter all we need is a first name and a valid email address.

For the addresses captured during the Jan & Feb gun shows, I sent them a personal email which had a link to sign up for the newsletter and a schedule of events for the next three months.

Quote from: ItsanSKS on February 17, 2010, 09:29:43 PM
Could you please post a 'how-to' for getting this started in our own state?  It looks like it would be a great idea!
Thanks, ItsanSKS

I started a post here in Promo 1: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12062.0 (you'll need Worker Level 1 (WL1) access to see it, but if anyone is wanting to do a newsletter for their state/region, they have probably already volunteered at that level anyway)

fuzzysnout

I've signed up for the newsletter but have not gotten it yet. What am I doing wrong?javascript:void(0);

spitstickler

Hey Fuzzy,

When you sign up you don't get one immediately, but your email is put in the bucket to to get the next one out the door. I'm a little behind on it right now, but hope to get one out in the next week or so.

fuzzysnout

Thanks for the info Mr. Spit. Anxiously awaiting next issue.

myosin

+1  Just signed up for the newsletter.

I am a new shooter. Just signed up for September in Fredericksburg. I am bringing a freind. Can't wait to learn.

Myosin

Quote from: scuzzy on February 17, 2010, 08:35:46 PM
Subscribed. Good idea.

CaptG

Spit,
Fantastic job on the latest newsletter. It looks really good. Having it come in an email makes is really easy to forward to all those on my seventh stepping list.
Keep up the good work.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

spitstickler

Thanks, CaptG. :)

If anyone missed the latest issue. Here it is:
http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=255c2a8c369391018b1d8ff2b&id=024e09b82f

Exmarlboroman

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

tdub

Please sign me up for the newsletter.  I am new to Appleseed and want to attend one this summer.  I live outside Corsicana and am just getting into shooting sports

Wes

starfox

Quote from: tdub on February 28, 2011, 12:34:28 AM
Please sign me up for the newsletter.  I am new to Appleseed and want to attend one this summer.  I live outside Corsicana and am just getting into shooting sports

Wes

Hi Wes!!  Glad to have another DFW-ish area person!  If Davilla doesn't work for you, we have the DFW DAR in Quail Creek, and we are negotiating with two other west-of-Dallas ranges for more shoots.  Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club, and Top Gun in Leonard.  There's also Atlanta, TX in East Texas which is a great location.

Appreciate your interest and look forward to having you on a line soon!  If you're email is hidden in your profile, drop a line to spitstickler with your email address to get added to our newletter.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

etxptfish

East Texas Pineywoods couple just signed up ! O0 O0

Uncle Freak

Howdy from Garland, Texas

Please add me to the news letter. I am going to attend my first Appleseed this year

Christopher
"It is not enough to do your best, sometimes you must do what is necessary"
Winston Churchill

olarmy58

:(

I registered for the Texas newsletter some time ago and haven't yet received anything.  Is is still being sent?

Texas Rifleman

All present and accounted for.
I'll get Master_Chief aka Zach to sign up tonite.

Thanks Kirk
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

spitstickler

Quote from: olarmy58 on October 19, 2011, 05:12:20 PM
:(

I registered for the Texas newsletter some time ago and haven't yet received anything.  Is is still being sent?

It hasn't gone out in a while. It's all set up, but we've been short on writers for the blog and the newsletter. If anyone would like to volunteer, I'd love some help.  :sos:

PattonD

I just signed up, I haven't attended a weekend yet, but looking forward to soon.