News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Iceman Coming Up

Started by wildman, February 14, 2010, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

Sat the 20th of Feb is the Iceman shoot at Ramseur. Scrub your bores gather up your ammo and make your way to the range.  We start shooting at 9:00 be there and be ready before then. This shoot will include the Morgan's Crew COF.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

The Kid

I am pumped for this event.  Another year of Morgans Crew COF sounds great.  This time I still going to be using the Garand but hopefully next shoot I will have my a3 ready, all I need now is the stock, and it sounds like Ad has the perfect one laying around somewhere! Looking forward to seeing you guys out there, I am bring snow pants for this one!

"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

FourIze

I'm looking forward to it!  I'll probably bring Norah (my Garand) - I need to run some of the Greek ammo I finally got through her and see how she likes it.  I forgot to save enough of that Apartheid ammo to get Camille (my M1A) through a full course of fire - don't think 40 rounds will quite do it.   :'(

See y'all Saturday!

FourIze
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
-Thomas Paine: The American Crisis, No. 4, 1777

hawkeye

I'm ready to go, just finished loading up my empty brass for the next couple of shoots. I'll bring the 1917 and Garand to this event and try to clean house (lol). There's some really good shooters at this event so bring your A game. See you there!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

wildman

You guys stand a good chance of cleaning my clock the foul weather has kept me off the range most of the winter. The weather looks like it will be good for Saturday no snow or freezing rain. The high temp might get into the 50s.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

You guys stand a good chance of cleaning my clock the foul weather has kept me off the range most of the winter. Yea we've heard that before just before you clean the coarse and send us home with our tails tucked between our legs.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

FourIze

Man!  If it's going to get up to 50, I might have to wear shorts and bring some suntan lotion! 8)

I HOPE the weather is going to be nice -- I really NEED to do some shooting this weekend.   :---

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."

JohnnyReb

See ya Saturday! Set me up a target at 200 in case i'm late, for a free hotdog of course.  ..:..
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

The Kid

Will do John.  So do the 50's qualify for shorts!
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

FourIze

Wow!  What a blast!!  Again, Daddy, again!!   ;D

And what a BEAUTIFUL day to shoot!  Had a lot of fun guys!

BTW, I counted my brass and clips when I got home and I found it all - I forgot we picked up some of it when Wildman and Hawkeye went down to check on the popups.

See y'all next time!

FourIze

JohnnyReb

Thanks Wildman for another great Saturday!

For those who expressed interest in the Charlotte steel plate shoot I posted info in the NC forum:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11985.0
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Koma

To Wildman and everyone who helped put on on other great and unique shoot, Thank You.

The Kid

What a great shoot, great weather, and some great shooters.  Thanks for putting it on again.  I need to slow down though.  I didn't miss the 460 once but I missed the 400's left and right.  Hope to see you guys out there next month!  Maybe then I will have my 03 ready and see how my Garand does with a new oprod and gas cylinder.  

The Kid

Oh by the way: Anyone have some pictures of the event?