News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Davilla Texas Appleseed-RBC and IBC dates

Started by Scout, February 09, 2010, 10:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

Here are the updated Davilla Texas dates for Appleseeds, IBCs and RBCs. I apologize for it taking so long but there was no way around it. I have already submitted dates for 2011 in order to make sure this does not happen again. Get your names on the schedules as soon as possible for these events and look at the Louisiana schedule also. We need folks to help fill out louisiana dates until they get some more IITs and red hats.

The rest of Texas dates will be posted here in the next few days so you can look at the whole schedule. Thanks guys. 

Feb 27-28
Boot Camp starts March 14
Mar 20-21 end of Boot Camp Appleseed
Apr 17-18
May 22-23
Jun 19-20
Jul 24-25
Aug 21-22
Sep 18-19
Oct 23-24
Boot Camp starts November 14
Nov 20-21 End of Boot Camp Appleseed
Dec 18-19

March Boot Camp is March 14-21
November Boot Camp is November 14-21

Davilla IBCs are April 10-12 and September 11-13
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

didactic

Wow!

Are you trying to arm-twist me into early retirement from my day job?

PM to follow.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

sashok.privetov

greetings, y'all!!!

your favorite russian here.

Scout--what is the difference between regular appleseed, and end of bootcamp appleseed, if any?
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

voortrekker

Quote from: sashok.privetov on March 06, 2010, 04:19:03 AM
greetings, y'all!!!

your favorite russian here.

Scout--what is the difference between regular appleseed, and end of bootcamp appleseed, if any?

Hello sashok.privetov,

I'm not Scout, but a TX Instructor who has Instructed at four RBC's.

There really is no difference between a regular Appleseed weekend event compared to a end of bootcamp(RBC) Appleseed weekend event as far as weekend AS attendees might be concerned.

The only difference, though not affecting instruction, there will be alot of new Instructors present on the line for safety, not necessarily for instruction,  being watched closely by seasoned Instructors.

Seasoned Instructors will be present to make sure all the points of instruction and course of fire are done to RWVA standards, like any other weekend AS event.

Have you attended an Appleseed event?

Brett
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

Aromatic

alonso1

Hi Sashok

Voortrekker is right.  No real difference.  Come on out and bring the Garand you were talking about. 

I'll have a 22 if you need one.

I know you want that patch, you were so close last time, bet you can't sleep at night because you hear it calling your name ;D 

That patch is waiting for you in Davilla.  Hope to see you there.

Mark

macjet

I'll be attending my first Appleseed shoot March 20-21. As it stands now I've got two others committed and possibly two more. Three AR's, one SIG556, and one SKS. :--- :--- :---
Davilla 3-10

Eleanor of AQT

Really looking forward to bootcamp next week.  Just have to find somewhere to stash the kiddos. 
Davilla 1108

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: Eleanor of AQT on March 09, 2010, 11:30:20 AM
Really looking forward to bootcamp next week.  Just have to find somewhere to stash the kiddos. 

They might fit in a Rubbermaid Action Packer, but I haven't tested that theory.   ++)
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sashok.privetov

Quote from: alonso1 on March 06, 2010, 10:43:14 PM
Hi Sashok

Voortrekker is right.  No real difference.  Come on out and bring the Garand you were talking about. 

I'll have a 22 if you need one.

I know you want that patch, you were so close last time, bet you can't sleep at night because you hear it calling your name ;D 

That patch is waiting for you in Davilla.  Hope to see you there.

Mark

Mark,
I'll bring the Garand for the April shoot--can't get the ammo from CMP in time for the March shoot.  Unless you want to just look at it.

I do hope to have that 10/22 I'm building ready for the shoot--I got the lock, I'm still waiting for stock and barrel from JG Sales... for about two months now...   :wb:

The patch is calling my name.  You should hear the names my friends are calling me, because I didn't get it.  :D
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

sashok.privetov

Eleanor of AQT

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on March 09, 2010, 02:35:10 PM
Quote from: Eleanor of AQT on March 09, 2010, 11:30:20 AM

ACTION Packer....now there's a thought!   

They might fit in a Rubbermaid Action Packer, but I haven't tested that theory.   ++)
Davilla 1108

(DW)

By chance, will anyone have slings to sell at Davilla on 5/22?

starfox

Quote from: dw9333 on May 18, 2010, 12:21:49 PM
By chance, will anyone have slings to sell at Davilla on 5/22?

I don't know about sell, but the instructors almost always have loaners.

The Appleseed store sells a great USGI sling that's reasonably priced.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

dragit

QuoteBy chance, will anyone have slings to sell at Davilla on 5/22?

Scout's daughters sell slings.  PM Scout to see if any are left.  Not as in Democratic left or Republican right, but actually in the box they sell them out of. #)
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

rocknrod

Okay - Upon my arrival back to the states I would like to come out and attend.
I get back in early August this year.
So how do I register please?
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
DGR Built M1 Garand

spmcpeek

Check the schedule here http://appleseedinfo.org/as_schedule2.php

If you get back in early August, the 21-22 would be the first opportunity at Davilla.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11818.0

(DW)

Question on clarification of dates for November RBC.  http://www.appleseedinfo.org/bc_schedule.php This page lists the RBC as Nov 20-27.  Since that falls directly on Thanksgiving, I'm assuming Nov 14-21 is accurate.  Just wanted to be sure.

Scout

Yes, you are right. I will make sure that gets changed. ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

schwert

John and Patricia Burmeister are reporting in for the August 21 & 22, 2010 shoot at Davilla.

We will be in your area tomorrow, Friday, to scout out the area.

Fare Winds,

C.J.Burmeister
Longville, La
337-725-3566

Baminal

OK Scout, any hint on dates for the Spring 2011 IBC at Davilla yet?

I just want to make sure all my bosses get plenty of notice. &)
The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

Reddot

Quote from: Baminal on August 28, 2010, 02:58:21 AM
OK Scout, any hint on dates for the Spring 2011 IBC at Davilla yet?

I just want to make sure all my bosses get plenty of notice. &)
Glad you asked that Brett--I need to work with all the range owners/operators for dates in 2011--it's going to be here faster than you think.
More to follow.
Chuck