News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 17,18 shoot planning

Started by ItsanSKS, February 09, 2010, 03:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Looking to get a grasp on who is planning on doing what for our April 17,18 shoots. 

So far we have these events/instructors scheduled:

Hernando County, FL     PHenry/SB  panhead (IIT2), Clinnon (IIT)
Myakka City, FL     RickB/SB  willorith (IIT3), BrownBess (IIT)
St. Augustine, FL     ItsanSKS/SB  jollymeister(IIT)
Gainesville, FL            ____/SB Echodog(IIT), Liberty's Daughter(IIT)

I propose that 1: Willorith step up to SB Gainesville, and 2: the following IIT's who have not yet signed up for an event, be assigned as follows, schedules/transportation permitting:

Douglas34377 - Hernando
West151Precinct - St. Augustine
DrJohn - Myakka
jollynator - St. Augustine
ThaiFighter - Myakka
TruTrak - Myakka

Which gives us the following:

Hernando County, FL     PHenry/SB  panhead (IIT2), Clinnon (IIT), 
                                Douglass34377 (IIT3)

Myakka City, FL     RickB/SB  ThaiFighter (IIT1), DrJohn (IIT1)
                                TruTrak (IIT2)

St. Augustine, FL     ItsanSKS/SB  jollymeister(IIT), jollynator (IIT),
                                West151Precinct (IIT3)

*Gainesville, FL            Willorith/SB BrownBess (IIT3), Echodog(IIT),
                                Liberty's Daughter(IIT)

I believe this to be a good compromise of instructor travel, and ensuring that there be enough instructors at each event.  This is by no means set in stone, and this thread may be used for the discussion of alternatives. 

PHenry, RickB, & Willorith, you have a PM inbound regarding these events.. (Top Secret/EYES ONLY- type stuff)

*= you will notice that Gainesville is not yet on the Instructor Schedule, nor is it on the "public schedule".  This is because I have not yet received the Host Application Packet, though I am assured that it will be in the mail sometime this week.  Once I have the 'Packet' in hand, I will be able to complete all of the necessary preparations. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

willorith

I like it fine. I'll probably drag Hopalong with me also. That will give me a crew I'm familiar with and my IIT3 will be of great importance in presenting an event of Appleseed standards.
We are but human.

ThaiFighter

I'm game.  I'll send the PM now...

Also, If you'd like to carpool to Bradford this wknd, I'd be glad to head out early Friday so we can shoot up set up the range,  call and we'll get it organized.  :---
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

ItsanSKS

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

DrJohn

Count me in to assist at the shoot at Myakka City.  Thanks for the consideration!  Looking forward to seeing the Florida crew again.   ;)

DrJohn
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

ThaiFighter

I have been added to the Myakka event...

Look forward to seeing you too Dr John!   O0
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

LadyVetch

Hello Florida Appleseeders,

I am finding myself in Florida over the April 17-18 weekend.  I would like to help out at the Myakka event as I will be staying on Anna Marie Island.

Want some help from a Wisconsite IIT?

And I have an 11 yr old son who would like to attend.  Do you know if that is allowed under Florida Laws?

I look forwared to meeting some Floridians. 

Renee

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

RickB

LadyVetch,
We'll be happy to have your help--and of course your son is welcome (and legal) to shoot.  I'll be shoot bossing this event so feel free to PM me with questions, travel plans, needs, etc.
RickB

douglas34474

I'm set to work the Gainesville shoot on April 17 & 18. It's the closest shoot to me.

I can't speak for Clinnon, but I believe she will be there also.

panhead

Quote from: douglas34474 on February 15, 2010, 08:30:20 PM
I'm set to work the Gainesville shoot on April 17 & 18. It's the closest shoot to me.

I can't speak for Clinnon, but I believe she will be there also.

okaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

any more shuffling planned???

now is a good time to check pre-regs and make a best swag.

maybe there are some hats out there that need to be dusted off and worn out in the sunshine (hopefully) again? Mas may be there  ;^ )
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

douglas34474

Clinnon is back in town and I spoke with her last night.

If we are needed at Hernando more than Gainesville, then schedule us to Hernando.

ItsanSKS

Just checked the 2010 Instructor Schedule, and I have to say I am a little disappointed.  We are talking about THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF THE YEAR, as far as Appleseeding is concerned, and we have folks here in FL who have yet to sign up to work a shoot.

Current Instructor Schedule:
Apr 17-18     Gainesville, FL     /SB  douglas34474 (IIT2)
Apr 17-18     Hernando County, FL     PHenry/SB  panhead (IIT2), Clinnon (IIT)
Apr 17-18     Myakka City, FL     RickB/SB  willorith (IIT3), BrownBess (IIT), DrJohn (IIT2), ThaiFighter (IIT 1), LadyVetch (IIT1)
Apr 17-18     St. Augustine, FL     ItsanSKS/SB  jollymeister(IIT), jollynator (IIT)

It would appear the Willorith and BrownBess have yet to contact 'Instructor Scheduling' regarding the shifting of personnel from Myakka to Gainesville.  I'd like to see that done ASAP, as Willorith is going to have to secure the "Shoot Box" for his event.  Mine has already arrived, thanks to the hard work of Bulkhead, the AS Logistics Officer. 

If you have an orange hat collecting dust in your closet, NOW is the time to brush it off.  We've got one more event scheduled between now and April 17,18- make sure you attend it, so we can ensure everyone is on the same page regarding instructor responsibilities and duties.

Should you have any questions, please contact me directly by phone.  I want to get this sorted out ASAP!

douglas34474

I spoke with Echodog this evening. Hernando is closer for him and Libertysdaughter than Gainesville.

Spoke with Clinnon earlier this week and Hernando vs Gainesville is 6 of one half dozen of the other.

Gainesville is the closest shoot to me.

Bottom line is what ever needs to be done will get done.

I have not gotten on the local radio stations yet, but will this next week. I believe a local shoot in the area will be a good draw. Just need to get the word out.

ItsanSKS

Fellow Appleseed instructors:

Looking at the Instructor Schedule, I have found the following:

Apr 17-18     Gainesville, FL       _____/SB  douglas34474 (IIT2), echodog (IIT 1), LibertysDaughter (IIT 1)
Apr 17-18     Hernando County, FL     PHenry/SB  panhead (IIT2), Clinnon (IIT), SendIt (IIT 1)
Apr 17-18     Myakka City, FL     RickB/SB  willorith (IIT3), BrownBess (IIT), DrJohn (IIT2), ThaiFighter 
                                                LadyVetch (IIT1)
Apr 17-18     St. Augustine, FL     ItsanSKS/SB  jollymeister(IIT), jollynator (IIT), west151precinct(IIT1)

I want to thank west151precinct for stepping up to help out at the St. Augustine shoot; with 50 folks expected to be in attendence (if not more!) we are going to need all the help we can get. :sos:

It looks as if we still have some shuffling to do.  After talking with both Willorith and PHenry, it looks like we can have douglas34474 x-fer to the Hernando event, to accompany Panhead and Sendit.  One hopes the Mrs. Cleaver will also be in attendance. 

Willorith & BrownBess still need to contact Instructor Scheduling to get their venues switched around- Gainesville is in need of a Shoot Boss!

After this the Instructor Schedule should look like this:

Apr 17-18     Gainesville, FL           Willorith/SB, BrownBess(RI), echodog (IIT 1), LibertysDaughter (IIT1)
Apr 17-18     Hernando County, FL  PHenry/SB  panhead (IIT2), Douglass34474 Clinnon (IIT), SendIt (IIT1)
Apr 17-18     Myakka City, FL     RickB/SB  DrJohn (RI), ThaiFighter (IIT4), LadyVetch (IIT1)
Apr 17-18     St. Augustine, FL     ItsanSKS/SB  jollymeister(IIT), jollynator (IIT), west151precinct(IIT1)

Input?  Comments?  Criticisms?  Lets get them all out in the open now, so we can all be sure where we are headed come April 17,18!

panhead

howdy

Thanks to all for shuffling. See you at HSC in a couple of weeks.
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

douglas34474

I have to transfer Sean from the Gainesville shoot to Hernando. No big deal. Confirmed with Clinnon, we are good to go for Hernando.

I also invited Barbara Scott from WSKY Radio 97.3 to come out to the Gainesville event. She will need a loaner rifle if someone can commit to bring her one. I was going to load her mine.

ItsanSKS

QuoteI also invited Barbara Scott from WSKY Radio 97.3 to come out to the Gainesville event. She will need a loaner rifle if someone can commit to bring her one. I was going to load her mine.

Please contact Willorith to coordinate loaner rifle situation.  I'd be surprised if there wasn't one available.

Contact PHenry to coordinate x-fer Sean from Gainesville to Hernando.  You may also need to contact RifleWoman for this.  Sooner is better.

panhead

Quote from: ItsanSKS on March 26, 2010, 11:35:08 PM
Fellow Appleseed instructors:

Looking at the Instructor Schedule, I have found the following:

Apr 17-18     Gainesville, FL       _____/SB  douglas34474 (IIT2), echodog (IIT 1), LibertysDaughter (IIT 1)
Apr 17-18     Hernando County, FL     PHenry/SB  panhead (IIT2), Clinnon (IIT), SendIt (IIT 1)
Apr 17-18     Myakka City, FL     RickB/SB  willorith (IIT3), BrownBess (IIT), DrJohn (IIT2), ThaiFighter 
                                                LadyVetch (IIT1)

I want to thank west151precinct for stepping up to help out at the St. Augustine shoot; with 50 folks expected to be in attendence (if not more!) we are going to need all the help we can get. :sos:

It looks as if we still have some shuffling to do.  After talking with both Willorith and PHenry, it looks like we can have douglas34474 x-fer to the Hernando event, to accompany Panhead and Sendit.  One hopes the Mrs. Cleaver will also be in attendance. 

Willorith & BrownBess still need to contact Instructor Scheduling to get their venues switched around- Gainesville is in need of a Shoot Boss!

After this the Instructor Schedule should look like this:

Apr 17-18     Gainesville, FL           Willorith/SB, BrownBess(RI), echodog (IIT 1), LibertysDaughter (IIT1)
Apr 17-18     Hernando County, FL  PHenry/SB  panhead (IIT2), Douglass34474 Clinnon (IIT), SendIt (IIT1)
Apr 17-18     Myakka City, FL     RickB/SB  DrJohn (RI), ThaiFighter (IIT4), LadyVetch (IIT1)

Input?  Comments?  Criticisms?  Lets get them all out in the open now, so we can all be sure where we are headed come April 17,18!

Is Spooner available? He would be most welcome at Hernando, the closest shoot to his home...I thought I saw his picture on a milk carton though   @)

echodog

Steph and I will bring our 10/22s for anyone who needs them . When we were at the Gainesville Tea Party event we had a very nice elderly veteran
who wanted to attend but said he didnt have a rifle. Itsansks said the best way to assure he had one was to work this event and bring him one. Sooooo...... we will have our two for loaners if needed.

RickB

Just to bring you all up-to-date.  I've PM'd LadyVetch twice over the past month and have yet to get a reply.  Myakka City may only have three instructors.  We will improvise, adapt, and overcome!
RickB

See below

PHenry

Rick,
We have lots of folks that are IITs that are not signed up. Time to get cracking on urging them to serve. If ItsanSKS does not have their contact info - let me know and I will see what I can find.

We have:
Peter AKA?
Chris AKA Hopalong
Martin AKA ?
Todd AKA Sgt Joker
Scotty AKA Wulfgarsmith2

I have already received no can dos from Tow4 and MacGuy.

Time to put out the distress call. Too many instructors is fine - not enough is not fine and can be a safety issue. Not to mention a possible drop in quality and we can't have that here in FL!

I know there are others that are inactive as well, but might be convinced to re-don their caps for one event. I will contact Jack044 and see if he is up for helping - ya never know.

T
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

RickB

Trey,
I just heard from LV and she will be there.  She's very new but knows safety and is ready to call the line (for the first time).
RickB

PHenry

10/4 -  I sent a heartfelt plea out to an good instructor who has "faded out", but have received no reply.

On the SI and WL3 boards, I am asking f or advice on how to reduce the IIT attrition phenom and getting some good info that I will try and put into practice to see if we can hold onto more of the good people we have brung into the program, as I see this as one of our largest challenges.

PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

RickB

Trey,
I can at least fill you in on Martin (Marandy).  He still has not been to his second Appleseed!
He and his wife have both been having health issues but he's staying in touch with me.  He thinks he will be a shooter April 17 & 18.  Then he can finally put on the orange hat.

Any way to get more help for ItsAnSKS from out-of-state?  His crew is awfully light for 50+ shooters.  As I'm sure you already noticed.

RickB

PHenry

I'll place another call to Wulfgarsmith2 and see what he is up to. I could also give up someone as I have plenty of help at Hernando and low #s.

I just looked at pre-regs, we need to make a move. It's not just the 50 shooters - it's that crazy strung out line also. I will PM Clinnon and Douglas and see if they are OK with switching.
PH

ThaiFighter

I stand ready to go wherever I am most needed.

-GBS

douglas34474

PM sent. Clinnon and I will be at St. Augustine. We can't leave ItsanSKS all alone.  ;)