News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Gainesville TeaParty 02/06/10

Started by ItsanSKS, February 07, 2010, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Weather was beautiful; highs in the mid 70's, clear blue skies.

Many, many folks coming out in support of Liberty, with a few of the local politicians coming out to 'press the flesh' as well. 

Was able to speak with the owner/manager of the Gainesville Target Range, and finalized some of the plans for our April 17,18 event there.  I unfortunately left without the Host Application Packet, but I am assured it will be in the mail Monday. 

Passed out nearly 300 fliers, thanks in no small part to the outstanding assistance provided by two of our IIT staff, Liberty's Daughter and Echodog.
Many thanks, as I never would have been able to pull it off by myself.

We have a real partner in this range, as the staff is 100% behind the program, and willing to do whatever it takes to make this event successful- they will be sending out a special notice to all members, inviting them to the inaugural Appleseed, and have already linked up to coordinate local promotions on Facebook.

Took a couple of pictures to show the turnout; raw numbers aren't in yet, but I would hazard a guess at 4-500 people turned out- low, until you consider that Gainesville is considered to be a bastion of 'progressive' thoughtlessness.

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

willorith

Arndimples was there. I am even more sorry I couldn't make it. My mother in law is in town and I was restrained be family obligations.
See you next week, Eric
You too, Dimples.
We are but human.

Florida Cracker

ItsanSKS,

I met you at the Gainesville Tea Party. Look forward to attending a shoot soon.

I was excited to see Appleseed Project there.

Greg
Secession a good idea in 1776 and 1860 -- An even better idea now!

ItsanSKS

Greg,

It was a pleasure meeting you and the other fine patriots in attendance.  It is good to see that you found your way to our web forum- you will find much good information here.  I would ask one small imposition of you, Sir- that you help spread the word about our upcoming Appleseed events.  You will find a list of our events in Florida here, and can find some ready-made promotional materials here.  As you well know, we need as many Americans awake to our uncommon heritage as we can muster.  Appleseed has a way of waking people up, and getting them off the couch- moreso than any other organization I have ever come across.

The most effective form of promotion, is, of course, word of mouth- second is by passing fliers out to the local gun shops, supermarket bulletin boards, sporting goods' stores, etc. 

Should you have any questions, feel free to post them up here, or you may contact me directly:

Eric "ItsanSKS" McCabe
Florida State Coordinator
Email: RWVA@Live.com
Phone: (813)385-3968
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

NorCal22Gal

Great work...We found lots of folks that were like minded in our Redding,CA Tea Party. In fact we had abt 17 or 18 of them at our December shoot in Red Bluff, CA....They are looking forward the the up coming events.  Eaglescouter and I attend meetings almost every week.  Usually we have a table set up to display appleseed flyers and other stuff as well as a computer with a powerpoint slide show of recent shoots.

There are usually 150 or more people at the meetings every week.  We are getting ready to do another presentation to them to pitch our shoots in March and April.

Good Luck.

NorCal22Gal