News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP Sporter shoots at ORCO

Started by Birdman, February 02, 2010, 11:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdman

This Saturday, Feb 6 is another INDOOR CMP Sporter shoot at ORCO in Geneva.  These shoots are great to keep your skills current.  ORCO puts on a pretty good shoot.  Rifleman NeoTim and I will be there this Saturday for the 1st and 2nd relays.  These shoots are run very much like an Appleseed AQT, except for the no sling rule for offhand. !@#)  Another shoot is scheduled for March 6.  PM me for more information.
Towards spring, Crooked Creek in Hartsgrove, OH will pick up again with it's outdoor CMP Sporter matches. Crooked Creek also runs CMP Garand and service rifle matches.

WY_Not

Which Geneva? Mapquest is showing two of them in Ohio.
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

desertrat144

Birdman,

Could I ask you to check with the CMP folks for Sign Language (ASL) translations for rifle parts and Range Commands?  This is for Adaptive Appleseed, and will be added to the ROEs submitted.

THX,
Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Birdman

WY-Not,
The shoot is in the same building as the North Ridge Yamaha Shop on Rt 20. The address is 5929 N Ridge Rd W Geneva, OH 44041.
I have contact info to preregister.  Relays are at 8:30, 10:30, 12:30, and 2:30.  Some relays may be filled already.
Rifle requirements are:
Rifle must not exceed 7.5 Lb, sling not included
Trigger must hold a 3lb weight
Optics, 6x max (adjustable taped to 6x max)
Peep or aperature sights shoot in scope class
Open sights in their own class
Bolt action or semi ok

Tom, I will check with the folks there about ASL.

desertrat144

Birdman-
QuoteTom, I will check with the folks there about ASL.
Thank you!
Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

arpjoe

Birdman,

Fine performance on the ORCO Rimfire Sporter Telescopic Class Feb 6th.  I saw you shot good enough for a Silver and Gold achievement medals.  I'll have to go back and see what Tim shot.

Joe
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

Birdman

Hey Joe!
I have a good excuse for that silver medal.....my barrel was loose. Really! In reality, I was a bad rifleman and did not thoroughly inspect my equipment before the shoot.