News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

TEXAS EVENTS 2010

Started by WestTx, February 02, 2010, 10:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestTx

This is where we post the events for 2010 for Texas.
Rifleman. That says it all.

B9

I see Fredericksburg has been added for April 17-18 2010.

Any plans is the works for more 2010 dates? I would love to make it to one here but am tied up in NY for April.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

POP

B9
Although there are no specific plans for more shoots in Fburg this year, THERE ARE PLANS FOR MORE SHOOTS.
We have this first one on the books.  Many more will follow.
We look forward to seeing you at one of them.

Thanks for asking,
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

James E

Scout and his fellow Texans,

I'll be visiting the San Antonio area next week, Wednesday 4/7 thru Sunday 4/11, and I will have a big stack of SWATs with Fredericksburg fliers with me.  I just want to know if there are any specific places that I should make sure to hit with fliers in S.A., Boerne, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Comfort, New Braunfels, Sequin, etc.

If my wife and I like the area, Texas just might have a new Shoot Boss before long.

James

Aromatic

James,

Not too familiar with the area, but the Alamo might be a good place.

We would love to have you as part of the Texas crew.

voortrekker

Quote from: James E on March 30, 2010, 10:16:00 PM

I'll be visiting the San Antonio area next week, Wednesday 4/7 thru Sunday 4/11, and I will have a big stack of SWATs with Fredericksburg fliers with me.  I just want to know if there are any specific places that I should make sure to hit with fliers in S.A., Boerne, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Comfort, New Braunfels, Sequin, etc.

If my wife and I like the area, Texas just might have a new Shoot Boss before long.

James

Hello James,

Considering you are taking a driving trip to TX from California, I would highly recommend taking a route that will get you just south of Goldwaithe or even Comanche.

From either one of these towns, you can get on Hwy 16 that will lead to San Antonio.

If you take this route to San Antone, you will see some of the most beautiful country in Texas at the best time to see it.  It is spring and the blue bonnets and indian paint brushes are blooming more than this native Texan has ever seen.

It is truly a sight to behold.

Just remember if you take this route, while driving at night, expect to see numerous deer.  The deer will be crossing mostly at low spots, bridges, creeks, etc.

But I recommend to drive along Hwy 16 in the day for sure, so much beauty to see there in the heart of Texas.

You will be traveling through the Texas Hill Country that the developers haven't gotten their greedy hands on yet.

Inasfar as fliers etc., I would do an internet search on gun shops that are on you route.

Good luck with your journey.

Brett.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

James E

Quote from: voortrekker on March 30, 2010, 11:29:59 PM

Hello James,

Considering you are taking a driving trip to TX from California,

Brett,

We're not driving this from California time, but have in the past.  You're right, Hill Country is beautiful.  Part of our plan is to really see some of the Hill Country, and figure out if that is where we make our new home.  Hwy 16 is definitely on the itinerary.

James

POP

JE
While in FBurg, visit KNS Precision.  Look for Gordon Gipson, owner.  He is well familiar with Appleseed and, was instrumental in the search for an AS range there.  knsprecision.com

POP

Quote from: James E on March 30, 2010, 10:16:00 PM

James
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

dragit

Hello James,

I live in New Braunfels and will drop off fliers at the local range here (Dietz) which is 5 minutes from my house.  It is actually a combination of ranges: 1. 100 yard .22 schuetzen verein range, one of the oldest German shooting clubs in Texas since 1849, 2. pistol & rifle range 25, 50, 100, 200 yards, 3. a LEO only range, and 4. the Central Texas Silueta Association range (25 to 500 meters). 

I am applying for CTSA membership so I can use the long distance range.  Call me if you are in the area.

Tommy Newton
tnewty
830-214-3475
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

doubleLL

Hi James,
If you have time while in San Antonio, Durys gun store could use some flyers. The gun store is packed on the weekends. The staff is friendly, ask for Robert he is a great guy.

http://www.durysguns.com/

Address:
819 Hot Wells
San Antonio, TX 78223
(4 miles South of the Alamo Dome on I-37)
Phone (210) 533-5431
(210) 533-5468
Fax (210) 533-2537
info@durysguns.com

Hours: Tues-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-1pm
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

lookylou

What has happened to the events in El Paso? I can only find indoor events.

doubleLL

Lookylou,
The Fort Bliss Gun club shoots have been cancelled. However the indoor shoots are still on. If you want more information about the El Paso shoots PM me or e-mail me at lolhan@1scom.net.

I am working with Scout on the El Paso shoots. We need someone to pass out flyers and get people signed up for the indoor shoots. 

Thanks-DoubleLL (Lauren)
Davilla 3-10

James E

My wife and I really enjoyed our visit to your state.  There's a good chance we will be back on a longer term basis.  Whenever we reluctantly revealed we were from California, folks would invariably say, "Why don't y'all stay?"

Anyway, I had a big stack of F'burg fliers with me.  I didn't make it to any gun shops, but I did talk to folks everywhere we went.  San Antonio, Helotes, Boerne, Fredericksburg, Bandera, Kerrville, New Braunfels, even the Gruene Dance Hall and a Comal Creek winery.  I hope I helped.  We wish Y'ALL to have a good, safe, April 17-18.

James

LRW

Bro Marvin and I have tickets printed out for both days and room reservation at Best Western in Temple. Looking forward to learnin some new things. We are both taking 10/22s and hopin to get lucky and be able to shoot '06s Sunday. In the rain even.

Another couple more guys at Denton County Sports Assn. may come as well. Pretty sure Craig bringin AK and if Rich can get out of working, coming with Sigs.

doubleLL

LRW- Looking forward to seeing the folks from Denton County Sports at the Appleseed. We have a special day planned. Bring your rain gear to ward off the rain gods.  :)
Davilla 3-10