News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster

Started by okiewino, February 02, 2010, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okiewino

Virtual Muster Sign in Sheet
Sign in here
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"..Thomas Jefferson

henschman

Daniel Hensch from the Stillwater Training Band here...

ITS APPLESEED SEASON, FOLKS!  LET'S HIT THE TRAIL!

I HAVE NOT A MAN WHO IS AFRAID TO GO!

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

bratch

henschman

Hey Bryce, I think I may have met you at H&H one time when I met OG and a couple other guys there. 

You ready for that OKC shoot? 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

bratch

I bet you did.  I met OG, you? and a poster from another forum named Glock Cop (who is supposed to be at the shoot with his wife). If I remember you were shooting an AR10.

I am pretty excited about the shoot we're getting alot of views so hopefully it turns into people on the line.  I think if we can get it to work out OKCGC could be a great site to use with its outstanding facilities and central location. 

Are you coming down for it?

henschman

Yep, that was me with the .308 AR.  I have since sold it and bought an M1A!

I am definitely planning on making it to OKC.  I've been waiting for a more centrally-located OK shoot for a while.  I have a bunch of people I'm planning on bringing out -- my boss and 2 of his sons, some folks from law school, my parents, and of course all 3 of the Stillwater IITs. 

However, Pittsburg, KS is having a shoot that weekend, and I told them that if they absolutely can't find an instructor to run that one, I will do it.  I'm sure they'll find somebody, though.

I would LOVE to see regular shoots there.  It is a really great location. 

bratch

Sounds good hope you get to make it a good turnout and successful event would really help future events.  I would think one of the Kansas boys would be able to cover Pittsburgh.

oldgrunt

March 2010 muster .......... O0Present

OG
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

Scarecrow

floydf

First time attendee at a virtual muster.

Attended first Appleseed last November at Sallisaw, made Rifleman.  Signed up for the April 17-18 at Osage Beach MO; strong desire to start the IIT track.  Planning to attend the RBC at Osage Beach next fall.

Located 20m nw of Tahlequah.

Floyd Ferguson
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

oldgrunt

good job WILL thanks for the okc help you did great...

I hope too see you guyzz in April ..I will be in the OKC gun shows this coming weekend..If you all need help with PC's performace checks let me know I can see too it that your done and progressing..

If you all want to we can meet up at H&H one of the days of the show?
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

Scarecrow

I am there in April.
Though I have shot AQT 214 points, I'm still not "official".
I want/need to be official at the April shoot with the patch on my jacket.
Maybe qualify Friday the day before, before dark?

oldgrunt

Sounds good ..We can get you up there on the line to start the shoot off too ..

The Patch is just the dressing lol ..Get ready for the meat of the program ..

Bring your wire cattle fixin plyers for sure ... I know we will need 40 by 40 backers for the KD portion...Keep that in mind
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Well guess what??? At H&H gun range on Tuesday nights they are holding classes on the Constitution .A Professor from UCO has been talking to Oklahoma's masses about what it means and why the Forfathers wrote it for us ..

I think we need to contact him soon to see if we can make a appearance ??Anyone up to this? I'll drive down there and help..

We can see about have them come to a event to speak or just listen to what we do with the stories..

I'll see about call in the range this week ...DONT LET THIS PASS US BY...

The Late night news covered it OKC NEWS 9.

Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

JuniperLimb

I talked to Miles (the owner) at H&H a bit about Appleseed on Monday.  He was busy at the time, but he is very interested in learning more.  He's very interested in what Appleseed is about.  H&H has a reasonably active forum of its own.  Haven't made it to the Constitution class, but I hear it is a good one. 

henschman

Whoops, I totally forgot to make an appearance last night at the virtual muster!

What can I say, the GF distracted me by making me a really nice meal and whatnot.

Hey, I would be down for an H&H trip and maybe some gun show action this weekend. 

Speaking of Constitutional Law, I am doing my writing requirement for law school graduation on a topic of Constitutional Law (the Non-delegation Doctrine).  I'll be working on it all week (this is my spring break), so I might be all Constitutioned out... nah, who am I kidding, you can't get too much of that stuff!  That class is a really good idea.  When I was in Constitutional Law class back in my 1st year, I thought it was really a shame that you generally only hear this stuff if you go to law school.  There are a lot of things about Constitutional Law that every American should know. 

OG, give me a call or a message or something if you go to the range this weekend.  And what day are you thinking about going to the gun show?  If we do this, all the Stillwater IITs will probably want to come hang out too. 

See you all later.

Nice to have you on board, floydf.  I hope to meet you down the trail sometime -- maybe for the next Sallisaw shoot.  Have fun at Osage Beach.  There are some good guys up that way.

okiewino

Well guys and gals the time for Badlands is at hand, looking forward to a great weekend of shooting and history, will be leaving OKC at 3:00, so will be there in the old battle wagon, so if anyone needs anything let me know and I will do what is possible to take care of your needs.  Sign in here tonight and lets see who all is online.
Okiewino
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"..Thomas Jefferson

oldgrunt

I'm here and ready to go ...seeya all soon I'll be setting the line the morning of ..come out and helpout..lol
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

Scarecrow

I'll be onsite, Badlands, Friday afternoon.

dalesp

Hey everyone - I just got back from Instructor Boot Camp in Davilla last night.  Looking forward to this weekend at Badlands.
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

slidecrook

Checking in during the middle of an orchestra rehearsal!

I can't make the shoot this weekend, but here's hoping the USSA details get worked out in time for the summer.

oldgrunt

Its a go for sept oct right now ..Dont worry you can be a red hat there .My treat lol
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

well once again I missed the muster night... but at least I was doing Appleseed stuff last evening!  A-Bomb and I got together and practiced IMC and a little history. 

Man, I'm glad the Oklahoma instructor corps is finally getting off the ground.  We've got a couple Shoot Bosses, several new IITs joining up, and very very soon we'll have some more red hats. 

The American Revolution is alive and well in Oklahoma!