News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CHECK IN HERE FOR MUSTER NIGHT!!!

Started by Deacon, February 02, 2010, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

Quote from: Old Glory! on February 02, 2010, 11:56:00 PM
Quote from: 4merUSMC1803 on February 02, 2010, 11:48:59 PM
Quote from: Old Glory! on February 02, 2010, 11:39:52 PM
Quote from: Robbvious on February 02, 2010, 11:29:04 PM
Quote from: Old Glory! on February 02, 2010, 11:28:15 PM
THANK YOU FOR MUSTERING UP!

WI IS OFFERING A FREE ADMISSION TO THE SUAMICO, FEBRUARY 13-14 APPLESEED TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO REPLIES TO THIS POST.

Nevermind, I don't count....

DING DING DING!!!!  WE HAVE A WINNER!  YES YOU DO COUNT.   EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE A RED HAT AND GET IN FREE  ::)  YOU PROBABLY HAVE A FRIEND THAT YOU COULD MANAGE TO TALK INTO COMING ALONG WITH YOU.  THAT IS SOMETHING THAT WE ALL NEED TO DO; BRING A FRIEND.  ROBBVIOUS, THIS TIME YOUR FRIEND IS FREE.  PM YOUR ADDRESS AND I'LL SEND YOU THE CERTIFICATE.

Dang.  I guess I missed out!  Can I come to the next one?

4merUSMC
You are always welcome in WI!    Since you already wear the hat (probably turned Red ;)) no charge. :)   ;D

Hey OG, you never know...I may just show up in WI this year, for a "deep south" border raid... Tell Colycat & Aahshoot I said hello.  G'night, until we meet again.
Darrell
D Lawley

colycat

Darrel,

Thanks for showing up on our site.  See you again man.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

EEL

Boy oh boy..........I'm in sooooo much trouble here I might just need a new place to live.  Any openings up north?  Not only am I currently grounded.......Someone, (insert G69 here) won't take my calls!  :-X

Maybe if I bake him a cake or something........

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

colycat

Quote from: EEL on February 03, 2010, 12:40:30 AM
Boy oh boy..........I'm in sooooo much trouble here I might just need a new place to live.  Any openings up north?  Not only am I currently grounded.......Someone, (insert G69 here) won't take my calls!  :-X

Maybe if I bake him a cake or something........

EEL

EEL you got big time friends up nort.  Even your own room :o
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Domingo

Well, I have two other people that i'm working on getting on the Appleseed trail. One has bad eyesight and a WASR-16 who thinks it wouldn't be worth it to show up and shoot all over the AQt.  The other  has yet to buy a rifle and is thinking about picking up an AR15. The one who is interested is a retired combat vet who seemed intrigued by the Appleseed program after i told him how much fun it was. He seems to think he can show me up in marksmanship so that might be a good way to lure him to a shoot and get him into the program.  ;)
"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Old Glory!

Quote from: Old Glory! on February 02, 2010, 11:58:53 PM
MUSTERED UP IN WI ON 2-2-10 (20 Wisconsinseeders and counting)  (7 border-raiders >:D)

Deacon
Mogget
JoeZ
Domingo
Turbo
Colycat
Old Glory!
Mikes
Trisha
Ladyvetch
CGinWI
Ahhshoot
Dragonfly
Endpoint
Robbvious
Fepowered
LibbyT
Grandy
Shooterer
Muskyjerk
Did I miss you?

Border-raiders
4merUSMC
Garand69
Gumballhead
Karl
SavageShootr
EEL
Aftermath
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

fepowered

Quote from: Domingo on February 03, 2010, 06:06:10 AM
Well, I have two other people that i'm working on getting on the Appleseed trail. One has bad eyesight and a WASR-16 who thinks it wouldn't be worth it to show up and shoot all over the AQt.  The other  has yet to buy a rifle and is thinking about picking up an AR15. The one who is interested is a retired combat vet who seemed intrigued by the Appleseed program after i told him how much fun it was. He seems to think he can show me up in marksmanship so that might be a good way to lure him to a shoot and get him into the program.  ;)
Please encourage him to come and bring his WASR or better yet borrow a .22.  It is about the learning and not about becoming an Expert in a single weekend.  I have seen people come really clost to a Rifleman's score with a WASR and its factory sights.  The reality is that most who attend will not make Rifleman, but most all will have the desire to improve and do so.  For what you can spend in ammo for a center fire, you can buy a cheap used 10/22 or Marlin 60/795, Remington 597 etc...     I don't know how much stronger I can state the point that it isn't about the equipment, it is about the person behind the trigger holding the rifle.   I have seen beat up scoped 10/22s shoot 2-3MOA groups with the sling wrapped around the end of the stock in an improvised manor.
I think that the whole cook/rifleman concept can unfortunately be distracting and discouraging to some.   They do not realize that it is meant as a good natured challenge and not to demean or degrade anyone or their abilities or lack of. 
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

fepowered

Quote from: Robbvious on February 02, 2010, 11:28:26 PM
FE, would I be able to get into the Suamico clubhouse on Friday afternoon/evening?  I have that day off and would prefer coming up then instead of at zero-dark-thirty Saturday morning.
If you are seriously considering camping out in the Club House (small unheated building), IM or E-mail me a phone number so that we can work out the details. 

Ed
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

Muskyjerk

15 hours late  :(

seriously I was at the club last night giving my monthly plug for the program.

all of JoeZ's state flyers were snatched up(they will be replaced tomorrow) and around 6 people approached me for further info .

just wish I could pronounce Suamico. told them the next shoot was north of Greenbay.  :)

fepowered

Quote from: Muskyjerk on February 03, 2010, 02:30:24 PM

just wish I could pronounce Suamico. told them the next shoot was north of Greenbay.  :)

sw ah mick oh :)

Shooterer

I checked in at the wrong thread last night :-[
jk
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

Old Glory!

Deacon,
Thanks for starting us out on the right foot and organizing our State Muster.  What you have written down are really important points for WI to be considering.   Worth all of us reading again.

I am looking forward to #5, "Three strikes history" at the Blue Spoon on February 10.  If it goes well, maybe we can squeeze in another in March and April.   

Muskyjerk,  Thanks for doing the "real" Appleseeding last night.  Hubertus is turning out to be one of most sought after locations.  April 17-18 is already half filled.   :cool2:

Glad to see Domingo, Mikes, CGinWI and Shooterer in addition to everyone else.  Thanks for mustering up and offering to help promote.  WI and AMERICA needs your help!

OG

Quote from: Deacon on February 02, 2010, 08:56:47 PM
Thanks for stopping by to the Wisconsin Appleseed page.

Post a note when you are here so we know who is checking in.  Here is an opportunity to ask questions about anything!  Got a question about a shoot?  How about one of the new ranges in Wisconsin.  Post your question and hopefully we can get some great answers.

Here is a list of things to think about...........

1.  We NEED new range opportunities in the Wausau/Stevens Point/Tomahawk area.  If you know of any ranges, or if you have a friend in the area up there, please let us know.  We need to start 'seeding' the middle of the state!!!

2.  Look over the Wisconsin schedule and please send a PM to "Instructor Scheduling" and "Nickle".  Let them know what shoots you are available to instruct at.  If you are an IIT,  please make sure you are completing your P.C.'s for the upcoming shoots.

3.  Pay special attention to April 17/18th.  We have 4!!! shoots scheduled for that weekend.  This will be an "All hands on Deck" weekend.

4.  LBOTG  (local boots on the ground)  Please help out with promotions and get the word out on all the new Wisconsin shoots.  We have several new ranges this year and it will be VERY important to make sure we fill the lines so we make a great showing for the new ranges.

5.  Mark your schedules (I know they are busy) for Wednesday February 10th.  We are having a "Three Strikes 101" History Refreshers course.  This will be at the "Blue Spoon" Resturaunt located at 550 Water Street in Prairie du Sac, WI.  We have reserved the upstairs dining room so we will have dinner and work on the Three Strikes so we are all prepared for the upcoming Appleseed "season".  We already have 8 people signed up for this!

Deacon
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion