News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CHECK IN HERE FOR MUSTER NIGHT!!!

Started by Deacon, February 02, 2010, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domingo

Quote from: fepowered on February 02, 2010, 11:07:07 PM
Quote from: Domingo on February 02, 2010, 11:00:22 PM
As for Suamico this month I would like to go for at least one day however I am out of ammo for my AR with no available funds to buy more. I did buy a .22lr for Appleseed shoots but it has turned out to be unreliable and I need to send it back to the manufacturer to have it fixed before I bring it to a shoot.
What do you have and what problems are you having?   Are you certain it is not magazine or ammo related? 

Its an S&W M&P 15-22. The rounds tend to get stuck in the top of the magazine and it also has some stove pipeing issues. From what I've read this is a common problem with these rifles.
"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

fepowered

Wood County Rifle and Pistol Club in WI Rapids would be an awesome location.   A private 600yd range with targets on carriages for full distance shooting.  

Quote from: Deacon on February 02, 2010, 11:08:52 PM
Quote from: Deacon on February 02, 2010, 08:56:47 PM
Here is a list of things to think about...........

1.  We NEED new range opportunities in the Wausau/Stevens Point/Tomahawk area.  If you know of any ranges, or if you have a friend in the area up there, please let us know.  We need to start 'seeding' the middle of the state!!!

2.  Look over the Wisconsin schedule and please send a PM to "Instructor Scheduling" and "Nickle".  Let them know what shoots you are available to instruct at.  If you are an IIT,  please make sure you are completing your P.C.'s for the upcoming shoots.

3.  Pay special attention to April 17/18th.  We have 4!!! shoots scheduled for that weekend.  This will be an "All hands on Deck" weekend.

4.  LBOTG  (local boots on the ground)  Please help out with promotions and get the word out on all the new Wisconsin shoots.  We have several new ranges this year and it will be VERY important to make sure we fill the lines so we make a great showing for the new ranges.

5.  Mark your schedules (I know they are busy) for Wednesday February 10th.  We are having a "Three Strikes 101" History Refreshers course.  This will be at the "Blue Spoon" Resturaunt located at 550 Water Street in Prairie du Sac, WI.  We have reserved the upstairs dining room so we will have dinner and work on the Three Strikes so we are all prepared for the upcoming Appleseed "season".  We already have 8 people signed up for this!

Deacon
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Old Glory!

To the FIRST person who offers to print and hang flyers for Suamico, WI is offering a FREE admission to the WI Appleseed of your choice.

Act fast!  Flyer attached
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

fepowered

Quote from: Domingo on February 02, 2010, 11:10:07 PM
Its an S&W M&P 15-22. The rounds tend to get stuck in the top of the magazine and it also has some stove pipeing issues. From what I've read this is a common problem with these rifles.
Ahh.  Not what I had hoped....
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

mikes

fepowered

Quote from: Old Glory! on February 02, 2010, 11:11:48 PM
To the FIRST person who offers to print and hang flyers for Suamico, WI is offering a FREE admission to the WI Appleseed of your choice.

For anyone who wants to pick some up from Green Bay (or Appleton area), I can print all of the fliers you are willing to run and hang in the surrounding area....

Deacon

Quote from: fepowered on February 02, 2010, 11:10:54 PM
Wood County Rifle and Pistol Club in WI Rapids would be an awesome location.   A private 600yd range with targets on carriages for full distance shooting.  

Thanks FE,  I will contact them and see what I can do!!!!
Deacon

fepowered

Quote from: mikes on February 02, 2010, 11:14:27 PM
On the printer
You do not have to waste your ink....   I will supply the fliers...

Old Glory!

Quote from: mikes on February 02, 2010, 11:14:27 PM
On the printer

DING  DING  DING!!!!!!!!   WE HAVE A WINNER!  

MIKES, PM ME WITH YOUR ADDRESS AND I'LL MAIL YOU THE CERTIFICATE.  IT HAS A SECRET CODE NUMBER THAT YOU USE WHEN YOU REGISTER THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO REGISTER FREE!  

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Domingo

I'll see if I can get this up on the bulletin board at the Georgia Pacific mill here in Green Bay. Lots of folks work there so its probably a good bet.
"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

fepowered

Quote from: Deacon on February 02, 2010, 11:15:54 PM
Quote from: fepowered on February 02, 2010, 11:10:54 PM
Wood County Rifle and Pistol Club in WI Rapids would be an awesome location.   A private 600yd range with targets on carriages for full distance shooting.   

Thanks FE,  I will contact them and see what I can do!!!!
Deacon

Wood County Rifle & Pistol Club    www.wcrifle.org    Sandra Schoenick, 715-424-1698
QuoteDIRECTIONS to the WOOD COUNTY RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB RANGE:

You will be arriving in Wis Rapids on HWY's 13, 73, 54 or 34.
All highways will meet on a 4 lane road called the RIVERVIEW EXPRESSWAY.
I'm assuming you will enter town on HWY-54.
Follow the signs for 54.
It will turn west onto the RIVERVIEW EXPRESSWAY, continue across the Wisconsin River bridge.
Immediately after crossing river, turn left (south) at stoplights onto 2ND AVENUE SOUTH.
From bridge, drive 2 miles on 2ND AVE. to SENECA ROAD.
(There is a new Euro style traffic circle at the 1 mile point, by the Armory.
Drive around it & continue south.)
Turn right (West) on SENECA ROAD, drive straight for approx 3 miles to RANGE ROAD.
(Pavement will change to gravel at about the 2.5 mile point.)
Turn right (north) on RANGE ROAD for 1/4 mile to range entrance.
Turn right into range parking lot.

fepowered

Quote from: Domingo on February 02, 2010, 11:18:09 PM

I'll see if I can get this up on the bulletin board at the Georgia Pacific mill here in Green Bay. Lots of folks work there so its probably a good bet.
Are you at the east side mill?   If so, I am right next door.....

Domingo

Quote from: fepowered on February 02, 2010, 11:23:06 PM
Quote from: Domingo on February 02, 2010, 11:18:09 PM

Are you at the east side mill?   If so, I am right next door.....

No, I work at a GP subsidiary but I could see about getting something up at their Broadway plant.
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Grandy

Bring Enough Gun

Old Glory!

THANK YOU FOR MUSTERING UP!

WI IS OFFERING A FREE ADMISSION TO THE SUAMICO, FEBRUARY 13-14 APPLESEED TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO REPLIES TO THIS POST.

Robbvious

FE, would I be able to get into the Suamico clubhouse on Friday afternoon/evening?  I have that day off and would prefer coming up then instead of at zero-dark-thirty Saturday morning.
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

Robbvious

Quote from: Old Glory! on February 02, 2010, 11:28:15 PM

WI IS OFFERING A FREE ADMISSION TO THE SUAMICO, FEBRUARY 13-14 APPLESEED TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO REPLIES TO THIS POST.

Nevermind, I don't count....
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

JoeZ

QuoteI just got 5000 rounds of .22 off the big brown ammo truck...(quote]

**) **) **)

I love it.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Grandy

I'd jump at that offer if I wasn't just getting healed up from carpal tunnel surgery!   :wb:
Bring Enough Gun

Old Glory!

Quote from: Robbvious on February 02, 2010, 11:29:04 PM

DING DING DING!!!!  WE HAVE A WINNER!  YES YOU DO COUNT.   EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE A RED HAT AND GET IN FREE  ::)  YOU PROBABLY HAVE A FRIEND THAT YOU COULD MANAGE TO TALK INTO COMING ALONG WITH YOU.  THAT IS SOMETHING THAT WE ALL NEED TO DO; BRING A FRIEND.  ROBBVIOUS, THIS TIME YOUR FRIEND IS FREE.  PM YOUR ADDRESS AND I'LL SEND YOU THE CERTIFICATE.

Robbvious

Quote from: Old Glory! on February 02, 2010, 11:39:52 PM

DING DING DING!!!!  WE HAVE A WINNER!  YES YOU DO COUNT.   EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE A RED HAT AND GET IN FREE  ::)  YOU PROBABLY HAVE A FRIEND THAT YOU COULD MANAGE TO TALK INTO COMING ALONG WITH YOU.  THAT IS SOMETHING THAT WE ALL NEED TO DO; BRING A FRIEND.  ROBBVIOUS, THIS TIME YOUR FRIEND IS FREE.  PM YOUR ADDRESS AND I'LL SEND YOU THE CERTIFICATE.

Just bring it along if you're coming.  I'll drag someone along, by the earlobe if necessary.

4merUSMC1803

Dang.  I guess I missed out!  Can I come to the next one?
D Lawley

Robbvious

Quote from: 4merUSMC1803 on February 02, 2010, 11:48:59 PM

You can come to this one!  Appleseed is still the best value in Rifle instruction and American heritage at any price!

Deacon

I will be loggging off,  I'm up in Minneapolis and have to get up at 4:00am to go and do some audits.....

Thanks to everyone for logging on and checking things out.

Please take a look again and the original post and help out where you can.  Please PM me if you have any questions! O0

Maybe all of us can drag someone by the ear so we can make Suamico another successful Wisconsin Appleseed.

Thanks!
Deacon
aka...The Deaconator/Coordinator!  (Thanks OG!)

Old Glory!

4merUSMC
You are always welcome in WI!    Since you already wear the hat (probably turned Red ;)) no charge. :)   ;D

Robbvious

Hey JoeZ, the big brown ammo truck also brought me 500 rounds of .17 HMR.  200 yard rabbit whackin'!

Old Glory!

MUSTERED UP IN WI ON 2-2-10 (18 Wisconsinseeders and counting)  (7 border-raiders >:D)

Deacon
Mogget
JoeZ
Domingo
Turbo
Colycat
Old Glory!
Mikes
Trisha
Ladyvetch
CGinWI
Ahhshoot
Dragonfly
Endpoint
Robbvious
Fepowered
LibbyT
Grandy
Did I miss you?

Border-raiders
4merUSMC
Garand69
Gumballhead
Karl
SavageShootr
EEL
Aftermath

SavageShootr

Hey WISCONSIN...

You all are doing a great job finding new ranges and setting up shoots.  :bow:

Keep up the good work.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Old Glory!

4mer, LOVE your moniker!  That is perfect.