News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Muster Night Business

Started by AdamSelene, February 02, 2010, 08:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamSelene

Howdi!

So any instructors want to work Pittsburg 6-7 March?  I have two IITs just need the big wigs.

-Adam
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

Greg in MO

Hey Adam!

Regional Coordinator checking in...  Since part of my job is to help you get instructors to shoots in the region, I'll see what I can do.  I would come myself, but I will be heading to White Sands that weekend for the week.

I will give the MO instructor corp a heads up.

Greg

AdamSelene

4bfox:

How are the chances of a Eureka RBC in May looking?

-Adam
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

henschman

Hello from your neighbor to the south!

Looks like we already have several shoots scheduled up your way.

Like I already told AdamSelene, I am wanting to be in Oklahoma City for the 6-7 March shoot...  I've been wanting to get my boss and his kids, as well as my parents, to a shoot, but none of them wanted to drive 3 hours to Sallisaw, Grandfield, Eureka, or Pittsburg.  This is the first good, centrally-located OK shoot we've had.  We're expecting a large turnout, so we probably need all the OK folks we can get for it.  But if worse comes to worse and none of you KS instructors can make it to Pittsburg that weekend, I'll come up and run it.  

Hopefully Dad or ][rishman or Ben1775 or one of the other Instructors will chime in to this thread and commit to run this shoot.

So what's this about a RBC at Eureka?  I would definitely be up for that.  I've got to make it to some kind of an event with a Master Instructor so I can get upgraded to Shoot Boss.  I might even drive a bit to get to one of the upcoming RBCs so I can do that.  

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Greg in MO

Ok Kansas...  What shoots do we have on the schedule?

Do we have any new locations on tap?

How many instructors in the pipeline?

Greg

AdamSelene

Pittsburg has two shoots 6-7 March, 9-10 October.  We need dedicated land to do it more often, we are shutting down a gun club to do Appleseeds right now.

In Pittsburg we have myself (signed up to IIT both Pittsburg shoots and the May Eureka KS shoot)
AceOfSpades is also here he should be signed up to IIT both Pittsburg shoots and I am working on him for more.

-Adam

Greg in MO

How many Eureka and Oxford shoots this year?

AdamSelene

I had heard that the Oxford Range space we used is out due to health of the owner.  Dunno if they found another one.

I hope 4bFox will chime in here in a minute on Eureka.  They have really taken off and have a bunch scheduled this year.

Anyone else out there?

4bfox

We have shoots already scheduled in Eureka for April-November. We have really been trying to get a RBC to go in May.....have a great site. My main reason for the RBC is to generate more instructors in Kansas, which we desperately need.

We are REAL close to getting a DAR just outside of Eureka.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Greg in MO

Fantastic news about Eureka.  If I can help with the RBC I will be glad to...

That is a shame about Oxford.  He was a great guy and would bend over backwards (if he could have) for us.  I am very sorry to hear his health has failed.

What are we doing to move west?  We need something in Salina, Hayes, Dodge City, etc...  Anyone out that way?

Greg

4bfox

Yes, Oxford was where I got started in AS. Joe is a great guy. I've never heard of anything happening West of Wichita.

BTW...we may need to do a 1-day Appleseed at some point in time...our local Sheriff's Dept. just ordered AR-15s for their deputies. Now they just need to know what to do with them....

How does that work? Do LEOs pay for AS, or are they like Military?

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

4bfox

Quote from: AdamSelene on February 02, 2010, 09:16:13 PM
4bfox:

How are the chances of a Eureka RBC in May looking?

-Adam

Higher ups are supposed to be working on this. I've met with the site manager again, he's doing a sales job with the actual owner, should know next week or so if it'll go or not.

If the church camp doesn't work, we have a plan B site....Evans range.

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

AdamSelene

Quote from: 4bfox on February 02, 2010, 10:22:46 PM

How does that work? Do LEOs pay for AS, or are they like Military?

I dont care what the book answer is, for an initial shoot to get them on the patrol rifles we should waive it.  Let me know when you set it up.  I will come out and help.  I am also a reserve deputy in my county and will publicize it in my department.

henschman

If you arrange that 1-day shoot for the Sheriffs, I will come up and help teach it.  

After all, we can't have a bunch of deputies running around with ARs who don't know how to shoot them!  Them 5.56s go a long way...  Better know how to put them in the right place!   ;)

Yes, LEOs shoot free at Appleseeds... actually, 1-day shoots aren't really "official" appleseeds, and you don't have to charge anybody if you don't want to.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

ksuguy

I can help out at any events we have in Eureka or Oxford.  Also,  we should probably be thinking about getting a table ready for the spring Chisholm Trail gun show.    It's on March 6 and March 7 out at the coliseum.   

4bfox

OK....great! I'll get back with them and see when they want to do it. I would suspect a Sunday would be their preference.

New subject....how do I do the IIT thing? I asked at the Nov Pittsburg shoot, after I qualified again....out of orange hats! Who do I need to contact on this? I have a couple other guys around here that will do this at our next shoot (April).

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Greg in MO

4bfox,

Let the SB for the next shoot you are attending know that you want to be an IIT and that you need an orange hat.  THey should be able to order you one with the shoot supplies.  I always have several on hand.  Do you have access to the instructor area of the boards?  If not, the same SB should be able to help you with that as well.  Let me know if you have more questions.

G

henschman

4bfox, I was the shoot boss at your last shoot, where you shot Rifleman for the second time, so I can get you upgraded to IIT status on the forum (this will give you access to more of the forum, and a lot of helpful info).  In fact, I'll send the PM to make that happen right now! 

Like Greg said, just PM the shoot boss of your next scheduled shoot and tell him to bring you an orange hat.  Sorry about that!  I didn't have enough orange hats on hand to cover all the new IITs we made that weekend!

The ][rishman

Ben, I was not an instructor for the last shoot in Eureka. (even though I was obviously the only one there to shoot boss).  I am now an instructor.  I will send nickle a PM asking him to give you access to the instructor boards.  Thank you for all you do for AS here in KS.

][rishman
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abĂș
KD0OHT

4bfox

Quote from: The ][rishman on February 02, 2010, 11:10:07 PM
Ben, I was not an instructor for the last shoot in Eureka. (even though I was obviously the only one there to shoot boss).  I am now an instructor.  I will send nickle a PM asking him to give you access to the instructor boards.  Thank you for all you do for AS here in KS.

][rishman

Great....thanks!  Hoping to get a couple more around here on the trail soon. Nickle is supposed to be working on a SB for the RBC, if it goes.

4b

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

AdamSelene

So where are we going from here?  We have a few venues in the Southern and Eastern part of the state.  Do we have anyone in the mid and western parts of the state?  KC KS area?  

What else can we do?  Gun shows?  Outreach to the Re-enacting groups?

Do we have a Kansas consolidated flyer and I just have been missing it?  The forum is kind of cluttered. 

henschman

Hey Ben, you're now officially an IIT!  Thanks for stepping up!

Greg in MO

You have 3 KS instructors (IITs) in the Olathe area.  Titegroup, Tacticool and Captain America are all technically in KS.  They have been helping out at shoots around the KC area, but you guys should try to get them down to Pittsburgh.  They are good guys if they make the time to show up.

G