News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Support our Supporters!

Started by ItsanSKS, February 02, 2010, 01:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Please use this thread to promote those supporters of Project Appleseed here in FL; both commercial and non-commercial are welcome.

Those who step up to support this organization deserve recognition and our support!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ItsanSKS

Folks, I have recently hammered out a deal with a brand-new web forum devoted to firearms, based here in Tampa, FL.  The web forum is www.TampaGunForum.com

As I said, they are brand new, and so have only a few sub-forums and members, but I foresee this website growing in leaps and bounds in the near future- especially if we, as Appleseeders, commit to making meaningful contributions to the website. 

I will likely become a moderator for the forum, (the site admin has already offered the position) and the administrator/owner has agreed to not only post a banner advertisement for the site, but to dedicate a specific sub-forum for Appleseed-related posts. 

Many websites come and go, so it will be up to us to ensure that this website stays- the more users, the more revenue from advertisers, hence lest out-of-pocket costs for maintaining the site. 

Please register for the forum, introduce yourself, and drop me a line- my username there is "PSL4ME".  As the website starts to grow, I'm certain this will be a win/win prospect for both Appleseed and TampaGunForums.com
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Fred

Absolutely, what he says.

I'd say these forum guys are smarter than they think, to attach their forum to Appleseed, which is destined in a few years to be "the biggest guy on the block" in the gun world. (Not bragging, we simply get there by virtue of continuing to grow in accordance with our plan...)

So, yeah, let's make some energy "getting the word out" about AS on this forum.

A good start might (ItsanSKS, feel free to veto this if you don't like it) be to post some of the better comments about AS made by students - that "Kids and Appleseed" thread would be rich mining, along with "What AS means to me" and that thread about "why I'm in AS".

Or, you can be original, and post your own "why I'm in AS" posts... O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

douglas34474

The topic of getting Ruger to build LTRs has been around for a while and it does not seem to get anywhere. So I'm offering Ruger 10-22s for sale as LTRs, ready to go right out of the box.

Rifle: standard hardwood stocked Ruger 10-22 Carbine,
Sights: Tech-Sights TSR-100,
Sling swivels: Uncle Mike's 1-1/4" Super Swivels,
Sling: USGI style web sling,
Extended mag release: Christie & Christie,
Automatic release bolt hold open,
Fit extractor and firing pin to bolt,
Trigger job at 2.5# to 3# pull weight.

These are priced at $389.00, plus shipping to your FFL.

My contact information is:

Douglas G. Cowan, Gunsmithing
Licensed Gunsmith and Manufacture
phone: 352-236-0845
email: douglas@mfi.net

jacques

I also got the banner put on a new forum. Bumpfire.net.

Also got it put onto a well established forum, Calguns.net. Calguns is a huge one. There are many, many, many calguns members that come to AS's. Calguns is not just another forum, there are events and what not, where people actually meet each other for real. They also have started the Calguns foundation which has taken very active involvement in defending people wrongfully charged for gun related bogus reasons. (which is common here).

There is another forum starting up also, a friend of mine in LA is starting it, it is called www.caprc.com/forums  (California precision rifle club forum).

I will start to ping them as soon as they get a little more established.  O0

They are smart to put the banner up. There are many people that have been to AS's that are part of these groups that praise the program. 
Two Words-Meriams Corner

ItsanSKS

There is a supportive gunsmith in Naples, FL that has done work for a fellow Appleseeder.
Should you live in the area, and find yourself in need of 'smithing work, stop in and say hello, and be sure to let 'em know you found out about them on the Appleseed forum!

Wayne Berquist - Guns and Gunsmithing
5760 Shirley St., #21
Naples, FL 34109

239-594-1573
Fax 597-8259

Email - WBCustom@aol.com

What a fellow appleseeder had to say about their customer service:
Quote from: hornblowerI just purchased a Marlin 795SS from Wayne Berquist, who owns a gunshop in Naples, Florida.

Wayne gave me a very fair price.

I wanted to put Tech Sights on the Marlin and Wayne did not carry those.

He told me to order them separately and he would put them on for me.

The gun arrived in a few days from my placing the order.

I took the sights in and in about 30 minutes, Brett, one of Wayne's staff, called me to tell me that my rifle was ready for pickup with the Tech Sights installed.

There was no charge for this service.

I have purchased several guns from Wayne and have received good treatment and excellent service.

Wayne did a great job customizing my Colt Series 70 1911

Brett is especially knowledgable and helpful.

We need to support the local gun shops, like Wayne Berquist, who offer fair pricing and good service

PHenry

Here's a couple new ones to support!

Pat Flynn from Muzzle Blasters donated a brand new Ruger 1022 at the recent RBC at Rocky Creek Ranch. He's a nice guy and very knowledgeable. He's located in Palmetto, FL (727) 773-5011

Also, there is the Sportsman's Gazette - a 2A friendly publication, whose owner always run an ad for us and just wrote a very nice article about us. Please consider subscribing.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ranger1968

Quote from: ItsanSKS on April 30, 2010, 01:57:54 PM
There is a supportive gunsmith in Naples, FL that has done work for a fellow Appleseeder.
Should you live in the area, and find yourself in need of 'smithing work, stop in and say hello, and be sure to let 'em know you found out about them on the Appleseed forum!

Wayne Berquist - Guns and Gunsmithing
5760 Shirley St., #21
Naples, FL 34109

239-594-1573
Fax 597-8259

Email - WBCustom@aol.com

What a fellow appleseeder had to say about their customer service:
Quote from: hornblowerI just purchased a Marlin 795SS from Wayne Berquist, who owns a gunshop in Naples, Florida.

Wayne gave me a very fair price.

I wanted to put Tech Sights on the Marlin and Wayne did not carry those.

He told me to order them separately and he would put them on for me.

The gun arrived in a few days from my placing the order.

I took the sights in and in about 30 minutes, Brett, one of Wayne's staff, called me to tell me that my rifle was ready for pickup with the Tech Sights installed.

There was no charge for this service.

I have purchased several guns from Wayne and have received good treatment and excellent service.

Wayne did a great job customizing my Colt Series 70 1911

Brett is especially knowledgable and helpful.

We need to support the local gun shops, like Wayne Berquist, who offer fair pricing and good service

I know Wayne, he's a great guy, and a master gunsmith, he runs the shop along with his wife Kathy, his son Michael, and his daughter Melanie. They are good , solid people, and  good to deal with, very helpful and decent....I have some Appleseed fliers and tri-folds, I will drop some off to him the next time I am there, I am sure he will put them out..... 8)

Ranger

JeffW

I've dealt with Pat a few times for gun transfers and things.  He's a great guy to talk to and to do business with. 

Quote from: PHenry on January 04, 2011, 04:08:20 PM
Here's a couple new ones to support!

Pat Flynn from Muzzle Blasters donated a brand new Ruger 1022 at the recent RBC at Rocky Creek Ranch. He's a nice guy and very knowledgeable. He's located in Palmetto, FL (727) 773-5011

Also, there is the Sportsman's Gazette - a 2A friendly publication, whose owner always run an ad for us and just wrote a very nice article about us. Please consider subscribing.

Sly223

After another Great meal, at Red-N- Margies, Chris will post our Appleseed broshoure, and we will start the seventh step trickle from SWF. ++)
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Sly223

I now support, :P
Starbucks. ;) :cool2:
At least, $$-0
until this communist Faction, @&)
Lays off the 2a!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!